[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• Updated to GT 5.09.22
    There are many changes and likely many bugs, so have fun.

Changelog:

Huge Changes:
    Added Assembly Line multiblock.
    Picture construction and use guide.

Added Components for LuV, ZPM, UV produces by the new Assembly Line.
    Added Machines for LuV, ZPM and UV. (Via Pull Request #551 by Muramasa)
    So now there are 8 Tiers of single block machines.
    The next updates will move some recipes up to the new machines or add new endgame stuff.

Added Large Diesel Engine multiblock. (Via Pull Request #500 by Muramasa)
    Proper Guide coming soon, for now infos can be found here: GitHub PR Large Diesel Gen

Large Turbines other than Steam now require higher tiered casings. (Via Pull Request #493 by Muramasa) (Fixes #434)
    You need to rebuild all your large turbines besides the Large Steam Turbine!

Addel Pollution basework. Boilers, Diesel/Gas Generators and Muffler Hatches now add Pollution.
    Pollution gets saved per chunk. Pollution spreads and slowly dissipates. Currently no effects. Coming soon.

Smaller Changes:
    Added Blast Furnace recipe for NaquadahAlloy and Osmiridium.
    Argon now has a fluid.
    Added NaquadahAlloy cables for ZPM and Duranium cables for UV.
    Re-factored machine recipe components for LuV to UV.
    Large Plasma turbines will now output the cooled versions of plasmas if an Output Hatch is available. (Via Pull Request #547 by perkinslr) (Fixes #162)
    Advanced Miner II can now silk touch then pulverize ores from other mods than GT. (Via Pull Request #542 by perkinslr)
    Added QuantumEye, QuantumStar and GraviStar to improve Field Generator recipes.
    Added Super Fuel and Magic Super Fuel.
    Notch apples can now be burned in a Magic Energy Converter.
    The Plunger will now empty the input tank of a machine if the output tank is empty. (Fixes #370)
    The Processing Array now supports 10 more machine types. (Fixes #524)
    Added support for the EnderIO wrench. (Fixes #527)
    Machines now support IC2 Single-Use batteries. (Fixes #483)
    GT Plasma Cells that have a Fusion recipe are shown in NEI. (Via Pull Request #518 by Muramasa) (Fixes #268)
    The Portable Scanner and NC Displays will now show the Optimal Flow for Large Turbines. (Via Pull Request #518 by Muramasa)
    Processing of some ores can now be enabled via the config. (Via Pull Request #515 by OneEyeMaker) (Fixes #512)
    Added Assembler recipes for various Machine Casings. (Via Pull Request #511 by MauveCloud) (Fixes #477)
    Soft Hammer renamed to Soft Mallet and it's texture is also flipped to differentiate from the Hammer (Via Pull Request #482 by draknyte1) (Fixes #407)
    GT now triggers IC2 achievements unreachable before.
    Added support for Speiger's Crop NEI Plugin. (Via Pull Request #497 by MauveCloud)

Rebalances/Fixes:
    Glass in machine recipes past IV now requires IC2 reinforced glass.
    Buffed the stats of Ultimet.
    Nerfed biogas from distillery.
    Changes voltage required to process Combs and crop drops.
    Deduced cost to produce Polycaprolactam(String from oil).
    Buffed the stats of Neutronium. (Fixes 489)
    Reduced damage of Turbine Rotors in Plasma Turbines and added a config value. (Fixes 505)
    Rebalanced sifting outputs.

