[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• Thanks for the tips/info. Still pretty salty about the craft time for steel, but at least it will run all day while I'm at work using blocks instead of ingots. The shared walls are a huge boon too.

• Be sure to report bugs on Github!

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Be sure to report bugs on Github!

I've been doing this a lot lately but I'm starting to post bugs in the thread more so I can get independent verification that it is actually a bug and not me being dumb before making an issue on the tracker.

Also if I did my math right it would take 14,000 ender lilies to keep a Be+D reactor fed.
    168 minutes to grow a single ender pearl
    one Be ingot is needed every 7.2 seconds (16 mB per 16 tick cycle means 144 mB in 7.2 seconds)
    ender pearl to Be is 10:1
    168 * 10 * 60 (seconds per minute) / 7.2 = 14,000

One way or another you need 10 ender pearls every 7.2 seconds.

• If you have Thaumcraft installed Aluminium+Lithium is very easy. You can get both from clay, which you can duplicate using only water and cobblestone. The only "hard" thing is that you need 8 EBFs to melt the aluminium, but that shouldnt be an issue when you can build a MK2 reactor.

My current plans for our base use a dual MK3 setup, fueled by LI/Al. I will use 16 HV EBFs, the setup will produce over 512k eu/t. Most of that will be used to power a large UU-M plant, consisting of 25 HV Amplifabricators, 25 IV Massfabricators and 16 IV Replicators. Sadly those need so damn much Osmium that im building the same setup 2 voltage steps down just to produce it...

• Beryllium is very easy to find in an emerald/beryllium vein in large quantities too. Alternatively an ender-farm is an option to enhance your enderpearl supply in addition to ender-lillies. lastly, beryllium is a pretty cheap material to replicate with UUM, so a solar or RTG powered replicator array may be an option.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• to keep a Be+D reactor fed

Why do you want to make it working constantly?
    How much eU can you produce from 2000 of Be Ingots?
    Isn't that enough for everything?

Ideal Industrial Assembly (IIA) - my pretty hard industrial modpack based on GT5.09

Идеальная Индустриальная Сборка (ИИС) - довольно сложный сугубо индустриальный модпак, базирующийся на GT5.09

http://sapientmail.wixsite.com/minecraft

• Why do you want to make it working constantly?
    How much eU can you produce from 2000 of Be Ingots?
    Isn't that enough for everything?

Never! I need to breed more fancy ingots to power more mass fabs to make more reactors and make my base out of neutronium blocks.

• Finally after lots of tests and some fails i have my results about best turbine setup for D+T fusion reaction.

Its Large Plasma Turbine with Large TSteel Rotor with fluid regulator set to 8L/t flow and with ZPM Dynamo Hatch.
    Total output is 44.2 k eU/t.

Ideal Industrial Assembly (IIA) - my pretty hard industrial modpack based on GT5.09

Идеальная Индустриальная Сборка (ИИС) - довольно сложный сугубо индустриальный модпак, базирующийся на GT5.09

http://sapientmail.wixsite.com/minecraft

• Finally after lots of tests and some fails i have my results about best turbine setup for D+T fusion reaction.

Its Large Plasma Turbine with Large TSteel Rotor with fluid regulator set to 8L/t flow and with ZPM Dynamo Hatch.
    Total output is 44.2 k eU/t.

It's easier to store plasma than EU though. I'm going with a normal Tstell rotor with 98 mB/s until I have other reactors to use for breeding and the mk 1 is just an EU workhorse.

Also I'm running it at 85 mB/s for normal afk operations. That's 100% efficiency on the normal rotor. I could go under 100% and still power the base without much issue. Just trying different stuff out to get more mileage out of the rotors (and build up a plasma surplus).

Also I balanced ZPM cheatiness by making the LuV xfrmer need a europium plate. This means if you want to use ZPM energy hatch you need to first do a short run for europium. You don't have an energy hatch capable of sustaining the reaction (technically there is a small window if you play with flow rates but it's dangerous) so it uses a lot of EU and only gives a few ingots. From there longer runs can be done with a large tsteel rotor. Idk seemed like a fun way to keep the ZPM from making the game boring.

