[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• ahhhhhh....

what! what what what?!
    a new game mechanic? whats this charcoal pit business ive never heard of before...?

color me intrigued.

oh, and i lol'd at you comment about configs.

GRAAAAAAG!!! why you do dis?

• Sadly even these small discriptions sometimes took more time than coding the actual multiblock...

Writing wikipages was how i started out helping GT.

I can imagine that. Its hard to explain something that complex in just some words! Maybe the Wiki needs some update :D

• Greg is working on GT6.Bloody is who is developing GT5U now.
    So, default now is to blame "BLUUUUUUUD!";

• k, BLUUUUUUDD!

but seriously, whats with the double negative config naming convention...?

not to mention, im going to have to do some wiki write ups for new/undocumented stuff if i want to release my pack lol

• I think the "teach a man to fish" adage applies to GT multiblocks. The rules of a specific multiblock are in the tooltip (mouse over the machine in your inventory). Except for large turbines and fusion reactors the builder has a lot of freedom to place buses and hatches. Just following a set of instructions is very limiting. One good walkthrough or tutorial should be enough. In terms of construction at least. Actually using them is a bit more complicated...

Also the fusion reactor is pretty free too in that people think the two input hatches need to have a specific relative orientation and they don't.

• I think the "teach a man to fish" applies to GT multiblocks. The rules of a specific multiblock are in the tooltip (mouse over the machine in your inventory). Except for large turbines and fusion reactors the builder has a lot of freedom to place buses and hatches. Just following a set of instructions is very limiting. One good walkthrough or tutorial should be enough. In terms of construction at least. Actually using them is a bit more complicated...

The Vacuum Freezer deceive me, though.
    The controller is on the middle-middle, instead the bottom-middle.

• I think the Fusionreactor is the best documented Multiblock in GT, and it has a Blueprint in his GUI.

Yesterday i tried to build the Oildrill and i can t get it to form the multiblock. I followed the instruction in the tooltips...does not function. Has someone build it yet? Also using the tooltip i don t come to 7 Block high structure....

• Speaking about documentation, Bloody, are you planning to return those nifty guide books for multiblocks? (and for some other things, like microwave oven)
    I think, it's way better to have multi-blocks guides in book form, not as tooltips. They also have to be craftable.
    Without mentioning mod-created books, (like TiCo, Thaumcraft, Botania etc) even vanilla books provides you more space to place all the information about mod. (and maybe also add some jokes) Further, books with pictures and animations would be fantastic. Don't get me wrong, but I think it can be an interesting experience in coding for you.
    Overall, such thing would be a valuable addition to GregTech.

• Update to GT 5.08.30

Many many bugfixes:

Made Advanced Circuit achievement oredict. (by doushio9967)
    Expanded Hatch names and descriptive tooltips. (by pyure)
    Fixed playing crafting sounds with forestry worktable. (by mezz)
    Added Large Boilers accepting distilled water. (by pyure)
    Added chinese achievement language file (by TehporP)
    Fixed Corium texture.
    Fixed Neutron Reflector and NaK Cell recipes not working.
    Improved FusionReactor recipe code.
    Fixed Fusion Overclocking.
    Fixed Fusion stopping on server restart.
    Improved TypeFilter now skipping empty types. If choosen prefix is 'ore', all types of ore are allowed now.
    Added new fusion recipe.
    Added ArcFurnace to Processing array.
    Changed hull assembling recipes to fix crafting recipes.
    Fixed some achievements.
    Fixed Packager not accepting items for 1x1,2x2 and 3x3 crafting.
    Fixed Magic Energy Absorber with DragonEgg exploding on bad chunkloading.
    Added dye extraction recipes for EBXL.
    Fixed Large Plasma Generator not running with high tier plasmas.
    Fixed Processing Array producing stacks with size 0.
    Added Endium processing(HEE).
    Fixed Solarpanels running allways at full power.
    Added AE2 P2P can be programmed by Gt Cables/Wires
    Added Gt Rounds as AE2 Matter Cannon ammo. Damage depends on Material weight.

Speaking about documentation, Bloody, are you planning to return those nifty guide books for multiblocks? (and for some other things, like microwave oven)
    I think, it's way better to have multi-blocks guides in book form, not as tooltips. They also have to be craftable.
    Without mentioning mod-created books, (like TiCo, Thaumcraft, Botania etc) even vanilla books provides you more space to place all the information about mod. (and maybe also add some jokes) Further, books with pictures and animations would be fantastic. Don't get me wrong, but I think it can be an interesting experience in coding for you.
    Overall, such thing would be a valuable addition to GregTech.

I really would like to make a good ingame guide for GT, but as i wrote before, that take really a lot of time. Alone the multiblocks will likely take ~1hour each to make a book about if it should have at last wiki quality. That would be easily 15 hours work only for them. Another 10hour prior to code the base of such a book. And it should not stop there. A full ingame wiki for GT would be something like 150-200hours of work. I would code the base for that, but to fill it with content would have to be community work.

• Bloody, just in time, thanx a lot :thumbup:

Ideal Industrial Assembly (IIA) - my pretty hard industrial modpack based on GT5.09

Идеальная Индустриальная Сборка (ИИС) - довольно сложный сугубо индустриальный модпак, базирующийся на GT5.09

http://sapientmail.wixsite.com/minecraft

• Seems like some bug with implosion compressor.

After inserting Iridium Alloy Ingot + 8 Industrial TNT i have unlimited source of Iridium reinforced plate and Tiny pile of dark ashes in Output bus. I can take stack of it and after few seconds it fills again.

Ideal Industrial Assembly (IIA) - my pretty hard industrial modpack based on GT5.09

Идеальная Индустриальная Сборка (ИИС) - довольно сложный сугубо индустриальный модпак, базирующийся на GT5.09

• 5.08.30, Yes, No

It stops after replacing output bus

Edited once, last by Sapient ().

• Yep, Single.

ME import bus connected to output bus of ImpComp. Will test w/o it. Same w/o it.

Edited once, last by Sapient ().

• I can make video or upload modpack + world somewhere.

• I really would like to make a good ingame guide for GT, but as i wrote before, that take really a lot of time. Alone the multiblocks will likely take ~1hour each to make a book about if it should have at last wiki quality. That would be easily 15 hours work only for them. Another 10hour prior to code the base of such a book. And it should not stop there. A full ingame wiki for GT would be something like 150-200hours of work. I would code the base for that, but to fill it with content would have to be community work.

Thanks for the answer.
    Community is the way to go when you are doing stuff for free.
    Interesting how you manage to tell approximate time to finish this.

Also, small request: can we have crop stats changer as admin tool?
    Edit: nevermind about request. SpwnX know how to do it.

• Additional test results.

I can't replicate that in another creative world with another ImpComt too.
    Buggy one was build long ago, even before 1-st release of GT5U.

I replaced its command block. Rebuilt complete structure in same place, in another place. Same effect.
    Will try to craft new command block.