Bugfixes:
    Pyrolyse oven can now be overclocked. (Fixes #548)
    Charcoal/Lignite blocks now have fuel values.
    Advanced Miner II now takes the ore byproduct output chance into consideration. (Via Pull Request #536 by Techlons)
    Corrected the burn value of Wooden Plates.
    Fixed Exploit with Advanced Miner II where infinite mining pipes came out.
    The Distillation tower will not start processing if there is a little oil left in second input hatch.
    Magic Energy Absorber can now produce power from Enchanted Books. (Fixes #487)
    Fixed Magic Energy Absorber not calculating it's efficiency properly. (Fixes #486)
    Unstable ingots are now blacklisted from Unification. (Fixes #529)
    Fixed Exploits with Advanced Miner II where an ore block could be mined twice. (Via Pull Request #533 by Techlone)
    The Processing Array can now handle multiple input stacks at a time. (Via Pull Request #526 by perkinslr)
    Brittle Charcoal can now be harvested in Adventure Mode. (Via Pull Request #511 by MauveCloud) (Fixes #436)
    Fixed Brittle Charcoal server client sync bug. Enforce correct tool and mining level. (Via Pull Request #511 by MauveCloud) (Fixes #503)
    Fixed various storage blocks not enforcing tool levels. (Via Pull Request #503 by MauveCloud)
    Fixed 3 misspelt TC Aspects causing them not to be recognized by GT machines. (Via Pull Request #518 by Muramasa) (Fixes #507)
    Achievement "Full Efficiency" now has to be unlocked before "As Dense As Possible" (Via Pull Request #518 by Muramasa) (Fixes #478)
    Added missing GUI buttons to GT High Pressure and Bronze machines. (Via Pull Request #518 by Muramasa) (Fixes #367)
    Turbine Rotor tooltip now shows the correct Optimal Gas Flow. (Via Pull Request #518 by Muramasa) (Fixes #501)
    Fixed crash when right clicking Fluid Filter with an item that isn't a fluid container. (Via Pull Request #518 by Muramasa) (Fixes #517)
    Redone all multiblock tooltips so that they now follow a similar structure and are a little easier to understand. (Via Pull Request #518 by Muramasa)
    Output buses will now try and split exported items to multiple buses if there is no one left to take full stack. (Via Pull Request #499 by MauveCloud) (Fixes #180)
    Sulfuric Naphtha is now spelt correctly. (Via Pull Request #473 by leagris) (Fixes #472 & #219)
    The EV Battery Charger recipe now uses the OreDictionary.
    Moved GT Bee init to earlier load phase.
    Fixed a depricated autogenerated recipe for Assemblymachine.
    Rised generator internal EU storage to counter production bug.

• Hey Blood, how do you obtain duranium? I don't see a recipe for it. Also, the tooltip for the LuV disassembler shows disassembling with 110% efficiency, and correspondingly until UV. Is that a bug? Finally, I see you've changed the turbine tooltip for optimal gas flow, but I still believe the optimal plasma flow is incorrect; it should be twice the value of the optimal steam flow.

Edit: I thing I've found a bug. I tried to produce a UV field generator in creative using the assembly line, and after it was done processing it left one of every respective item in the input hatches, unconsumed. However, the 8 fine osmium wires, when stacked together, seemingly collapsed into one, which alerted me to buggy behaviour.

• Wow, those assembling line recepies are hard.

Now that we have more End-Game stuff, how about a better version of the processing array? Having 32 or even 64 machines in it would help a lot with all the stuff required to get a decent neutronium production online.

Also what about better transformers, that accept 4 amps and output 16 amps?

• Hey Blood, how do you obtain duranium? I don't see a recipe for it. Also, the tooltip for the LuV disassembler shows disassembling with 110% efficiency, and correspondingly until UV. Is that a bug? Finally, I see you've changed the turbine tooltip for optimal gas flow, but I still believe the optimal plasma flow is incorrect; it should be twice the value of the optimal steam flow.

Edit: I thing I've found a bug. I tried to produce a UV field generator in creative using the assembly line, and after it was done processing it left one of every respective item in the input hatches, unconsumed. However, the 8 fine osmium wires, when stacked together, seemingly collapsed into one, which alerted me to buggy behaviour.

Duranium recipe is not yet added. I plan to give it an Galacticraft recipe if that is installed, but not yet sure about the default recipe. Also will come Tritanium.
    Both tool stats will be rised above HSS-S, but needed machine tier will be ZPM.

Did not think about the Disassembler so far. I will see what to do there.

The Assembly Line leaves behind ghost items. I was told about it already after pre3 was out, but forgot to fix. Should not be too difficult.

• Official Post

Duranium is an Alloy that has definitely NOTHING to do with Neutronium as it is a few Tiers lower than that. It is used in Star Wars as "somewhat Lightsaber proof Metal", aswell as in Star Trek for Starship Construction. I personally go for the Star Trek variant (due to Tritanium being an Alloy from it too). Its usage in Star Trek suggests that it is usually an Alloy of elemental Duranium and something else. But it is confusing to see multiple Sources say sifferent things about it.

