[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• Hi,
    I'm just trying out v5.09.21.
    I'm a bit confused about the Electric Blast Furnace at the moment. The first thing that seems weird to me is that both the Input and Output Hatches look now like liquid input/output stuff and do not have more slots for input or output anymore.
    Have I missed there something?
    Also I have seen that hot tungstensteel ingots are now made from tungstensteel dust and not from tungsten ingots and steel ingots anymore. But there is no recipe (at least for me) to mix tungsten dust and steel dust together to get tungstensteel dust. Should there be a recipe for that, maybe in the Mixer? Or should it work like before and i have just missed something in my EBF configuration?

To input and output solid items, use buses instead of hatches. Hot tungstensteel ingots can still be made from tungsten ingots and steel ingots, it's just that the recipe for doing that might not be the first one that comes up in NEI. You've got 4 pages of recipes for hot tungstensteel recipes, right?

• To input and output solid items, use buses instead of hatches. Hot tungstensteel ingots can still be made from tungsten ingots and steel ingots, it's just that the recipe for doing that might not be the first one that comes up in NEI. You've got 4 pages of recipes for hot tungstensteel recipes, right?

Thank you for the hint with the buses! That works well.

But unfortunately there must have been a recipe change for Tungstensteel Ingots somewhere. When I add both tungsten ingots and steel ingots into the import bus only the steel ingots are processed - into industrial steel ingots.
    And I'm getting only three recipe pages: one for small tungstensteel dust, one for tiny tungstensteel dust and one for normal tungstensteel dust. Therefore the question remains how to get the Tungstensteel Dust.

• Thank you for the hint with the buses! That works well.

But unfortunately there must have been a recipe change for Tungstensteel Ingots somewhere. When I add both tungsten ingots and steel ingots into the import bus only the steel ingots are processed - into industrial steel ingots.
    And I'm getting only three recipe pages: one for small tungstensteel dust, one for tiny tungstensteel dust and one for normal tungstensteel dust. Therefore the question remains how to get the Tungstensteel Dust.

Are you playing a modpack? As far as I can tell, there is no material called "industrial steel" using just GT 5.09.21 and IC2. Such a modpack might also have a special way of making tungstensteel dust, which would be unknown to those not using the modpack. There's also https://github.com/Blood-Asp/GT5-Unofficial/issues/480, which I am currently unable to replicate.

• Are you playing a modpack? As far as I can tell, there is no material called "industrial steel" using just GT 5.09.21 and IC2. Such a modpack might also have a special way of making tungstensteel dust, which would be unknown to those not using the modpack. There's also https://github.com/Blood-Asp/GT5-Unofficial/issues/480, which I am currently unable to replicate.

I'm playing with a lot of mods that I have arranged myself. And yes, you're right, one of them - WaterPower - added that Industrial Steel stuff and its recipes. That might have caused my issue with Tungstensteel now.
    Is there a simple way for me to add a recipe to the mixer, that mixes one steel dust and one tungsten dust into two tungstensteel dust? Otherwise I'll do that with a recipe adding tool that adds recipes for the the standard crafting table.
    And I'll inform the mod author of WaterPower about that issue.

• I'm playing with a lot of mods that I have arranged myself. And yes, you're right, one of them - WaterPower - added that Industrial Steel stuff and its recipes. That might have caused my issue with Tungstensteel now.
    Is there a simple way for me to add a recipe to the mixer, that mixes one steel dust and one tungsten dust into two tungstensteel dust? Otherwise I'll do that with a recipe adding tool that adds recipes for the the standard crafting table.
    And I'll inform the mod author of WaterPower about that issue.

I hadn't heard of WaterPower before, but it's very strange that it would add industrial steel to the EBF but not consider tungstensteel.

Anyway, to add recipes to the mixer, you'll need GTTweaker.

• No, there are no efficiency issues when using normal water for large boilers. Maybe maintainance issues to be fixed?

It may be caused by messed up things at e.g. server restart. Ill try to nail it down, but thats hard since it allways behaves well when im watching...

• It seems that Enriched Narquadah causes some "potion" effects upon mining. Unfortunately those effects seem to be too many at once and the game crashes with a "java.util.ConcurrentModificationException" upon player ticking.
    Here is the crash log: http://pastebin.com/LaENBE5E
    Is there any way to either turn off those effects one by one within the config file so that I can mine that Enriched Narquadah without crashing the game or are there some special equipment parts or enchantments that negate the potion effects of the Enriched Narquadah?

• It seems that Enriched Narquadah causes some "potion" effects upon mining. Unfortunately those effects seem to be too many at once and the game crashes with a "java.util.ConcurrentModificationException" upon player ticking.
    Here is the crash log: http://pastebin.com/LaENBE5E
    Is there any way to either turn off those effects one by one within the config file so that I can mine that Enriched Narquadah without crashing the game or are there some special equipment parts or enchantments that negate the potion effects of the Enriched Narquadah?

