Hardcore Kirara 3.0 - Custom NPC village

• another option is to just make an ae system with a creative cell having all the forestry mail stuff(as long as that can't be turned into other stuff, that is)

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

• - This concept is interesting enough for players too, it shouldn't be for admins only.

The Admin only part was only for the part that provides items out of nothing only for money.

- It should consume energy for every trade, as much as when you remove an item from an AE Terminal. And for a public room, we can use creative cells anyways.

The idea behind not using Energy was, that players can set up a store early game. Before they produce energy. The automated functions need energy.

- It shouldn't auto-adjust prices, it kills the competition imo. However you could adjust prices whenever you want.
    Otherwise I really like the idea. Makes AE2 more useful.

The dynamic price against admin storage would allow trading without another player there in that moment. Fix price and automated trading would still be possible even without admin help.

another option is to just make an ae system with a creative cell having all the forestry mail stuff(as long as that can't be turned into other stuff, that is)

That would not allow automation and no real market.

• Small suggestion: Make a charger, which will consume coins for energy.

Something that charges batteries for a certain amount of coins ? I can do that.

The idea behind not using Energy was, that players can set up a store early game. Before they produce energy. The automated functions need energy.

Meh. I'm not convinced that automated trading with AE2 should be an early game thing.
    For the other points mentionned, fair enough.

• Quoted from "Airam"
    Small suggestion: Make a charger, which will consume coins for energy.

Something that charges batteries for a certain amount of coins ? I can do that.

how? i mean, selling single-use bateries would work i guess, but that seems kinda complicated.

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

• People are talkative. That's for sure.

My own view on the trading...

No to AE-powered shops. Because AE is OP and will be more late game. Because you know... A few bits of quartz shouldn't give you semi-infinite storage. So that would make it sorta late-game.

I'd like something IC2-powered, sorta like the trade-O-mat gone better. More items at once, some way to auto-refill... VERY LITTLE power needed. Possibility to turn it on and off with RS, so that way you can set a pressure plate right in front and when people step on it, ta-da ! Store opens. As soon as they go away, store stops using energy. So kinda early-game.

If we could have 2-3 tiers of it, I'd do something like this...
    Say 4 items for one vending machine made with Steel. 3EU/t.
    Say 8 items for one vending machine made with Al. 2EU/t.
    Then 12 for one vending machine made with SSteel. 1EU/t.

Less EU/t so you get a reason more to get the more expensive ones.

Then I guess maybe a 4th tier working with AE and made in Ti would make sense, since I plan to have AE around Ti level. (Because, yes. It really is powerful.)

However, as far as I'm aware, such a nice system doesn't exist, the trade-o-mats being somewhat similar but too... Un-functionnal. (Single item on display.) I also would be totally unable to do something like that.

If Bloody thinks it's a nice idea... (I'm sorry to ask you something yet again, though. ;S Wish I'd be a better coder.)

---

Yup, maximum 2 inputs.

Also, I REALLY like that idea.

[1.7.10][Kirara] New administrator of Kirara servers. A serie of well-made hardmode GregTech server. Come join the fun. ;]

• It seems you missunderstood me. AE2 is lategame and i do not plan to change that in any way. My Plan is fully seperate from the storage part.

The main reason for using AE2 is that it would provide a lot of help while coding all the functions for searching, item handling gui and more. In lategame it would still not change the storage part. Only providing additional functions for automated trading not possible without.

• It seems you missunderstood me. AE2 is lategame and i do not plan to change that in any way. My Plan is fully seperate from the storage part.

The main reason for using AE2 is that it would provide a lot of help while coding all the functions for searching, item handling gui and more. In lategame it would still not change the storage part. Only providing additional functions for automated trading not possible without.

So it would use the API but not reliant on AE parts ? If I understood this time, it seems amazing. Awfully complex, but amazing.

EDIT : Realised something. You might have meant you'll require only a few blocks. If that's the case, I guess I can make a few blocks earlier game. Something that wouldn't allow you to use AE, but would allow the machines to work ? That's still way amazing.

EDIT II : If I still didn't understand. Gah. No idea.

