[IC2 Exp][1.7.10] realistic explosives

• Realistic Explosives!

And thats what its all about. Naah, its more than just blowing things up.
    Its also about basic chemistry (which is needed to craft most explosives)
    and a bit of a simulator. Later on there may be long range weapons added.
    This mod is still work-in-progress, but there are (for now) 18 useable explosives!

You may ask, why this is an addon;
    RE does use some processing machines from IC2,
    and for example all metal dusts are used for crafting FLASH.
    But there will be more soon.

How explosives work:

There are 4 kinds of explosives.

• primary. These are mostly unstable and easy to ignite.
    • secondary. Most explosives need initial explosives to fuse.
    • misc. Some (weak) explosives dont need initials.
    • booster, strong but as sensitive as primary

This mod does disable vanilla TNT and ITNT,
    its simple to explain:
    As mentioned before, there are different types of explosives.
    And we dont want users be able to fuse secondary explosives
    with easy to craft TNT/ITNT, use primaries instead...

Craft gunpowder in Survival mode:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G18aC0RxL0&amp
    or automated FLASH factory using BC:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ktLyCduJmc

I suggest using the latest minecraft forge and ic2 exp build! Also "craftguide" is very helpful for this mod!
    Current (in Survialmode) craftable Items/Blocks:

Overview of current working explosives

There are also new building blocks (for blast protection)

Download:
    http://minecraft.curseforge.co…ealistic-explosives/files
    You are free to use this mod in modpacks

About the author:
    We, Nitrosparki and me (konatatatata) did develop this mod.
    Nitrosparki is our texturer and i do programm.
    This is my first "advanced" mod, so please be kind if you find any bugs,
    just report them :)

I forgot to mention this mod is open source:
    https://github.com/konatatatata/xplosivesnet_minecraftmod

Changelog

initial release

many explosives added

HMTD/AN-AL craftable in survival mode

fixed mod crash on minecraft servers

many textures added

This mod became an IC2 exp addon, using macerator recipes and IC2 items

finally a working synthesis management using the reaction vessel, no more crafting (for most stuff)

some fixes

added missing ammoniumNitrate synthesis, RDX added

more syn. recipes
      Synthesis helper using "/syn <item>"
      Bug:
      reactionVessel not working on servers, working on that...

reactionVessel now working on servers! First non-beta release!

dublicating bug fixed

custom droprates on explosives, you may try out :P
      Hint: ANFO/AMMONAL drop most
      something like a craftbook, item which helps you using the synthesis vessel
      did add /syn <item> instead
      {current realease!}

ore dictionary support added for dusts/ingots

• 1.5.x.x
      any wishes?

any requests/wishes?

• I see you like realism in games too. I like your idea. Will you add a chemical reactor in a future?

yeah :)
    There is a chemical reactor, called reaction vessel.
    But its not used atm, i'm working on a synthesis manager
    its kinda complicated handling the thrown in items. so currently
    items are crafted in a crafting grid. but you have my word, i'm working
    on that feature 8)

• This is how i solve a problem of complex synthesis (attachments). This is a recipe manager, which allow both fluid and item outputs at once, and also allow using ore dictionary replacements. Also here is a fluid tank, which could contain limitless variables of different fluids at once and TE as example of using this things. You can check how its work with mutton lard (use NEI to check recipe) by downloading IHL ([Addon for IC2V2][V0.528][MC1.7.2-1.7.10]IHL Tools & Machines). Also if you find something useful in IHL i will give you source code.

• Yay, a new IC2 addon! :D by a new author!

Going to check this out :P

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• Yay, a new IC2 addon! :D by a new author!

Going to check this out :P

This is how i solve a problem of complex synthesis (attachments). This is a recipe manager, which allow both fluid and item outputs at once, and also allow using ore dictionary replacements. Also here is a fluid tank, which could contain limitless variables of different fluids at once and TE as example of using this things. You can check how its work with mutton lard (use NEI to check recipe) by downloading IHL ([Addon for IC2V2][V0.528][MC1.7.2-1.7.10]IHL Tools & Machines). Also if you find something useful in IHL i will give you source code.

This example did help me out, even if i did not use it :')
    Wrote something working which i understand how it does work
    https://github.com/konatatatat…et/xSynthesisHandler.java
    I dont like multi-dim arrays...

next update with feature many few recipes for reaction vessel (which can be viewed in the above link)
    coming out tomorrow (in about 12h from now) :thumbup:

• Official Post

How do the explosions of these new explosives compare to TNT, iTNT and Nukes looking at size and percentage of items destroyed?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Seems kind of odd this adds a second Uranium Ore :P

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• How do the explosions of these new explosives compare to TNT, iTNT and Nukes looking at size and percentage of items destroyed?

For now its just a scaled up (or down) TNT explosion event/worldObj.

Seems kind of odd this adds a second Uranium Ore :P

Back then when i did start developing this mod, i didnt knew this will turn into an IC2 addon... since the new uranium ore cant be converted into ic2 uranium,
    this is still somehow balanced.

New version (1.5) will create a file in your minecraft directory called "synthesis.txt", which contains all loaded synthesis recipes.
    To use new synthesis system, craft a reaction vessel, place it down and rightclick any item you want to throw in. you can use empty
    bottles to pull them out. If there are all items for a synthesis shown below, the synthesis will start.

• Why not?

Also, why items, not itemstacks? There a lot of different substances in IC2 and GT6 which are differ only with item damage, but have same item registry entry. You migth want to use OreDictionary to check if substances are same and use them in reactor directly (sulfur for example). OreDictionary use itemstacks.

Code
    input[2] = IC2Items.getItem(metal).getItem();

This code will work incorrectly, because "bronzeDust" and "copperDust" is a same item. You can use "ore dictionary item scanner" device from my mod to check item registry and ore dictionary entries for any items. Also you can take a code of it and implement in your mod.

• i dont know, why i didnt use these dynamic arrays, maybe because i did never learn java properly :thumbup:
    later i'll use itemstacks with metadata, but for now i dont think its necessary...
    and i will remove that part, you quoted seconded. forgot these ic2 items arent bottled.
    did just wonder why syn. log did print out "temDust" instead of the dust item name :huh:

• You make a very nice mod and i like it to bring more realistic in explosive Things.
    I have one Question: you planning some Gt support because you adding Ores Greg add already.
    Maybe you can using some machines from Greg too for you chemical reaction Processes.

i did add ore dictionary support in latest version.
    problem is, many people dont like it the hard way (gt).
    So i'll add maybe something like gt processing, if gt is installed.