[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• What determines how often i need to do maintainance on e.g. a EBF? Is it processed items, used energy, or simply time? Im interessted in overclocking EBFs for my aluminium/lithium fusion...

• Blood, can you encrease output of carpet from wool in cutting machine? At this time there is no different how to cut wool: workbench or machine.
    BTW, You sad that is more difficult to craft tin cable (and some other low level stuff) from wool, paper etc. But this difficulty is complex of ''stupid" actions: farm tons of sheeps, kill tons of kalmar etc. And these acts i must do all time, especialy when i can use HV mashines without problem at my base)))
    I want automate procces of crafting low tier stuff, may be use mooore energy and molten rubber for this?
    In real life it is very normal to product low voltage cables with rubber and polyvinilhloride (PVH) covers, it's very chip and fast.

PS wool cover make wire more warm, especialy at cold russian winters)

• Blood, can you encrease output of carpet from wool in cutting machine? At this time there is no different how to cut wool: workbench or machine.
    BTW, You sad that is more difficult to craft tin cable (and some other low level stuff) from wool, paper etc. But this difficulty is complex of ''stupid" actions: farm tons of sheeps, kill tons of kalmar etc. And these acts i must do all time, especialy when i can use HV mashines without problem at my base)))
    I want automate procces of crafting low tier stuff, may be use mooore energy and molten rubber for this?
    In real life it is very normal to product low voltage cables with rubber and polyvinilhloride (PVH) covers, it's very chip and fast.

PS wool cover make wire more warm, especialy at cold russian winters)

I was thinking the same thing. Blood should change that.

• I guess a cutting recipe for carpets is a good idea to rise the output(1 wool -> 2 carpet). And finally a assembly recipe for maybe 6 string and some dye (less than crafting) into 2 carpet? Also a soon to come recipe: synthetic fibers from oil/plastic, so it would be possible to insulate cables that way.

To insulate cables in 2 different ways would break the recycling code and changing all that is a bit annoying.

• Official Post

Just allow the synthetic fiber be considered equal to the natural one and leave the recycling as is. Its not like it will make that much difference if they are exchangeable.

Who needs wool when you have synthetic "wool" hm?

• About dye processing u're right. Outputs of dyes must be chanched for machine, beacose that will stimulate machine's automation and using of liquids at all.
    May be add new material (ex polypropilen/plastic) for pipes as alternative wooden pipe: low temperature limit, but can handle gases without lossing?

Polyvinyl Chloride or Cross-Linked Polyethylene (PEX)

Want.

• Mmm, delicious uncomfortable itchy wierd-feeling waxy synthetic fibers.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Would you consider adding a chunkloading option for pumps similar to the ender quarry? For oil it's simple to just load a single chunk but for pumps you need to load in dozens.

• A greggy chunkloader.... hmm.... uses EU and liquid enderpearl? XD

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• I was thinking along the lines of a one time cost. The ender quarry loads the one chunk it is working on. The only reason to add this is to reduce server load from having to load in all possible chunks the pump will hit instead of just the one it is currently working on.

• I have currently no idea how to code a chunkloader, but it is on my to do list. I'm also not sure what happens when only the machine is loaded and then mines blocks in unloaded chunks. I guess they will load, mine the block and unload again for every block. Thats natually not a efficient way, but as the miner is jumping from chunk to chunk, loading like the enderquarry is also not possible.

My general idea about chunkloading is also a bit special. I think about cubic or exponential growth of running costs per loaded chunk. So that it be comes possible to chunk cheaply load at LV age but quite limited number of chunks. Over time it is then possible to slowly rise the number of loaded chunks as the base is growing but at a certain point it becomes so expensive that more efficient use of chunks is better. Another function is certainly needs is turning off after the owner does not log in for a certain time.

• If you add chunkloading will you add config knobs for things like that timeout timer?

Also I personally see making more chunks being loaded as more expensive as bad. A late game base will have just as many machines whether it's in 50 chunks or 5. The only difference is how painful it will be to try to work in 5 chunks. Total computation isn't too different though. The place where I see server resource usage go down is when you load 50 chunks for automated resource gathering when only one needs to be loaded. There's no reason to have 200 sheep and 50 pig men taking tick times.

• I've always tried to stick to a 3x3 (9 chunk) base area, since that's what the Railcraft chunkloader loads. It uses enderpearls. I set it to last for 12 hours for offline chunkloads, and 24 for online-only chunkloads.

Quoted from "zorn":

• I think is bug: Argentia and God of thunder (and possible other crops) grow on last stage with Bauxite ore below.

gregtech_1.7.10-5.09.07
    industrialcraft-2-2.2.780-experimental