Mining Laser Recipie Will not Produce

• I'm running the latest version of Forge and IC2 experimental. I re downloaded both of those just in case. The only other mods I'm using are buildcraft and Blood Magic (I tried it with both of them uninstalled)

I've tried a few different recipes I've seen online, including a version with two red stone, or a version with two of the energy crystals. I've also tried a very old version using glowstone and a stick.

Nothing seems I do seems to make the laser :( I've been enjoying IC2 VERY much and I'm eager to bring all my progress to fruition, of course the laser is a prereq for a lot of great stuff. Thanks for the great mod, and thanks for your help.
    :Mining Laser:

:rolleyes:

• Official Post

The recipe changed. I highly recommend you get NEI for getting recipes, the internet just doesn't cut it with IC2 experimental changing recipes as often as it does.

Images

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Hello.

I have the same problem: can`t protuduce mining laser.

I`m playing in a single mode. Use next mods: Industrial Craft 2 (Exp.) 2.2.2.680 , BuildCraft 6.3.6 , Forestry 3.4.0.7 and NEI 1.0.3.74. Minecraft 1.7.10 version.

I need Mining Laser to produced Thermal Certrifuge. Maybe, it is possible in another way?

Thanks.

• Official Post

Have you used the iron turning blank in the Lathing Machine? It should says handle in the tooltip if you have correctly.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

No, you've got to use a Lathing Machine to turn the iron turning blank into one with the handle tooltip, or it won't work, like you found.

I see this too much.

• I have the same problem. I don't even see a lathing machine in my game. I only see a "lathing tool" How do I use it on the turning blank?

• I have the same problem too!
    Build 691. In single-mode and creative all is OK, but in multiplayer/survival - when I put last component on my worktable - laser will appear for very short interval of time and then disapears... :((

I think, this is a bug...

• I have the same problem. I don't even see a lathing machine in my game. I only see a "lathing tool" How do I use it on the turning blank?

Yes, you need a Turning Table, Electric kinetic Generator and motor for drive it, and one lathing tool

• Official Post

I see this too much.

• Another experiment...
    Single mode, all components prepared in creative, then switched to survival, making laser - OK!
    All other mods is no matters...

I've put the blame to one more seriously bug - unstackable entities, like a rubber, wires, adv. electronics etc. Items of same class are incompatible! :cursing:

Maybe this is result of production by different users, I don't know
    Chocohead, if you want, I can send you zipped world with this items

• Official Post

That's a really strange one, if rubber and wires and the like aren't stacking, you've got more than 1 serious issue with IC2.

I see this too much.

• I have resolved it! :thumbup:

It's a new item - turning blank, crafted onto "handle", who breaks up. It's crafted right, with right ID, but crafted by another player and "incompatible" :cursing: .
    Making new handle by myself is the solution.

• Official Post

i have this problem too, with the newest build 780...using right recipe and right handle...where can be a problem?

Are you playing SMP? If you are that sounds like the client and server have different versions of IC2, or the server doesn't have it at all.

I see this too much.

• no, singleplayer, survival mode...i downgrade IC2 to build 670 and it is working now (with same resources as before) but it is a pity that i cant have newest builds because of that