Refined Iron Config Option

• First of all, I used the search function to see if this had already been tackled, but I came up with nothing, so I decided to make a thread. Sorry if this is a common question, I missed it if it is.

Secondly, I do not know if this is something Gregtech can take care of, I don't currently use that mod. Even so, I don't think Gregtech works particularly well with Tinker's Construct anyway.

The problem I have is that Refined Iron registers itself in the ore dictionary as steel. As for the mods Railcraft and Tinker's Construct, steel is a rare metal that has a lot of power and should only be obtainable post-nether/late-game. So I was wondering if it would be a possibility to add a config option that allows refined iron to be in it's own category, apart from steel. I'm not a modder myself, so I don't know if that would be extremely difficult to do.

• Steel is EASIER to aquiere in IC2, especially when in peacful mods, because it doesnt requiere any nether stuff.

The easiest way to produce steel is however still Mekanism.

• Official Post

The Railcraft blast furnace seems to be a lot faster than the IC2 one, so in the long term you can get more steel from it over the same time period.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I think the nether is not peaceful only for you xD You have Natura, correct ? And even with TC4 and Natura, it isn't much of a challenge ;P

• Official Post

I'll agree with Greg. The vanilla nether is easy and peaceful. Unless you're dumb enough to hit a pigman or kiss some blazes.

Also, try playing some UHC and visit the nether, its a new experience that helps you understand how to not take damage at all in the nether.