[GT-6-Addon] GTExtras 0.3.3 - More stuff for Gregtech

• Just to verify, this IS comparible with GT6, right?

Also, any plans in the near future to add (assuming GT6 doesn't) naturally spawning oil, natural gas, and other natural fuel sources (ethanol), or gonna leave those to the more clunky and less balanced mods like BC and Forestry?

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• This mod is meant to add stuff i think GT6 is (or more likely will be) missing and balanced around it.

I acually allready started programming on my oil derricks. I'm just missing Multiblock base classes in GT6 to finish them.

Oil/Gas will not be actual in world blocks, but under bedrock. First you have to find chunks with oil. Place a Seismic Prospector, fill it with TNT, Boom, save the data on a datastick. Put the datastick in a scanner to process the data and then print out the data. The printed out data (In a book) tells you the ores and oil/gas amount in the chunk.

Once you find the Oil you want, place a oil derrick on top.
    After that will be a complex oil processing chain with also some products i plan to integrate into the GT techtree.

• That's a really good idea

• Sounds nice but there needs to be a lower-tech way to do it. After all, we were pumping oil and making fuel long before datasticks, computers, or seismographs!

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Sounds nice but there needs to be a lower-tech way to do it. After all, we were pumping oil and making fuel long before datasticks, computers, or seismographs!

Maybe a really cheap (just high volumes of metal) pump that is extremely large, and inefficient. By large, I mean 30 blocks tall.

• Maybe a really cheap (just high volumes of metal) pump that is extremely large, and inefficient. By large, I mean 30 blocks tall.

Dunno about 30 blocks (that's crazy-tall) but I gotta agree; a large cumbersome inefficient drilling method is definitely a good idea.

• Dunno about 30 blocks (that's crazy-tall) but I gotta agree; a large cumbersome inefficient drilling method is definitely a good idea.

Place one in each chunk, and power them by steam. You'll have a field of oil derricks!

• IRL low-tech pumps exist (there's one someplace that's been going for like, 100 years? It was designed by that Derrick guy who actually invented them) and they're VERY, VERY efficient. But they are also uselessly slow by today's standards, only bringing up a few gallons of oil a day at their low points. However they will get damn near every drop given enough time, which is better than can be said about a lot of modern methods (such as fracking) that are more wasteful and initially costly, but very rapid and cost-effective.

I propose a modular system:
    A 'low tech' method that works like an artesian well. You just work a manual hand-pump, and it is slow and painful and obnoxious. Like, you pump it five times and get 1mb. Small (1x1x2) and simple.
    A weighted clockwork style Derrick, which is automatic, but even slightly slower than above. 1x2x2)
    An automatic one that is mid-tech, requiring steam, produces at 3-5 times faster.
    An automatic one that is high-tech, requiring electricity, produces 6-10 times faster.
    And the above upgraded with water, uses 100mb at a time to increase speed by one tick up to a 300% increase in speed (at around 1500:30 water:oil ratio). Also contaminates the oil with water making it require an extra step to process.

Quoted from "zorn":

• Sounds reasonable, as long as it can get me to the 1950's.

Quoted from "zorn":

• First, I'm too lazy to read all 5 pages of this thread, so sorry if a similar idea has already been posted. But, anyway, idea for how the armor could be made to have breakage;
    The right-click GUI could have a slot, similar to the GT maintenance hatch, in which a soldering iron can be placed. When this slot is activated, it 'solders' all solderable components in place, making those slots unmodifiable until that component breaks. Components which are solderable would be anything which you want to eventually break, such as plates. The soldered slot would then store a durability value based on what's in it, and every time the armor takes durability damage it instead redirects that to all soldered components. This would allow you to have both removable 'unbreakable' components, such as tanks, batteries, and possibly circuits, (Personally, I'm torn on whether circuits should be a breakable component or not.) and breakable components such as armor plates.
    Or, a slightly different way to achieve the same basic result would be to have the solder activation instead apply durability to the armor frame itself based on the components it soldered. Then, when the frame hits 0 durability, it breaks all soldered components. The soldered armor with durability could also be considered a 'finalized' piece of armor, which does not allow any additional soldering until it either breaks or is disassembled somehow, so as to prevent odd behavior with soldering things onto the armor after soldering thing onto it.

