[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• Ahh ive done this again - misspelling the idea. Standard icons are very good, mostly - good integrated circuit, good electronic circuit and integrated logic circuit has the same icon for now (or just for me); generally im confused in needed basic materials to make any of them and best gains in my current refinery setup - which was builded to get PTFE needed in earlier processors boards. Now I need to build whole new setup only to unlock progress, what Ive wanted to avoid until ive manage to jump into 8kV and build that damn fusion reactor. Second thing - many items created with new electronic parts has recipes with switchable, equal circuits, but they imho are not equal when comes to make them; and wetware processor - as ive read - should be the highest tier, but often its showed as replacement part for other circuits. Third thing which ive noticed - its nearly impossible to craft raw crystal chip needed in some circuits: firstly it needs emerald ore, which is quite hard to find, then its very small chance to make exquisite emerald and next its only 10% chance to make that chip with conjunction with europium. Afterall, as i suppose, GT5U is very fine tuned with GalactiCraft - example is needed low gravity for making crystals. That requirement is also active without GC installed?

Oh my... hope somebody will understand...

• All circuits in one column (on my picture) has same OreDict tag and switchable in recipes.
    All circuits in one row has same tech level (same tier of Circuit Assembler) and same color. They are arranged according to the colors of the rainbow. Red is the first, purple is the seventh.

In all cases, the circuits of a higher technological level are better and cheaper (for resources) and they should be used in recipes as soon as they become available.

Only the 1-st crystal chip are hard to obtain. All the rest can be made from the first.

Also there are no low gravity requirement without GC.

Ideal Industrial Assembly (IIA) - my pretty hard industrial modpack based on GT5.09

Идеальная Индустриальная Сборка (ИИС) - довольно сложный сугубо индустриальный модпак, базирующийся на GT5.09

http://sapientmail.wixsite.com/minecraft

• Sweet! Now it becomes much more clear. Now I only need to discover how to rebuild whole circuit assembly lines and refinery - mostly basic parts used in production, hope they are renewable in my mods bundle. Lets see... Thanks a lot!

• All circuits in one column (on my picture) has same OreDict tag and switchable in recipes.
    All circuits in one row has same tech level (same tier of Circuit Assembler) and same color. They are arranged according to the colors of the rainbow. Red is the first, purple is the seventh.

In all cases, the circuits of a higher technological level are better and cheaper (for resources) and they should be used in recipes as soon as they become available.

Only the 1-st crystal chip are hard to obtain. All the rest can be made from the first.

Also there are no low gravity requirement without GC.

I've been playing 5.08 lately, but I have a couple of questions about this:

1. If the circuits in the same column are switchable in recipes, why are they separate items instead of alternate processing paths for the same items?

2. Why were some metadata values repurposed for the new circuit items? As a resource pack contributor, this bothers me because it broke my ability to maintain backward compatibility of the resource pack with older builds of GT5. Although TBH, I have to wonder why 5.09 still uses the metadata values for the texture filenames. Does MC 1.7.10 really not allow using names instead like Techlone did for the 1.10.2 build of GT5 in this pull request?

• 1.Because these are different circuits, which have roughly comparable processing power and any of them can be used for the same mechanism.

But at the same time, the circuits of one technological level of a higher tier are made from circuits of the same technological level, of the previous tier, so that this separation is more than logically justified.

2. Don't know.

Ideal Industrial Assembly (IIA) - my pretty hard industrial modpack based on GT5.09

Идеальная Индустриальная Сборка (ИИС) - довольно сложный сугубо индустриальный модпак, базирующийся на GT5.09

• But at the same time, the circuits of one technological level of a higher tier are made from circuits of the same technological level, of the previous tier, so that this separation is more than logically justified.

It took me a few reads to parse that sentence, but that makes a lot of sense. In GT 5.08 (and earlier builds of 5.09), the LV-tier circuits are used in making MV-tier circuits, but the HV, EV, and IV tier circuits don't involve any of the lower-tier circuits in making them (edit: at least not directly - I realized shortly after I posted that the IV-tier circuit technically uses HV-tier circuits in crafting one of the components a few steps earlier in the process). I might have to re-evaluate whether I want to play 5.09.

