Depleted Cells

• I think for the biogas setup, it makes a lot more sense to plug in RTGs for an extra 64Hu/t that never runs out, or to use a non fluid reactor.

The thing with mox is, its efficiency is shot, it uses six time the U238 as enriched uranium, barring having run out of 235 alltogether, you ultimatley only end up with the *same* efficiency as enriched for fluid reactors, and you have to build CRCS setups to pull it off. It's not bad if you're looking for direct to EU setups (I've got that 1200eu/t one in creative, without a need for a whole biogas factory/distribution point), but with fluid you're pretty much capped on output anyway, so the best you can hope for is equal efficiency.

The only exception might be if you've been running so long all the U235 is gone.

Edit: actually, i take this back, with CRCS fluids you could push over 10kHu/t per tick the mox is actually on. Actually building that much in coolign towers is slightly absurd, but the efficiency is good enough to be competitive with other plutonium options.

• Thank you spawn. I suppose some maniac could make a system that auto extracts not coolant cells, but overclocked fans. Giving THEM somewhere else to cool down, in order to keep a fluid reactor at a heat it's components couldn't usually endure. It seems unlikely there'd be a benefit to doing this rather than distributing 60k coolant cells, but the devil's in the details with things like how fast coolant cells tend to give thier heat to neighboring units.

Still, you export vents, you're exporting objects that are all actively cooling themselves in the secondary reactor, instead of setting up a network to drain the heat from coolant cells. while immediately sliding in fresh cool one in order to keep a reactor at a heat it couldn't usually swing. It would have to be some much faster swapping than with coolant cells.

This may be VERY worth doing, it seems like the problematic habit of overclocked fans to unevenly take the reactor's burden ( unless coaxed by exchangers) probably wouldn't matter when they're in a reactor that isn't ACTIVELY giving them heat.

The ability to have one or more entire reactors where in full grids of overclocked fans are running without a need for any component heat distribution strategy could be a very big deal if you arrange a rapid switching.

Yes Requia, I will probably save them for RTGs, but....I'm sorry what does CRCS stand for?

Also regarding RTGs I've read somewhere, and it seems unlikely to be right, that the heat one provides 64 hu/t, and the electric one provides 64 Eu/T...that's not right is it? Seems like Hu/T would be twice as high as Eu/T for equality sake. Usually how these things go. If they're equal I'd obviously wanna go with the EU/t

• Interesting, that's sort of the opposite idea, heat coolant cells, removing their heat ONLY in other places, versus my madness about giving fans a greater burden than they can endure but constantly send them to cool off paradise.

Cool that this config allows separation of the adjacent rods for pulse strength, and the demands they make in terms of positioning in a reactor that's try to cool things.

Still, when it comes to raw venting power, the business of full grids of overclocked vents would be substantial.

• The electric RTG only provides 16 according to its tooltip (though of course you can plug a sterling into the heat for 32).

The problem i see with cycling overclocked vents, is the vents won't let you have stable heat in the MOX reactor, stable heat is key to making MOX worthwhile. With Coolant cells, you can heat the reactor up, then dump *all* the heat into the coolant cell, no heat gain or loss in the reactor, ever.

• The electric RTG only provides 16 according to its tooltip (though of course you can plug a sterling into the heat for 32).

The problem i see with cycling overclocked vents, is the vents won't let you have stable heat in the MOX reactor, stable heat is key to making MOX worthwhile. With Coolant cells, you can heat the reactor up, then dump *all* the heat into the coolant cell, no heat gain or loss in the reactor, ever.

I think that tooltip is out of date. I just ran a couple of tests in creative mode (IC2 build 683) using a splitter cable and a simple arrow-based redstone pulse extender to connect an RTG to an MFSU for one minute.
    With the fuel pellets held in hoppers until the test started and an empty buffer in the RTG: 38392 EU (and buffer remained empty while testing)
    With the RTG pre-filled with pellets and buffer full before starting: 39040 EU (and buffer at 19968 EU while testing)
    If it was only outputting 16 EU/t, the MFSU should have had around 19200 EU at he end.

Also, FWIW, the heat-generator that uses RTG pellets is called the "Radioisotope Heat Generator" in both the US and UK english lang files, so it can probably be called the RHG instead of having to specify "electric RTG" and "heat RTG" .

• The problem i see with cycling overclocked vents, is the vents won't let you have stable heat in the MOX reactor.

The idea would be to have vents instantly slide in. Presumably they were stacked up in a hopper.

It may be feasible to rapidly replace the top left overclocked vent, how many you'd need to have in circulation, and how rapidly swapping is the question. Would this all be worth it? Unlikely.