It's been a while since I've dealt with enriched naquadah, and even then it was blocks I placed via creative mode so I could find out the mining level, but I think you can prevent the potion effects from starting by wearing a hazmat suit. Something along the lines of a Forestry Miner's Backpack, which tries to grab the ore blocks before they go into your regular inventory, and can transfer the contents directly to a chest without going through your normal inventory, might work as well, but I'm less certain about that.

• It's been a while since I've dealt with enriched naquadah, and even then it was blocks I placed via creative mode so I could find out the mining level, but I think you can prevent the potion effects from starting by wearing a hazmat suit. Something along the lines of a Forestry Miner's Backpack, which tries to grab the ore blocks before they go into your regular inventory, and can transfer the contents directly to a chest without going through your normal inventory, might work as well, but I'm less certain about that.

Thank you for the hints! I'll try them out and let you know how they work.
    But on the other hand those effects shouldn't cause game crashes at all...

• Hi,
    I need some advice with the EBF. I created two EBF with HV components and they are working fine so far.
    Now I created another two EBF with IV components. The configuration is exactly the same. But those two refuse to work.
    Muffler Hatch on top is free and points in the right direction. The complete maintenance is done. Heat Proof Casings are the same like for the EBF with HV components. I'm using Nichrome Coils.
    The EBF Controller shows no issue so far.
    What am I missing there?

EDIT: This really seems to be IV related. I replaced the IV components of the new EBF with HV components and the necessary power supply and now the new EBF are working. But why aren't they working with IV components?
    EDIT2: EV components work fine, too.
    EDIT3: It seems that IV components and all higher voltage components than IV do not work on EBF at least for me. Is there any pollution system behavior possible, maybe that the output of the Muffler Hatch has to be connected to some kind of pollution cleaning system?
    EDIT4: It looks like the limit is exactly at 2048 EU/t. As I understand it should be possible to add a second or third Energy Hatch to multi block machines like the EBF to allow them to accept more EU/t. I tried to add a second EV Energy Hatch to my new EBF but then they refused to work.
    But ist that limit supposed to be that way or seems something to be wrong on my side?
    I would really appreciate some hints there.

• I have no idea what could cause this. Have to try i myself to be sure, should not happen. Even LuV or ZPM voltage EBF should be possible.

I discovered today that in GT 5.09.21 an IC2 crop harvester requires HV components and a IV-level circuit. When was that changed, and why isn't it mentioned in the Changelog?

That change is in longer than me doing the changelogs... Back then IC2 itself had no recipe for the crop harvester if i remember right.

@BloodASP is there a way to add own materials to GT per Mod?

No, that functionallity was added for GT6 and is not possible to simply port for GT5. The maximum size of the materials enum is reached for GT5, so even i can no longer add new materials to it without removing old ones.

• Hi Blood Asp,

I have a question about ore generation with Gregtech 5u in combination with CustomOreGeneration (COG).
    When I look in the ore description I see that the ores have damage values but no NBT values. But COG points to NBT values for the ores in its configuration file for Gregtech 5 ore generation.
    Has there been a change over to damage values only and that configuration file needs to be corrected or is it ok that way?

• There was no change for GT ores.
    The OreBlock"items" have the type stored as damage value, but as block placed in world they would be limited to 16 meta values, so they became TileEntitys that store the values as NBT.

Thank you! Then the ore distribution using COG should be just fine.

• I have no idea what could cause this. Have to try i myself to be sure, should not happen. Even LuV or ZPM voltage EBF should be possible.

And the Muffler Hatch still only needs to have one free air block above itself, right?

I'll try out a few things that could possibly affect this issue.

• Hello Blood Asp, can You add "Huge HP Fluid Pipe" with 384000 L/sec, because Large Heat Exchanger with 8000 L/sec Hot Coolant give 320000 L/sec Superheated Steam?

• Hello Blood Asp, can You add "Huge HP Fluid Pipe" with 384000 L/sec, because Large Heat Exchanger with 8000 L/sec Hot Coolant give 320000 L/sec Superheated Steam?

Two difficulties I anticipate with that suggestion:
    1. The large high-pressure fluid pipe is made from a huge tungstensteel fluid pipe and two Insane Voltage Pump covers, implying it acts like the pumps are pre-installed at each end, but it might not make sense to add a recipe with more than two pump covers.
    2. If I understood the recent discussion about output hatches correctly, they only output half their capacity per second, meaning that you'd need 8 max-tier output hatches to handle 320000 L/sec, at which point it seems ridiculous to insist on being able to run it all through a single pipeline.