Edit 2: I'm curious - has anyone set up D-T fusion for continuous running? (obviously, this would require auto maintenance hatches or disabling maintenance requirements in the config, as well as a bunch of processing arrays) If so, how do you supply enough water to the processing arrays for electrolysis into hydrogen? Railcraft water tanks seem to be a popular choice for early-game steam production, but are nowhere near fast enough for hydrogen production towards running a fusion reactor (which needs 32 L/t per fully-populated processing array by my calculations). Or is there some other renewable source of hydrogen that I've missed?

Edit 3: I just noticed a small discrepancy - the circuit tier table linked from the changelog indicates that good circuits can be made at steam age, presumably going by the diode recipes that use tiny gallium dust instead of wafers, but as far as I can tell, (small) gallium dust is only obtainable as the second byproduct of zinc ore (which needs an ore washing plant plus a centrifuge, pulverizer, universal macerator, or RC rock crusher) or the third byproduct of bauxite or sphalerite ore (which needs a thermal centrifuge plus a pulverizer etc.), so it seems more like an LV age item to me.

• has anyone set up D-T fusion for continuous running?

Yep. 20 Processing Arrays. Over 300 machines and 8 Reservoirs from EnderIO for water supply.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

There are small Zink Ore in Nether and Overworld and gallium can be obtained from it in early game.

• Yep. 20 Processing Arrays. Over 300 machines and 8 Reservoirs from EnderIO for water supply.

Reservoir, huh? Strange name for it. Sounds more like a storage (multi)block for water than an unlimited water source, but I looked it up, and it seems less overpowered than the Infinite Water Source from Pressure Pipes that I had been considering (which as far as I can tell be pumped out at speeds only limited by the target pipe/tank/machine). Might be a problem for GT 5.10 if the planned rewrite comes through, since that has been re-targeted to 1.12, and Ender IO is still working on porting to 1.11.2.

There are small Zink Ore in Nether and Overworld and gallium can be obtained from it in early game.

Sorry, perhaps I wasn't quite clear enough. I'm not questioning the "early game" availability of gallium - I know small zinc ore exists (unless I foolishly disable small ores, like I tried several months ago). What I'm questioning is whether it's really possible to obtain gallium with steam age processing (and thereby make good circuits without using LV machines) as indicated by the Google Spreadsheet linked from the GT5e changelog.

• That Spreadsheet may not be entirely relevant.

• Okay, I started a new 5.09.31 world a few days ago, and I came across something strange just now. I hit a diamond vein in the middle of a red granite deposit, yet so far it seems that all of the ores are stone-based instead of red granite-based:

Is this deliberate or a bug?

• AFAIK Ore stone could be changed only to UBC variants. There are GT Red Granit on screen. I've disabled GT Granits it in my modpack because of UBC.

• I'm not using UBC (that's a separate mod called "Underground Biomes Constructs", correct?), and iirc the only changes I've made to the GregTech config files this time were to disable GT Achievements, GT bees, and the timber axe. Here's the apparently-relevant section of my WorldGeneration.cfg file:

Code
    general {
        B:AutoDetectPFAA_true=true
        B:enableBasaltOres_true=true
        B:enableBlackGraniteOres_true=true
        B:enableGCOres_true=true
        B:enableMarbleOres_true=true
        B:enableRedGraniteOres_true=true
        B:enableUBOres_true=true
    }

Update: the issue I found might not be affecting all stone types - I found some small ores in a marble deposit that seemed to use the marble as a substrate, though I haven't found any full ores with marble substrate yet. I mined that vein in red granite a bit more and found small ores that also used stone substrate instead of red granite.

Update 2: Bug filed now:

https://github.com/Blood-Asp/GT5-Unofficial/issues/1245

• New question: has anyone already posted documentation to help find the simplest/cheapest/fastest processing paths for fuels, plastics, rubbers, etc. in GT 5.09.31? Many of them have an alarming number of choices for how to make them, with multiple steps to get there from raw materials, so it's hardly practical to just "look things up in NEI".

