[Kirara 3.0] - A series of well-made GT hardmode servers. --- Official Random Thread.

• I could help out with the scripts.

That'd be nice of you. I make really clean scripts, so updating should be a breeze compared to making new scripts, provided you can use some judgement. (Which I think you should manage well.)

I just remember, is Gendustry the mod that allows adding custom bees? If yes, GregTech bees? Some modpacks add them.

You read my mind, again. You keep on doing it. STAP IT ! D:

Yes, gendustry allows custom bees. See Beyond Reality. It has tons of custom bees for GregTech.

What he said. This is the reason we have Gendustry. ;P

[1.7.10][Kirara] New administrator of Kirara servers. A serie of well-made hardmode GregTech server. Come join the fun. ;]

• Likely nope. We've already got pretty heavy worldgen with ATG + UBC (even though it will be pre-genned).

Thats a shame, I really like its complex generation, and I added alot of flavor and difficulty to GT, having to sniff out the variety of veins, and you could still gen GT, if the baseline distribution of PFAA was too sparse. Besides besides the slower worldgen, is there a reason for its removal?

• Geologica adds so many obsolete things, without counting the ores giving silicon and aluminium when electrolyzed

Java script, which happens to be the language in which minecraft is coded

• Geologica adds so many obsolete things, without counting the ores giving silicon and aluminium when electrolyzed

Obsolete how? It offered a good variety of building materials, the deposits were interesting to find and mine up, instead of the boring vanilla distribution, mining in general was a bit more knowlege and skill oriented IMO, and all of the ores were capable of being integrated into gregtech, though a few metals had no use at all yet. The downsides were its longer worldgen time, potentially the added difficulty and chance to gte screwed over for a long time in mining, the ore levels could be tweaked completely with COG. Just wondering what else it messes with, since I really did enjoy learning some geology.

• Obsolete how? It offered a good variety of building materials, the deposits were interesting to find and mine up, instead of the boring vanilla distribution, mining in general was a bit more knowlege and skill oriented IMO, and all of the ores were capable of being integrated into gregtech, though a few metals had no use at all yet. The downsides were its longer worldgen time, potentially the added difficulty and chance to gte screwed over for a long time in mining, the ore levels could be tweaked completely with COG. Just wondering what else it messes with, since I really did enjoy learning some geology.

blagballs, do you think we will have vanilla ore-gen? If so, you are not right.
    https://goo.gl/2RpgDm - there is approximate list of GT veins planned to be on server. It might be tweaked a bit (you still can suggest something).
    Even though GT veins does generate independently to the near rocks, you still can "learn" geology from it (I also suggested to mix TFC + GT, adding some special real-life ore deposits, but it isn't approved to anyone due a lot of work that have to be put in). By the way, about learning - we've got OpenComputers. Programming, hurray!
    Geologica stones are not that fancy as building material (more realstics textures) compared to UBC. But it might be not a bad option to mix Geolgica + UBC (like on K1; credits to Miradae). I'm not sure if everyone will agree with that.

• I'd suggest staying with GT6 worldgen.
    It seems to be already heavy with ATG+UB. And I have bad memories about me, struggling to get enough nickel from PFAA worldgen, to make a Electric Blast Furnace, because of how poor veins containing nickel were.

• Tactical advice: The nether was still not affected by Geologica, but by GT oregen.

I know, but I never found a nickel vein in the nether.
    Hell, nether mining was pretty much the superior solution for every ore back then on K1, because of PFAA. So much that GT worldgen was back in the overworld on K3.

• Obsolete because of the fact 60% of the ores are only there to be electrolyzed into oxygen and things like that.
    I once tried k2 to make crops on a small island far from anybody else, I ended up using molybdenum pickaxes because this thing generates in ridiculous amount
    Not as ridiculous as iron though.
    And variety is a good thing as you said, people build out of marble, granite and chalk all the time. The only building using something else is airam's base

Java script, which happens to be the language in which minecraft is coded

• In all honesty, if I'd want to lag the servers with accurate world-gen, I'd rather use my own mod. More complex, more pretties, I'd even dare say more accurate. (Since I'm using ATG for base and it's much easier to place stuff realistically, else PFAA would pwn anything I'd do. Hands down.)

Thing is, with 4 servers running and quite a bit of players, I'd rather avoid PFAA. (And even more my own mod, which I think is more suited to SSP.)

Not to mention that while it does require a slight bit of Geology knowledge... It's also not balanced around GT, and I care about balance A LOT.

So, no to PFAA. Sorry. Unless everyone starts saying no to world-gen mods and want PFAA real bad. But it doesn't seem like it's gonna happen.

[1.7.10][Kirara] New administrator of Kirara servers. A serie of well-made hardmode GregTech server. Come join the fun. ;]

• I do get that PFAA was sparse on ores for GT's needs, but I thought you can tweak the rates of deposits and their densities, so that could be solved easily enough. Whatever you think will be good for gameplay and server performance will do I think, but if these werent exclusive to 'realistic' oregen, then I vote for that. What is your mod anyway?