[Kirara 3.0] - A series of well-made GT hardmode servers. --- Official Random Thread.

• In GT 6 you can set crushed Ores and Ores to a stacksize of 1 if you want.

That's nice news.

Considering this...

Complete Ores : 16.

Crushed Ores / Dusts : 32.

Logs : 16.

Planks : 32.

And others... 32 ?

Unless someone rages, this will probably be that.

[1.7.10][Kirara] New administrator of Kirara servers. A serie of well-made hardmode GregTech server. Come join the fun. ;]

• I am currently adjusting IC2s gen energy values. Until they get disabled, for those that will, here's what it would look like :

generator = 0.75
    geothermal = 0.67
    water = 0.75
    solar = 1.0
    wind = 0.75
    nuclear = 1.5
    semiFluidOil = 1.11
    semiFluidFuel = 1.33
    semiFluidBiomass = 1.05
    semiFluidBioethanol = 1.15
    semiFluidBiogas = 1.25
    Stirling = 0.5
    Kinetic = 0.95

1 being standard. As you can see, most stuff takes a nerf except Semi-Fluid (Especially processed stuff like Fuel and Biogas.) which receives a buff and Nuclear which receives an ever bigger one. Always thought we were lacking good power options. Also, Sterling takes heavy nerf. I'm sick of tree farms being the only option in the beginning. Geothermal gets heavy nerf as well.

Do not consider this final. I still need your opinions. That, and I will probably make small adjustements as we play if everybody avoids something or do the same thing.

So, tell me what you think !

EDIT : Sorry for double post. Did not realise I was the last to talk.

[1.7.10][Kirara] New administrator of Kirara servers. A serie of well-made hardmode GregTech server. Come join the fun. ;]

• Nuclear FTW! Well not really earlygame...

Nuclear FTW indeed. I plan to nerf recipes a tad bit though. More power, but slightly later.

Also, the main point is to diversify power gen. To make costlier ressources give more.

Wish I could nerf charcoal and leave coal that way though... Coal is pretty crappy with those configs.

IMPORTANT EDIT :

generator = 1.0
    geothermal = 1.01
    water = 1.09
    solar = 1.11
    wind = 1.05
    nuclear = 1.67
    semiFluidOil = 1.22
    semiFluidFuel = 1.44
    semiFluidBiomass = 1.11
    semiFluidBioethanol = 1.15
    semiFluidBiogas = 1.25
    Stirling = 0.99
    Kinetic = 1.05

Made changes. I think this would be more balanced. Buffing stuff will lead to less balance problems I think. (I also made AE, LP and auto-mining more expensive.)

Edited 3 times, last by Arch ().

• Hey all.

I've got a long, utterly pointless argument today with someone about his own feelings on what the new pack should be.
    I don't want to have such a despicable discussion ever again.

I respect your opinions and did as best as I could to please everybody while still pleasing myself. Because remember, while I do want your opinion, I host the servers and I get to have my word.
    Consider modlist for HK3 final and not up for discussion anymore. I will make this happen, trust me on that.
    While I won't consider modlist-related opinions unless something game-breaking is found, I still want your opinions about everything else.
    It's just that at this point in time, such discussion slow me down a lot. I want you to actually try it before you can say anything.
    Anyway I will know by then who is really going to play the pack, as I feel half people will abandon when they realise I was not kidding naming it the hardcore pack. ;]

That being said, I'd like to thank everyone who trusted me so far and is actually willing to give me a chance and see what I can do.
    Should you be ever-so-slightly open-minded, I think you will enjoy all the work I'm doing and will actually enjoy it thoroughly. (Provided it's not too hard for you.)

If you can't live with the fact I can't bend to your each and every will at all times, there's 3 other Kirara servers available for you.
    I think I've made enough compromises as is, and am still willing to make a few smaller ones.
    However, I'm doing most of the work (Special thanks to Pyrolusite, who did a bunch to make this happen as well.) and I will keep true to myself.

TL;DR : I have VETO. Modlist is final. I don't want to have to argue about that again, ever. If you are sure you can do better than I or that I probably can't do stuff right, I will have to say it to you very clearly : "Keep it for yourself." I still want opinions on anything else than modlist.

- Arch.

• (I also made AE, LP and auto-mining more expensive.)