• Blood, are going to make natural PFFA oils distillation compatible?

BTW minor bug report:
    If line B:timber_axe is marked as true and durability of your axe is positive but less then required to cut the whole tree you can still do it. In this case durability will become negative but axe will still exist in inventory. Axe will disappear if you will try to chop something else but that one block will be cut successfully. That works at least with flint one.

• Unsure if this is a bug or not, but I have a unique build of mods that I try and run (300+, I can provide a full list if needed), and while GregTech5u is great for the most part, I did encounter an issue while in the Nether recently.

gregtech.common.GT_Worldgen_GT_Ore_Layer:executeWorldgen spams the log, which is fine, but the issue is that it appears to be throttling everything else. No chunks load to compensate for the player moving, and blocks that you destroy do not drop anything. I ran a test where I just let this worldgen keep running, but after ~5 hours, it causes Minecraft to crash with a Java Out of Memory error (this is on a rig with 24 GB of RAM).

Obviously, this is pretty much a special case, but I was wondering if there is anything in particular that might be causing this.

• What other mods do you have that affect terrain generation in the nether? I've run into problems with CustomOreGen before, also, if you can give us the full stack trace where it is spamming the log we are more likely to be able to help.

• This is the full list of mods that I run: http://pastebin.com/umAn8HRz

I could do a console paste, but they're freakin' huge. However, it pretty much consists of something like

[21:53:06] [Server thread/INFO]: [gregtech.common.GT_Worldgen_GT_Ore_Layer:executeWorldgen:92]: Generated Orevein: ore.mix.magnetite

Repeated with different mixes. The console correctly reports when a GUI is opened, but doesn't allow Backpacks or other inventories to be opened.

The only other mods that runs at the same time (seemingly) is ChocolateQuest, which outputs a few things like this all at once

[21:52:55] [Server thread/INFO]: [com.chocolate.chocolateQuest.entity.mob.registry.MobZombiePig:setItemColor:77]: {display:{color:6684672}}

The worldgen freeze occurs about 40 seconds after the mods that need to register text to the in-game console.

• Chocolate Quest also can cause serious lag spike issues, but it sounds like it's trying to generate too large of a vein or something. The most effective thing might be to hit it with a java profiler and see what it's actually thinking. You could compile gregtech with a stack trace print in executeWorldgen:91.

• Okay, a couple of things. First you've got debug mode on. You might try turning it off, since it adversely impacts performance, and see what you get. (Gregtech.cfg/general/Debug[1,2])

I'm not certain that this is the source of the problem, as I don't see a way for it to loop infinitely. You should be able to get the stack trace for every thread via kill -3 <pid> (assuming *nix, otherwise you'll need to look up how to make java dump the stack).

Otherwise you could try disabling GT ore generation, I don't see a config for it but I thought there was one. Worst case you could recompile with ore generation disabled.

I see in the log that atomicstryker.battletowers also is doing terrain generation, so it might be a conflict with that. Like I said, I've mostly had this problem from Chocolate Quest. I'd try removing one of the terrain modifying mods at a time until the problem goes away.

• Blood, are going to make natural PFFA oils distillation compatible?

Aren't they already? Pretty sure that's what the Light/Heavy Oil recipes are for, and there's another recipe somewhere that turns PFAA Natural Gas into GT Methane

Unless you're talking about for the Distillation Tower?

• Updated to GT 5.09.22

Huge Changes:
    Added Assembly Line multiblock.
    Picture construction and use guide.

Your written description with the picture for the layout is wrong. It lists the block in between the reinforced glass as 'Assembly Line Casing', but from the picture and the source code it's wanting 'Tungstensteel Gear Box Casing', I don't see any reference to 'Assembly Line Casing' in the source.

For anyone having issues, the block id is gregtech:gt.blockcasings2:5

• Aren't they already? Pretty sure that's what the Light/Heavy Oil recipes are for, and there's another recipe somewhere that turns PFAA Natural Gas into GT Methane

Unless you're talking about for the Distillation Tower?

Oh, i haven't found any recipes with bucket and for oils in general with NEI and i thought there were none. It seems you can only see them through distillery. But there is one bug i found: If you try to fill bottle with oil you will get water bottle.