Edit: less important, but why do the primitive blast furnaces (bronze/bricked) have 3 slots for input and 3 for output? I notice it's no longer important which slot I put the iron into and which I put the coal/charcoal into, but looking at the primitive blast furnace recipes that are now listed in NEI, I don't see any that take more than 2 distinct items as input or produce more than 2 distinct items as output.

• Ive made that rough calcsheet to check what is now produced in distillery from ovening wood to oil and what is the difference between steam and hydrogene cracking with "little / moderately / serverly" name prefix (circuit settings not attached). Grab one if you wish:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/…ec/distillery+calc+v2.ods

PS. After ive seen how many fluids are now produced im thinging about building huge refinery to produce them all ... good that RotaryCraft has ability to produce a lot of RF quite cheaply - i afraid ill be lost if focused only at GT.

• Ive made that rough calcsheet to check what is now produced in distillery from ovening wood to oil and what is the difference between steam and hydrogene cracking with "little / moderately / serverly" name prefix (circuit settings not attached).

:/ In my current world, I'm barely getting started on LV power. It looks like converting wood to heavy oil requires HV, so it may be a while before those calculations are useful to me. Still, better than nothing, I guess.

• And you are wrong now :) - im using two MV energy hatches connected to two LV transformers and two LV 16A battery buffers - moreover, its working ^^ Anyway im impressed - to start new world just beacouse of update, hope that calc will be helpfull when needed.

• And you are wrong now :) - im using two MV energy hatches connected to two LV transformers and two LV 16A battery buffers - moreover, its working ^^ Anyway im impressed - to start new world just beacouse of update, hope that calc will be helpfull when needed.

Oh, right - I had forgotten about that trick with multiblock machines X/ Still, I've found a couple of oilsands veins already (including one pretty much right under my house), so I expect I'll use those and maybe do some oil drilling before I look into pyrolysing wood for heavy oil.

Anyway, my reasons for starting a new world are a little different from what you seem to think - my previous world was using 5.08, which might not have worked so well to update to 5.09.31, and I changed out a few other mods while I was at it. Also, I realized while doing some calculations of my own that my idea of using biogas for LV (in my 5.08 world) wasn't such a good one - net production speed using distilleries was only about 10 L/sec per distillery.

• I dont calculated it yet, but i suppose with use of MineFactory and Thermal Foundation things you may incrase bio-fuel energy high enough to achieve HV or even EV from plants - but it needs precise calculations to check if that idea is right.

• I dont calculated it yet, but i suppose with use of MineFactory and Thermal Foundation things you may incrase bio-fuel energy high enough to achieve HV or even EV from plants - but it needs precise calculations to check if that idea is right.

I'm not using either of those mods, which might be why I don't get a recipe in NEI for the "biofuel" cell. Biogas via single-block distilleries is too slow, but might be viable once I can make a distillation tower and give it effectively-HV power - raw output is 640 L/sec, though it takes almost half as much EU to produce it as I get from it (maybe a bit more than half once I factor in efficiency etc., I haven't done all the calculations yet), so net output might be closer to 320 L/sec, which seems reasonable when I consider that I can make it renewably using low-tier crops such as pumpkins.

• Fine - ive mentioned MFR mainly in its autofarming capabilities and TF for its transporting ducts. But compared to GT their recipes might be quite cheap in comparsion whan can be achieved with them. Always configs allows for manipulations in their energy usage (both uses RF system, but as ive seen in GT configs battery buffers may cooperate with RF system at borders EU/RF). Also recipes themselves can be tweaked with MineTweaker, but i suppose its a bit of time to create perfect balance in such mod pack.

I wrote "biofuel" but its a kind of shortcut - to get something usefull from raw plant it needed to be refined few times. As i remember (cannot check it right now) raw plants must be compresed to ball, then macerated to biochaff, then fermented and so on - chain has a few more steppes. Ofc MFR can be used to strictly farming plants with conjunction of centrifuges to get methane which runs turbine... There are so many options when many mods are present togheter... Thats a pity when MC lacks in performance when many mods are running. Anyway, imho most funny is managing reactors and optimising steam flow, but everything is just before you ^^