* Okay, everything in short!
Make a function that takes something as input and generates 4 numbers that belongs to an item, that can be filled into energy storing items/blocks, which will determines how energy storing item/block behaves so that players can invent new materials which allow them to store more energy in limited space. THE END.
* Everything in long!
I am learning hash table in CSCB63...
My teacher described hash function as a beast that takes in anything and spit out some number in fixed range...
I ring a bell - Lets tame that beast so that it takes something and spit out 4 numbers that are in fixed range...
Make energy storing items and blocks works according to those 4 numbers, those 4 numbers are:
- efficiency (ratio of energy that are lost when storing into it)
- capacity (yes! how much energy it can store)
- discharge rate (how fast energy is released)
- degrade factor (some random number to be feed into another beast that wiil changes those 4 numbers per every single EU charged or released)
That will be battery fillings, or battery acids, or whatever you like to call it...
Basically, they will be the stuffs that is stored in battery, that is used to store energy.
It is good because: it is randomized!
You can make discovery: "this combination works! because it has high efficiency! high capacity! high discharge rate! low degrade factor!"
Then someone else may claim: "mine works better!.. because blah!"
(So, Material physics-ish)
This idea is good because:
- It destroys deterministic property of IC2 gameplay! (If you know how to use it)
- Yeah, that is the only one I can think of...
But, by that way, you no longer needs to keep enlarging energy storage capacity for some device because some players needs it, or games mechanics needs it...
Just let them discover a way to get those 4 numbers bigger....
*** Now! What is BAD? ***
- Re-work for energy storage system
- New energy storage system is much more complicated, so development time is long. (But it is not hard except the beast function)
- Energy storage blocks needs to be changed
- Needs dedicated blocks and items to make this idea works
- Extra art, and art takes time.. A LOT OF TIME...
*** THE END ***
Now, some of my random words:
Please make an option so that blue prints are not universal across all server...
PS: This is just a quick idea... I am bit burnt out right now..