Mod request (1.7.10 exp)

• It can be an ic2 addon, or a separate mod. I want a mod that completely deletes the top grass-and-tree layer of the world, and replaces it with a (possibly kind of thick) bedrock layer, so you're forced to survive completely underground. I have Ex Nihilo installed, so I can get resources like some plants and trees and sugarcane. If this already exists, please let me know where I can find it.

• No, it would be kind of like an overworld nether. You NEVER see the surface. Unless you have some kind of other overworld-like dimension added by a mod.

• Just a info about the progress: I found a way to make it and tested it. And worked fine (with a couple expluded things... Sometimes it did seem not to work), the only really problem was that it created a huge amount of lag. I mean the first couple minutes was the FPS & TPS as laggy as you could emagine...
    I try now to make a less laggy solution xD

• Now a couple news:
    I manage to almost completly remove the lag from the World... You may need to simply use a addon that make prechunkloading. I think Professor Mobius has a mod for that... Because every time you run into a new Chunk he needs to process that...
    (Because i check a chunk from bottom to top for the blocks it takes a time to process... Thats why quarries are so laggy (at least fast ones))
    But the problem is the World starts to make all the dirt blocks back to the Grass blocks again because they are in sunlight... Well... You can imagine thats easy to solve but what do you want?
    ^^" The quicker your answer is that quicker i can implement that...

• Made Huge Progress: Managed to remove all the Grass from the World without any lag.. Preventing most of the Worldgen (trees and co), but some of it are ancored into the BiomeCode which is unaccessable...
    Well with that i can do the Laggy version of the Terrain Gen. But the blocks i have to remove/replace are really much nothing xD So the lag should stay in small amounts ^^"

• couldn't you just.. i don't know.. change the worldgen directly? Maybe make only one biome generate(like desert), so that no planbts grow, then change worldgen to the desired? I have no idea of minecraft modding, so i don't know how much effort it would be, but many maps use changed world generation, and heck, there is a mod that allows you to change the biome of something IN GAME.

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

• couldn't you just.. i don't know.. change the worldgen directly? Maybe make only one biome generate(like desert), so that no planbts grow, then change worldgen to the desired? I have no idea of minecraft modding, so i don't know how much effort it would be, but many maps use changed world generation, and heck, there is a mod that allows you to change the biome of something IN GAME.

Yes i could do that but then i you would only have 1 - 2 biomes and not all the differend once ^^"
    Removing the Dirt and most of the Vanilla world gen is not that hard... Problem is to remove everything that is not EventBased simply forced to be loaded (like in forest biomes) and stuff. I have to manually remove them which seems easy but take a lot of time. But thanks to removing all the Grass the amount of progress is about 10% of the original. Only a couple biomes still generate dirt which is no problem. I simply have to check through worldTicks stuff (which i wanted to prevent but not can)...

• Here you have a TestVersion.

Knowen Issus:
    -Serten biomes still spawn Trees and some plants (only these that have the new Tree types),
    As much as i try it i am not able prevent the spawn of trees and co...

If you like the idea i planned also to implement other stuff like that: Prevent oregen/removing ores, and other stuff...

Edit: i discovered a idea to prevent Trees from spawning^^" I have to test that..

Anyways here is the first version...

See ya

• Serten

uhm.. do you mean certain?

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

• Yeah sorry for that mistake^^"

Well i figured a way out to prevent any Worldgen (that has todo with Plants) right away before i was going to leave for about 1 week.
    I tested it and it working smooth. Why didn't i think before of that xD

Changes:

-This mod adds now 1 Block. DirtyDirt or something (do not need a cool name), it looks like dirt, it drops dirt but it is no dirt. You can't plant anything on it. You have to break and replace it^^" Maybe adding a way of hoeing it... But today is not my time...
    Why did i add this dirt: Well since some Biomes forces their Trees and stuff to grow i tried to remove them after the world was loaded (well last version), but was 2 things. First laggy, second it did not work at all... Also it effected your tickrate every time you ran around...
    Now instead of removing blocks and replace them with dirt and remove the trees after they were generated i simply added a fake dirt.
    That fake dirt does not get supportet by the Plants and because worldgens always ask the plants if they can grow there i made acutally that what was requested...
    The only downside. You can use dirt only when you replaced it which is in a world full of dirt really hard to remember xD

But that version is really less laggier at all. You feel only lagspicks when you run to fast around and generate world, because some blocks still get replaced (some biomes forces their own grass blocks), so as long as you do not travel around like an iron man or something everything is fine^^"

AlexTheAwesome i hope that is what you wanted ^^" I can not make it any better... ^^"

• The only downside. You can use dirt only when you replaced it which is in a world full of dirt really hard to remember xD

Solution: Use WAILA. and/or a tecture pack i guess. they shjouldn't support dirtydirt, right?