AE/LP 2-3x coefficient would be good (for me, at least).

Wish I could nerf charcoal and leave coal that way though... Coal is pretty crappy with those configs.

Make Coke Oven an only way to get charcoal. Also nerf Coke Oven recipe. (not too much, so it will be possible to make it early game; but if we can tweak Coke Oven processing speed and lower it, than a good nerf could work out in order to prevent spamming them)

Also, small suggestion about recipe tweaking - Hazmat Suit will need lead foil in it's crafting recipe. (something simmilar is already in GTExtras)

• AE/LP 2-3x coefficient would be good (for me, at least).

Make Coke Oven an only way to get charcoal. Also nerf Coke Oven recipe. (not too much, so it will be possible to make it early game; but if we can tweak Coke Oven processing speed and lower it, than a good nerf could work out in order to prevent spamming them)

Also, small suggestion about recipe tweaking - Hazmat Suit will need lead foil in it's crafting recipe. (something simmilar is already in GTExtras)

I like these ideas. Nerfing Coke Oven would be a nice idea. Not too hard, just a bit so coal is better than coal.

Also, multiplier for LP is still to determine. Modifiers for AE will be 5x. It sounds extreme, but since I will buff generators, it will mean 4x like on the other Kiraras. So I think it should be fine. By the time you get AE, you should have some decent energy production going as well.

• Official Post

You should also be buffing coal (coke too) and oil energy generation per material unit value.

Coal is currently 1 charcoal, make it be 10 times. 40k EU per unit. Coke would retain its x4 coal, with 160k EU per unit.
    Oil is currently 16k EU. Make it be 160k EU
    Fuel is currently 128k EU. Make it be 1280k EU

Nuclear needs to be discussed. Probably make it 5 times more powerful.

• I can promise you TC will be put away on a few servers. ;]

Not a bad mod per se, but this ain't a TC server after all, eh ?

Also, to avoid hurting your feelings, I will pretend really hard.

We all missed you very much. C'M'HERE ! ;D

• You could not have missed me if you never played with me :P

But you possibly have encountered what was left of my bunker system on the original kirara, that's for sure.

If you mean Kirara 1.0, I was neither the owner nor a player back then. ;P

• Concerning TC, here is my last word.
    It is ridiculous to have people using TC gears and harness on a GT oriented server. We have mods like Gravisuite, maybe MPS in the far future, or even GTextras which will be adding nanobots to repair the stuff. Don't ever mention TC on Kirara Hardcore :p

Java script, which happens to be the language in which minecraft is coded

Edited once, last by Nexey ().

• Official Post

I mostly used TC because it was a superior option regarding mobility. Now with gravisuite/GTExtras, I doubt it'll be better.

Now I want my spring boots on modular armor. It will bounce you higher everytime you hit the ground while you're holding the boost key and will greatly bounce lower if you arent (like holding space when you fall on slimeblocks). Max bounce height is determined by spring material.

• You mostly used it since you pretty much rushed it before the warp mechanics were introduced and because it allowed you to do stuff which would be to expensive for GT-only playstyle, Coke-oven-alumentum production thing which was used by literally everyone on the server? I did not forget that :P You liar

Btw, when does the server start, I can not wait, hype mode

• Thing is, I have lots of time and am willing to make this balanced.

If you see everyone else doing the same thing, then don't. Else I will nerf it. (People choose easy stuff, even on a GT server.)

Because 20 people having large charcoal farms 'till endgame is not funny anymore, for example.

So yeah, cheap won't be allowed in there. ;]

• Just don't make it full on grindcore, it gets annoying if the only way to live more or less established is spamming crops. Please, for the love of god. I hate it when people just start spamming crops. Mining should be profitable enough to compete with crops, the very basic miner should be accessible late earlygame.

• Just don't make it full on grindcore, it gets annoying if the only way to live more or less established is spamming crops. Please, for the love of god. I hate it when people just start spamming crops. Mining should be profitable enough to compete with crops, the very basic miner should be accessible late earlygame.

I was planning on nerfing everything crop-related. Mining should be the main way to go. You'll NEED a bunch of veggie farms however to make fancy foods and such. But IC2 crops ? Little bit too early for early game, IMO.

Cropsticks with impregnated sticks in harder-to-craft Forestry squeezers, maybe ?

Edited once, last by Arch ().