[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• He is retexturing them for his resourcepack. He has found a problem since all turbines share the same image file, instead of 4 separate ones.

A lambent yellow plasma generator sounds pretty neat.

Also I'm trying to set up a GT5U dev environment in eclipse and line 16 of GT_RecipeAdder.java is:
    import crazypants.enderio.material.Material;

Do I need enderio installed in this dev environment?

• Pyrolusite, what are you referring to when talking about "files" for the turbines?

Pretty much what SpwnX said. ATM it's not easy to determine what tier of turbine (the item) you're assembling at first glance, that's why I suggested one file for each turbine instead of one file for all of them.

----------------

Another minor suggestion, could you make it so that Fusion Control Computers have different textures as well for each tier ?

Because the current overlay works fine for Plasma Generators, but for the computers... well...

Also, it seems some of your new machines don't support animated faces using mcmeta files. Tried to make it so that the magic converter's face got animated when working, and it gave me a missing texture error.

• I understand that you want different textures for the fusion computers, but what is the connection with them being transparent on the sceenshot?

Currently, Fusion Control Computers use OVERLAY_SCREEN as an overlay and MACHINE_CASING_FUSION_GLASS as background.
    However, MACHINE_CASING_FUSION_GLASS is used as an overlay for Plasma Generators, and the usual tiered machine casings as background.

Which means, if you change MACHINE_CASING_FUSION_GLASS to let the tiered machine casing appear for Fusion Generators (so that their tier is easier to see in-world), Fusion Control Computers become transparent.

You could either :
    - Add a different file for the Fusion Control Computers that will be used for their background, each tier having a different file.
    or
    - Add a different file for the Fusion Control Computers that will be used for their overlay (screen + fusion glass), and using regular tiered casings for their background.

• Oh, thx for clarifying guys.

Pyro, I actually put in a note in my cellphone several months ago to check out your texturepacks and never got around to it anyway :\ :\

• Galacticraft Desh & GregTecH Desh issue

GT Desh is overwriting GC Desh, so I cannot compress the ingots in the GC compressor. GT plates do not work in the recipe for the rocket components. Is there a fix/workaround for this? Thanks

• Also, the large Turbines require you to still use soft hammer to restart them after they have been turned on. This is a problem for automation because if you want to stop the flow of steam or plasma, or whatever, to turn them off, you have to hit them again with a hammer once you start the flow of fuel again. This should not be, IMO.

Once they are built, it should be the flow of fuel to them that determines if they are on or off. You should never have to hit them with a hammer to start after the first initial startup. This is something Greg put in as a way to make the player maintenance and NOT be able to automate the machine. I get it - this can be fun for single player hard core players - but I would like to see more options given to server owners and creative builders too, so that they can be automated...

I'll be submitting a pull request for this in a couple days.

I've been testing with the turbines non-stop for days, and I found that, since the turbines depend on a specific flow rate, having to activate them manually after you provide them flow is annoyingly wasteful: You're going to lose a lot of "fuel" in the time it takes you to run from your supplier (say, an LHE or a fusion plant) to your turbine. Even with a fluid regulator, if its spending in 600 mb/t to the turbine, you're going to experience a lot of waste just in the time it takes you to run around to the front of the machine and whack it.

I've tweaked it so that the turbines merely "slow down" when they stop receiving steam etc. and it works a lot more sensibly. Its actually kinda neat watching them try to start up: they don't just start spinning solidly, they kinda stop/start for a bit until they get enough steam to run smoothly :)

• Official Post

Galacticraft Desh & GregTecH Desh issue

GT Desh is overwriting GC Desh, so I cannot compress the ingots in the GC compressor. GT plates do not work in the recipe for the rocket components. Is there a fix/workaround for this? Thanks

Check your unification config and look on GC section, set true to GC desh plates.

• Galacticraft Desh & GregTecH Desh issue

Fixed by changing the GalacticraftMars unification entries from False to True. Quite counterintuitive, since False tells me it is NOT unified. Oh well, perhaps one day there will be some documentation in the config files to help understand how to use them.

• Fixed by changing the GalacticraftMars unification entries from False to True. Quite counterintuitive, since False tells me it is NOT unified. Oh well, perhaps one day there will be some documentation in the config files to help understand how to use them.

False tells you it it is not unificated ( <- Greg's word, we know that's not how grammar works but he insists) to that mod's version. However, if no entry is set to True, it assumes GregTech True.

• So I'm unable to recreate the "EBF doesn't accept oxygen" issue when only GT and ic2 is installed. Somewhere along the way another mod is interfering with it. This only started happening after I updated a few mods and the forge version. Strangely though if I revert mods one at a time I can't get the problem to go away. Same with going back to forge 1448 from 1492. Anyone else running into this? This is the mod list:

• My first guess..and its a crappy one...is you've got some other kind of oxygen in your game.

I've seen GT do weird things where it hijacks liquids, such as from Minechem. It *looks* like a legitimate GT fluid (sorta) in NEI, but its just dynamic shenanigans going on and its not compatible with "real" oxygen.

• There is nothing like oredict for fluids. If 2 mods use the same internal name for a fluid, the first one to register will get it's own, the other will instead get the fluid of the first mod. But internal name and localized name are different, so it is possible that both are shown with the same name. For example Oxygen with GT and Galacticraft.

GT registers the fluid "oxygen" and shows it as "Oxygen".
    GC registers the fluid "gc.oxygen" and shows it also as "Oxygen".

So if you spawn in fluid containers filled with oxygen with NEI, you do not know if you get "oxygen" or "gc.oxygen".

• There is nothing like oredict for fluids. If 2 mods use the same internal name for a fluid, the first one to register will get it's own, the other will instead get the fluid of the first mod. But internal name and localized name are different, so it is possible that both are shown with the same name. For example Oxygen with GT and Galacticraft.

GT registers the fluid "oxygen" and shows it as "Oxygen".
    GC registers the fluid "gc.oxygen" and shows it also as "Oxygen".

So if you spawn in fluid containers filled with oxygen with NEI, you do not know if you get "oxygen" or "gc.oxygen".

This is exactly the issue! Thanks a bunch. It's happening on GC versions 350, 351 (latest) and 333 (reccomended).

It looks like there are oxygen related branches in their git. I'll try a few builds and let you know.

• Well... i charged my Soldering iron, and now tooltip displays "Needs soldering materials in inventory". I googled it and tryied some things but yet i can't figure out wich soldering materials i need...