[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• Well, time for a new update.

GT 5.09.11

Fixed missing Gas texture.
    Added config for ore block harvest levels.
    Added coolant recipes.
    Made caesium burnable.
    GT Wrenches now work as Buildcraft wrenches. (Tell me if there is some incompatiblity, Only works when BC is installed in the pack, not only the API.
    Updated to Forestry 4.1
    Nerferd processing of the new GT Bee combs.
    Added config to disable crops.
    Added new crop drops. (Would be nice when some would make proper textures for them.)
    Added recipes for crop drops that are similliar to Bee comp processing.
    Fixed seismic prospector failing when no ores are found.
    Fixed OpenGL error in ItemFiler.
    Fixed Dependency on NEI.

• crash

• Updating to forestry 4.1 to see if it fixes the corruption issue. (I'm still somehow convinced it's a bad beehive.)
    Also updating GT to fix the seismic prospector.

BTW, does it retro-gen? 'Cuz our world is many months old and i'm unsure if we'll need to travel hundreds of chunks to get anything.

Edit: Aaaand now I can't use NEI or Forestry causes a crash... Great, now things are worse.
    Edit2: Fixed by removing NEI addons and NEI integration. Unfortunately new chunks are still generating corrupted.

Edit3: I noticed plant products are harder to use now, requiring an autoclave or UUM.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

Edited 3 times, last by axlegear ().

• How do the wire shock mechanics work? Do higher voltages do more damage? Do plates/foils prevent shock?

Also I'm slightly confused about the NEI entry for americium. It says it takes 4 seconds @ 49152 EU/t. That's 3.93 MEU but the total EU listed is 4.71 MEU. Which number is right?

• Bug: The mass fabricator appears to use more amperage than it should. I have one being fed 4A plus a fully charged battery and it still runs out of power.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Is there a reason recyclers, mass fabs, and replicators aren't supported by PAs? I calculated 201 LV mass fabs for Be production to keep up with the Be+D reaction... I can afford it but it's just cruel to the server.

Be+D fuel numbers if anyone's interested.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/gb6p…9vy/GT5U_D%2BBe.xlsx?dl=0

32 LV replicators, 201 LV mass fabs (roughly 470 osmium), some H and D PAs (similar to D+T but about a third less). Needs 10-20 kEU/t (depends on loss since discrete LV machines are needed) and produces upwards of 200 kEU/t if you're using a fancy turbine.

For example a large tsteel rotor aims for 30 kEU/t but 2 mB/t is less than that so 3 mB/t is optimal. The EU/t calculation is (3*14336) * 1.4. So one turbine is taking in 3 mB/t and putting out 60.2 kEU/t. The reactor is putting out about 11 mB/t of plasma so you could run just shy of 4 turbines steady state for 240 kEU/t (realistically you'd have to pulse the fourth turbine on and off with plasma and EU buffers for an effective ~220 kEU/t).
    You could also bump down to smaller blades but I think there's actually more EU per mB by doing long pulses (reduce spin up losses) with bigger blades/higher efficiencies.

• Anyone know if the Starwart requires netherstar blocks? I really hope not, otherwise I can't make any use of this thing.. We have had THE worst time getting wither skulls. Not a single one and two of us have been farming them, with an actual farm no less. Not that i'm complaining if that's the case for Starwart, just the luck of the draw.

Quoted from "zorn":

• How do the wire shock mechanics work? Do higher voltages do more damage? Do plates/foils prevent shock?

Also I'm slightly confused about the NEI entry for americium. It says it takes 4 seconds @ 49152 EU/t. That's 3.93 MEU but the total EU listed is 4.71 MEU. Which number is right?

The shock damage depends on the voltage, covers do not prevent. For that are the cable versions. Superconductor wire also counts as insulated.

The NEI entry only shows full seconds. The recipe works in ticks. So 4 sec can be 80-99 ticks.

• The shock damage depends on the voltage, covers do not prevent. For that are the cable versions. Superconductor wire also counts as insulated.
    The NEI entry only shows full seconds. The recipe works in ticks. So 4 sec can be 80-99 ticks.

Wait, is the seconds count truncated, not rounded? *facepalm*

• Also I'm slightly confused about the NEI entry for americium. It says it takes 4 seconds @ 49152 EU/t. That's 3.93 MEU but the total EU listed is 4.71 MEU. Which number is right?

4.71 MEU are right.
    Current time = 4.71 MEU / 49152 EU/t ≈ 96t = 4.8 sec.

Ideal Industrial Assembly (IIA) - my pretty hard industrial modpack based on GT5.09

Идеальная Индустриальная Сборка (ИИС) - довольно сложный сугубо индустриальный модпак, базирующийся на GT5.09

http://sapientmail.wixsite.com/minecraft

• Be+D fuel numbers if anyone's interested.

I have a little different numbers.

216 Recyclers, 12 Amplifabricators, 50 Mass Fabricator, 32 Replicators (or 8 T3), 1 Fluid Extractor, 71 Electrolizer, 94 Centrifuge. Nit Plasma production = 10.94 L/t.
    Total consumption 23-27k eU/t

Now turbine calculation
    Fuel value of plasma = 179 200/10.94 = 16 380 eU/L
    Optimal flow = 30 000 / 16 380 = 1.83 (= 2) L/t
    Energy production = Optimal flow (2 L/t) * Fuel Value (16 380 eU/L) * Rotor efficiency(140%) = 45 875 eU/t

While plasma production is 10.94 L/t and one turbine consume only 2 L/t so 5 turbines could be used and total output = 45.8 * 5 - 27 ≈ 200k eU/t

I very hope Recyclers could work within ProcArrays, isn't it Bloody?

Ideal Industrial Assembly (IIA) - my pretty hard industrial modpack based on GT5.09

Идеальная Индустриальная Сборка (ИИС) - довольно сложный сугубо индустриальный модпак, базирующийся на GT5.09

http://sapientmail.wixsite.com/minecraft