• Please, comment here https://github.com/ForestryMC/ForestryMC/issues/902 , if you know some about this issue.
    Thanks.

Isn't that more something to ask the Cauldron devs?

Anyone can explain how work Microwave energy transmitter? What should perform the role of the receiver?

Every GT energy accepting Block can be directly filled. The transmitter has only a quite big loss. 10-50% depending on the distance.

• Hey there,

Iam playing on Gregtech5U 5.08.30 on the Beyond Reality Pack.
    Since the IC2Biomass can be distilled in the Distillation Tower I have been playing arround with Biogas and the Large Gas turbine.

As a Baseline I used te LV Gas Turbine because it has the highest efficiency of all the "small" Gas Turbines with 90%. I get 25600EU @32EU/t out of every SINGLE Bucket of Biogas and it takes me 40 seconds to process. Which means I get 409.600EU @ 32EU/t @ 16 Amps for every 16 Buckets of Biogas.

Then I build a Large Gas Turbine with an HV Dynamo Hatch and an EV Fluid Input Hatch.
    when Iam using a normal Tungstenstell rotor I get 98.304 EU per 16 Buckets of Biogas I use. The Processing of these 16B takes 27seconds. When I divide the 98.304EU by (27*20) i get 182EU/t.
    This confuses me, because the Tungstensteel rotor has an optimal Gas flowrate of 500EU/t. Iam pumping the Biogas into an EV Input Hatch and the Turbine isnt using it nearly as fast as I supply it. I expected that i would get atleast 500 EU/t out of this setup. Another Problem is that the LV Gas Turbine crushes the Large Gas Turbine in terms of efficiency and output. Even after I account for the losses of transforming it up to HV.

Last but not least the semifluid Generator of Vanilla IC2. If i put 1B of Biopgas into this thing it get a whopping 31.984EU @ 32EU/t out of it. This beats even the small LV Gas turbine.

It seems to me that the Large Gas Turbine is not worth its cost especially if I consider the semifluid Generator AND that the Rotor degrades over time and Iam effectively "burning" tungstensteel. My Question to you guys is: am I doing something wrong or did I misunderstand something ?
    If not, is there some way to tweak the large Gas Turbine to atleast compete with its smaller brother?

• Every GT energy accepting Block can be directly filled. The transmitter has only a quite big loss. 10-50% depending on the distance.

Every GT block 8o 8o 8o ?! Depends the loss on the voltage of the transmitter and is there a max. distance?

• My Question to you guys is: am I doing something wrong or did I misunderstand something ?

The Large turbine has a long spin up time. Let it run at last one minute before you start measuring the produced energy.

Every GT block 8o 8o 8o ?! Depends the loss on the voltage of the transmitter and is there a max. distance?

Currently no max distance, max loss is reached at 10000Block distance or interdimensional. The usual loss every GT block has also gets added to it, but at HV+ that should not be that bad anymore. Also there is passive energy use when active, transmitting energy or not.

• Thank you for your quick answer ;)

I cant believe I didnt think of the spin up time...

I tested it again, this time with letting it spin up for 5 minutes.
    I got 614.440 EU @ 512EU/t @ 1 Amp out of a 1 minute Run (i came to the same value after letting it spin up for only 1 minute).
    The Biogas consumtpion rate was 40 Buckets in 57seconds (measured until the animation on the front of the turbine came to a stop) .
    That means I used 40 Buckets of biogas for 614.440 EU.
    That means I got 245.760EU out of 16 buckets. That is a big improvement over my previos value, but is still only 60% of the Energy I would get out of the small LV Gas turbine.

Again I got a few qurestions:
    Has the large Gas turbine internal liquid storage seperat from the input hatch? iam asking this because it kept spinning for a few seconds after the hatch was empty and i included this time into my calculation.
    would you mind explainign to me what exactly is meant by the 115% efficency the Rotor talks about?
    And did I do it correctly this time ? :D

I would like to thank you all for making this thread, it has helped me immensly!

• You need to slap a fluid regulator right on the input hatch. If you have the fluid regulator further up the line and use GT pipes to feed into the turbine then pumps need to be on every pipe segment.