Hardcore Kirara 3.0 - Custom NPC village

• After having read everything, do you want this on Hardcore Kirara 3.0 ? 13

1. Yes ! (10) 77%
    2. Yes, but it needs some tweaks. (+ comment) (2) 15%
    3. No ! (1) 8%

Hello there. Kirara's new admin, Arch-Nihil, liked my idea of a Custom NPC village in order to help starting players, provide some quests and other cool stuff, so let's get started.

People are quite divided on that one, and since I'm the one in charge of it, I'm making this thread to explain everything that will be done, with screenshots and stuff.

Keep in mind that this feature will be on "Hardcore Kirara 3.0" (K3) ONLY.
    There will be a Kirara server with GT6, without hardcore survival mods and this (K2 I believe), so please only vote if you are interested in K3.

Also, please read everything before voting.

I- Currency

Currently, we use Custom NPC's Bronze Coins, Iron Coins and Golden Coins as currency. They will only be obtainable through quests, lottery and selling some useless mob loot.
    GregTech might implement its coins back soon, and we might use them instead, without changes in mechanics.

Values : 64 Bronze Coins = 8 Iron Coins = 1 Golden Coin

II- Quests

Small, daily quests will be available for players to take and complete.
    They will vary between "Kill X type of mobs" and "Get X artifacts", and give between 1 and 4 Iron Coins depending of the difficulty.

Also, a main quest will be provided to guide you through the village and all the NPCs, and give you 2 Golden Coins as a reward.

III- Lottery

Once every day, if you are at least level 10, you'll be able to get more coins from L0TT3RY-B0T.
    It has a high probability of giving you 2 Bronze Coins (a free meal, basically), but a small probability of giving you more, up to 4 Iron Coins.

IV- Shop

Merchants allow you to buy some items with coins.
    They won't sell anything higher-tech than bronze components, as you can see on the screenshot, in order to encourage trading between players.
    They are here to help in case you need that one extra ore to get your last bronze ingot, or some starting items, but do not expect them to outclass mining. Mining is still far superior.

Planned merchants :
    - Bartender (food, drinks)
    - Enderman (early game ores)
    - Blacksmith (early game tool heads)
    - Woodworker (Custom NPC's storage blocks)

V- Real time adjustments

Things will change according to the community's wish.
    A quest is way too hard, according to the player base ? I'll increase the rewards or make it slightly easier.
    We've gone through all the PvE content and people are bored ? Custom bosses.

etc.

And that's it. I need your feedback now.

Please note that the village is not mandatory, you could choose to ignore it and explore the world directly.
    Though, if you're not familiar with EnviroMine, Special Mobs, and other mods like that, you should head to the village.
    NPCs will explain everything you need to know.

• I'll help building this village!
    First!

Java script, which happens to be the language in which minecraft is coded

• Official Post

I do hope those Crates are either Valuable or just Test output, because I would not pay that much Wood and Coins for a single Crate available with simply using a Chisel.

And my Coins will be awesome. 3D Coins with custom 16x16 Shapes (once I add something to craft them properly, until then only prefabbed ones will be available), which can be stacked up to 64 inside a single Block in World.

Also with a tiny Flag describing if they are unique Coins or Playermade ones. Unique as in "Only available through Cheats, Admins, NPCs or Dungeons".

• I will help as well. Most likely to make quests as we cannot prepare those in advance.

I hope it makes it. Would be fun to make a really unique looking town with them in... Better than vanilla villagers. And they don't die so often.

[1.7.10][Kirara] New administrator of Kirara servers. A serie of well-made hardmode GregTech server. Come join the fun. ;]

• I do hope those Crates are either Valuable or just Test output, because I would not pay that much Wood and Coins for a single Crate available with simply using a Chisel.

And my Coins will be awesome. 3D Coins with custom 16x16 Shapes (once I add something to craft them properly, until then only prefabbed ones will be available), which can be stacked up to 64 inside a single Block in World.

Also with a tiny Flag describing if they are unique Coins or Playermade ones. Unique as in "Only available through Cheats, Admins, NPCs or Dungeons".

Sorry for double post. Pyro, could we use GT coins instead ? Dungeon loot I'll be making, I could add a bit more coins to it and it could make for some nice economy.

[1.7.10][Kirara] New administrator of Kirara servers. A serie of well-made hardmode GregTech server. Come join the fun. ;]

• Oh, and before I forget, why didn't you use the Claptrap Units? You know, as punching Bags, because it is fun to see them die.

Bwahaha, poor thing. We played game like dodge the blowtorch, and don't get dunked into the pool of acid. I was really good at the first one.

Come on, everybody likes Clappy.

• I do hope those Crates are either Valuable or just Test output, because I would not pay that much Wood and Coins for a single Crate available with simply using a Chisel.