[1.7.10][Kirara] New administrator of Kirara servers. A serie of well-made hardmode GregTech server. Come join the fun. ;]

• So it would use the API but not reliant on AE parts ? If I understood this time, it seems amazing. Awfully complex, but amazing.

Excatly that.

The low tech stuff needs no AE stuff to craft, only the API. Only automating the trading would need AE parts. Midgame, the automation part could be bridged by provinding the few needed parts inside the playertown powered by an creative cells or so. Finally in endgame, everything could be build by the player themself inside his own base were the
    playertown becomes the connecting hub for the seperate networks.

Also it really is complex and no idea how far i will go or if i really will do it. I will likely go around a bit on other forums also and ask there for the demand of better server trading. Should there be enough response i will do it.

• Excatly that.

The low tech stuff needs no AE stuff to craft, only the API. Only automating the trading would need AE parts. Midgame, the automation part could be bridged by provinding the few needed parts inside the playertown powered by an creative cells or so. Finally in endgame, everything could be build by the player themself inside his own base were the

Also it really is complex and no idea how far i will go or if i really will do it. I will likely go around a bit on other forums also and ask there for the demand of better server trading. Should there be enough response i will do it.

That would be like, perfect. If you ever make that, and I somehow miss it, just tell me. ;P

• Official Post

Excatly that.

I bet trading is an aspect of MP that has not been fully and properly explored. I'd say go for it, although I'm just an user telling a modder to do something, I guess.

Btw, automated change of prices should be allowed. Just properly configurable by the player (or the admin shop).
    For admin shops the stock is refilled or emptied over time, also configurable.

• Here are the peeps that will help you in your journey, in exchange for a few coins.

Gareld :
    An alchemist, well known for being able to dilute potions, making them less powerful but very cost efficient, resource-wise.
    He also have regular potions, but since his... unfortunate transformation, they have a small side effect.
    Some unique potions can only be obtained by him, like resistance potions, haste potions, or the way more powerful Mighty Glacier Brew and Glass Cannon Brew.

Solana :
    A very talented craftswoman, able to process metals with an efficiency only machines can compete with.
    She may or may not offer you tool heads as well, depending on how much you will help the Codex gather informations about monsters.

Whurgaem :
    Long-time miner, he can sell you early-game ores.

Vorbani :
    A mutated wolf, whose origins remain unknown. Manager of "The Raging Zombie", his tavern.
    Have an interesting variety of brews, and is a good cook as well.

Katherine :
    She is the brain of this village. Bring empty batteries to her, and she will recharge them.

Feedback, suggestions, writing mistakes ?

• Official Post

(Monster) Hunter : Will sell you all sorts of mob drops. He may have some quests that involves hunting several mobs, while rewarding you for their loot. A late quest where wither skeletons are hunted and then he gives you the head of one of them.

The cleric: will sell you holy water and copies of the church's archive about everything that may be found on dungeons. May have some quests regarding the protection of the village (kill mobs within the vicinity of the village), quests about raiding an evil fortress and so on.

• (Monster) Hunter : Will sell you all sorts of mob drops. He may have some quests that involves hunting several mobs, while rewarding you for their loot. A late quest where wither skeletons are hunted and then he gives you the head of one of them.

The cleric: will sell you holy water and copies of the church's archive about everything that may be found on dungeons. May have some quests regarding the protection of the village (kill mobs within the vicinity of the village), quests about raiding an evil fortress and so on.

Both roles are already handled by Codex, the enchanted book, except the "sell mob drops" part.

But you're right, I totally forgot about mob drops.
    Vladimir, the vampire pigman, will probably make its comeback in the village to buy your mob drops, and maybe an enderman that sells rarer ones.

• Brilliant work. My opinion on trading is the simpler, the better. The biggest issue is doing it in a way that isn't boring, and doesn't allow for a loophole (meaning you can't use it as enderchests).

• Both roles are already handled by Codex, the enchanted book, except the "sell mob drops" part.

But you're right, I totally forgot about mob drops.
    Vladimir, the vampire pigman, will probably make its comeback in the village to buy your mob drops, and maybe an enderman that sells rarer ones.

He's gonna sell ender pearls ? D: Those are like endermen eggs ! This would be kinda like me selling severed heads on the black market. ;P