EDIT: I unlazified myself and read the thread, and wanted to make a suggestion for the oil. What about allowing the raw data from the seismic prospector to be printed without analyzation by machine, and making the machine analyzing require MV, or just require a long time to analyze? This raw data would require some figuring out/mathing to self-analyze, and would have a random noise element added to it so you'd have to collect multiple samples to be sure. This would require more brainpower, but would be cheaper and can be done earlier then using a machine.

As for how the manual analyzing should actually work, I'm not sure, but it would be nice to have something like this. Also, since oil isn't really absolutely vital, and a machine-assisted method would exist, don't shy away from making it hard to figure out/math.

EDIT2: And another idea, how about making it so that every oil field has a 'depth' value to it, which is revealed by analyzation. (Either manual or machine-assisted) Oil pump GUIs would then have slots for pipes, and the number of pipes placed in the GUI determines the depth that pump pumps at. The closer the pump is to the field's 'ideal' depth, the faster oil is extracted and the higher the percentage of the field's total oil the pump is capable of extracting. Additionally, higher-tier pumps would allow for more pipes in the inventory, allowing them to reach the 'ideal' depth of a larger number of fields. (There could also be a bias in the generation so that lower-depth fields usually have more oil in them)
    Also, to make things more interesting, machine analyzed results could give depth numbers with less granularity then is actually there. For example, depth could be a number from 1-1024, but machine analyzed results would only have 32 possible results, shown to the player as number ranges. So if the depth of the field is, say, 218, it would display 192 - 224, meaning the depth is somewhere in that range. These ranges would go up and down in increments of 32.
    Manually-analyzed results could give greater granularity, given a sufficient number of results are analyzed.
    Or you could just throw down pipes and measure output, and see which one gives the most. As a downside to this method, and to encourage using the analyzation results, there could be a mechanic where placing pipes represents 'drilling' into the field (Or you could add a core shaft driller to do it in a less abstracted way) and every block down you go, you destroy a percentage of the field's oil. This wouldn't be more then 8-16% of the field's oil if you go all the way down to max depth, but if you want to maximize the amount of oil you get you'd want to drill as little as possible.

• BUG REPORT
    I made a full set of basic modular armor and put brass plates in them, the tool yip shows all 0s but the gui show the resistances
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/m6qw…5-05-05_21.45.35.png?dl=0

also axle added a vanadium plate and it show 0's as well in the tool tips but in the gui it shows 0 weight and all 100% fer resistances
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/axx0…5-05-05_21.45.22.png?dl=0

not sure if intended but there is no armor rate above heathbar either

• Request:

Carrot cake. Make carrots slightly more viable for food by way of extra processing!

Quoted from "zorn":

• Soldering plates into the armor? Nope, do not like.
    Brainskill to analyze the scan sounds nice but whould likely be more annoying than simply digging a hole. Maybe i find a good middle way for that.
    The depth idea sounds quite good. I will likely use at last some of it.

BUG REPORT
    I made a full set of basic modular armor and put brass plates in them, the tool yip shows all 0s but the gui show the resistances
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/m6qw…5-05-05_21.45.35.png?dl=0

also axle added a vanadium plate and it show 0's as well in the tool tips but in the gui it shows 0 weight and all 100% fer resistances
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/axx0…5-05-05_21.45.22.png?dl=0

not sure if intended but there is no armor rate above heathbar either

Not showing stats on the tooltip is sometimes just a visual bug and hopefully completely fixed the next update.
    The second one is likely some calculation bug. I will look at it soon.

Request:

Carrot cake. Make carrots slightly more viable for food by way of extra processing!

Wasn't i annoying to wait for cool GT5 machines and then greg makes food? On the other side: Give me textures, i will give you food. The actual coding should only take a few minutes.

• RETEP

MAKE TEXTURES

Quoted from "zorn":

• Carrot cake is delicious. It gives me laser vision.

Oh, you don't believe me because you don't have laser vision? Do you eat carrot cake? No? You hate it? Well then, there's your answer!

Quoted from "zorn":

• Wasn't i annoying to wait for cool GT5 machines and then greg makes food? On the other side: Give me textures, i will give you food. The actual coding should only take a few minutes.

Very.

It was also annoying to find out that the last several posts on my favorite thread are all connected to food :p

Blood do you know how to make GT covers yet? Is it tricky?

I have a thought floating in my head about GT covers but since it runs against the grain of standard GT progression I might have to try implementing it myself.