These are Custom NPCs crates, which are double chests in one block. That was mostly a test output but it will be available at the woodworker.
    However metals are not, it's intended that I only make iron, copper, tin and lead available. Everything else will require mining or trading between players :p
    Also, I'll use GT coins as soon as they are available.

Sorry for double post. Pyro, could we use GT coins instead ? Dungeon loot I'll be making, I could add a bit more coins to it and it could make for some nice economy.

See above, we'll use GT coins.

Oh, and before I forget, why didn't you use the Claptrap Units? You know, as punching Bags, because it is fun to see them die.

Sadly, there's no Claptrap model in Custom NPCs. The loader is an Iron Golem reskin.

• Funny this happens just as I'm about to hop back onto Kirara after a stupidly long hiatus. I'm in.

EDIT: Didn't Bloody have some kind of idea for a town a while back, where everyone had certain types of jobs? This could mesh with that idea rather nicely, where people can sell certain types of goods in a town, and be able to expand within limit.

• I've got an idea, but it needs Galactic Craft to be installed.
    What's about every player starts at the same place in space, on barely colonized planet(Moon with Galactic Craft).
    As unit of society, commander orders him to investigate a newly found planet with oxygen(Overworld), so he simply have no other way but to take his Tier 1 Rocket and do it. There will be no oxygen tanks for player so he won't be to do much on his current planet(Moon). This planet with oxygen is surely dangerous, have some strange form of lifes. (<mobs mod goes here)
    As starting loot there should be:
    - Tier 1 Rocket (obviously) with enough amount of fuel to reach this mysterious planet with oxygen. (should be destroyed after landing)
    - Small amount of provision (so he won't die first day in his marvelous adventure).
    - Basic instrumets (eh, flint/plastic one, maybe?)
    - Slightly damaged civilian armour (leather one)
    - A local map of his landing position.
    - Some lamp (source of light?)
    What do you think? I think, we need to use CustomNPC mod on it's full power!
    EDIT: After landing, the starting village will be (marked with coords, probably) close enough to reach it in a half of MC day.

• It would make a nice concept for an SSP modpack doubt it fits in here though. And that would be rather complicated to implement for a rather short non-sensical intro.

Spawn.
    Find rocket in chest.
    Use rocket.
    Travel in space to new planet.
    Falls back to flint tools and steam powered gizmos.

Unless I got what you said wrong. If I were to really use GalactiCraft, which seems unlikely right now... I'd use it to probably slow down progression. As in making certain ores available only in some places. (But unless people think this is a wonderful idea, I think GC doesn't add too much. Not that it's bad or not fun, just unecessary.)

Custom NPCs is a nice idea as well but I think it should stay to the main, but still optional town.

• Official Post

I really do like some ores only being found on certain celestial bodies. Makes space traveling worthwhile.

Also spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace. I still have to set up a space station with artificial gravity (starminer).

There should be an alien village on the moon, for more quests! (still optional)

• It seems nice seen that way however. Starminer could well be added later. I suggested it be it's too obscure for people to care. And Galacticraft will be next question on my thread. Probably. If people wouldn't mind me splitting the oregen a bit, I think it could make the game real long and sort of an epic quest. As I plan on hosting the server for as long as people are interested... I think even though this will take forever, we might see the end. ;P

• Poor clappy ;P

Can we have me as a boss :D ? My skin used as a ninja boss, if you win, you get some random rare ores :D

My abilities :

- No environmental damages ( fire, drowning, fall damage )
    - nanosuit armor + nanosabre ( not an ability but meh :D )
    - 25 heart of health
    - High regeneration

Combating me would be a quest, once I die, I respawn after 2 MC days for balance, right click me for combat ~~~~~

• so you want to be killed every to days? lol.

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

• Probably just an NPC which looks like him.

One could make a Greg NPC, which is invincible and instantly kills you once you attack him.

It would excellent! If so, I can complain (also asking stupid question) to your dummy even when you are not online!
    Invicible? Not a big problem. Simply limiting your NPC habitat - making a jail out of dirt blocks can be a good solution. I'm not so familiar with CustomNPC though. Perhaps, it's possible to add some tricks to NPC's.
    One shot kill? Well, I doubt NPC can even do something with a nuke placed nearby. On the other hand, it would be useless, since your NPC is invicible.
    An old man said "everything is nerfable".
    Are you exception to the rule? By the way, we've already got Nexeynerf.jar; need to ask Bloody if he can make Gregoriusnerf.jar

• A NPC BOSS with my skin, also greg, that's not Greg NPC, but HAX NPC, as you are not really resistant to fall damage as you said yourself lol.

Well, maybe a greg NPC, which nerfs you giving you slowness 4 ?