[Kirara 3.0] - A series of well-made GT hardmode servers. --- Official Random Thread.

• Wow. People are talkative.

Consider the server I booted yesterday without telling anyone Alpha. And that is to remain until Pyro and I are down with the NPCs stuff. Which mean I will restart the world today and everything you will do afterwards is to be considered useless since I won't allow you to reuse it once grand opening arrives.

I will allow people to keep 1 inventory of food or ores to begin on the server. Maybe a bed and a door ? Not much. (Just that I feel bad taking everything away... Else I would. Think it'd be best.)

You gotta realised I opened the servers 4 days early. In 4 days, it might be ready for release. Before then... It will be a mess. I couldn't advise anyone to join in at this time.

Those REALLY interested in HK3 better wait till I tell you it's really time.

Also... Server will be overcrowded. It WILL be. Unless some of you changed their minds... I think I might have to close K2 earlier and open a second Kirara Hardcore. If people agree with this as I feel HK3 will be more of an experiment at first and I'd rather wait and play on something that will be rock solid from the get go.

Good plan ? Bad plan ?

[1.7.10][Kirara] New administrator of Kirara servers. A serie of well-made hardmode GregTech server. Come join the fun. ;]

• Official Post

I think the overcrowding wont impact the new Server that much anymore since I fixed a rather huge Bug in GT Ores causing Packets to be sent to every single closeby Player as soon as someone crosses the chunk Border downloading new Chunks Clientside. That has caused an awful lot of Bandwidth usage on me a while ago. But it is fixed in GT6 now.

• I think the overcrowding wont impact the new Server that much anymore since I fixed a rather huge Bug in GT Ores causing Packets to be sent to every single closeby Player as soon as someone crosses the chunk Border downloading new Chunks Clientside. That has caused an awful lot of Bandwidth usage on me a while ago. But it is fixed in GT6 now.

Nice knowing. ;D We will see.

Also HK3 is closed until further notice. I wiped the world completely already.

It should re-open by tonight, or rather tomorrow early morning in Europe.

Since I'm here, I will see if everything is alright today and tonight it will be better.

Battlegears was removed because it crashed with GTs tools. It will be added back later if it gets fixed. (I know it's not on your side, Greg.)

Iguana Tweaks was removed because of general weirdness.

World will be ATG from tonight and on.

[1.7.10][Kirara] New administrator of Kirara servers. A serie of well-made hardmode GregTech server. Come join the fun. ;]

• When and how much pregen will be done? Pregenning K1 10000 block in each direction took days. Also the player limit back then was about 12 logged in at the same time before slowdown. 20 and above became annoying. With K2 we had at peak times up to 30 online at the same time.
    Opening K3 was not really nesseary anymore in my opinion and only split the players too much. I hope we can avoid splitting this time.

• Yes pregenning will still take days, luckily we have the admintools for that this time around so it can be done from within the server. Yes the server will be under heavy load during that time, likely impacting all minecraft instances.

• I will pregen with basically the same machine you have. But thanks for offering. How much ? Not that much. I start thinking it won't be necessary.

ATG is more server-friendly than I thought it would be. Clearly not as hard as PFAA. So... We'll see.

If I make a second HK server, it will then be split in 3 instead of 2. Which is already better than 4 different. Also while it drew a lot of people, I doubt 3 servers would be justfiable.

In the end, once last Vintage server closes, it'd be like :

1 server with K - Basic.

1 with K - Extended. (TC fans should apply. AKA K4.)

1 with K - Hardcore.

Last server will be of whichever is most popular and both will be linked.

EDIT : I wish I could leave it open in the meantime, invultri. Like it wouldn't be worth slowing it down and extending the process. Plus, nobody likes block lag.

• Just had another idea for the town. How about a blackboard? A wall in the tow where everyone can place signs with puplic informations? Like: "searching team", "visit my base at xyz", "buy x" "sell y"?

Nice idea. Will do this once I get time. Currently disabling all items. ;P

So survival for those who started now. They'll only be better with Enviromine by then.

With Bibliocraft you could use other things than regular Signs too. I do hope that Bibliocraft makes it into all the Packs (since it is only a Decoration Mod)

All packs. I did not really ask opinion about this. That, Carp. Blocks and Chisel 2 as well.

• I can hold off from KH thanks to AS2, as long as you notice me when the pack can be played the way it is intended to be. Even though I would like to be part of the first few people to join, you said that people willing to play correctly should wait a bit more. So I'll wait :p

Java script, which happens to be the language in which minecraft is coded

Edited once, last by Nexey ().

• I can hold off from KH thanks to AS2, as long as you notice me when the pack can be played the way it is intended to be. Even though I would like to be part of the first few people to join, you said that people willing to play correctly should wait a bit more. So I'll wait :p

I did not expect this from you.

But great, someone understood. ;P I say it should be decent survival in 2 days. Then I will enable one by one recipes. When I'm done with a few, I think it'd be a nice time to start.

EDIT : Except me... I will start in a looong time still.

• Well I had to wait a long time before deciding to start AS2, because alpha. I started it in late alpha since it was pretty much the final version. I'll hold off until the recipes are done, in the meantime I'll build a spatial ship and do my exams.

• Well I had to wait a long time before deciding to start AS2, because alpha. I started it in late alpha since it was pretty much the final version. I'll hold off until the recipes are done, in the meantime I'll build a spatial ship and do my exams.

Be sure to come once in a while to comment on them though. ;P

• Town construction is almost complete !

I'll update this thread soon with screenies. ;D

• So it turns out I want a swamp with an ocean nearby or at least not much land around. While I still want to live in a mountain near a swap I now want that ocean. This will really help me with my food problems and I'll not say why :p

• I was thinking on joining again, but after seeing so many big names forming teams, i am not sure anymore, i would also need to enroll again, i guess... also the info about the servers is kind of messy to little me. ATM the only server that seens to atract me, would be Bloody GT5u.

Check my channel on YT for finished LPs (GT4 and GT5 ), and some stuff on 1.6.4
    I am realy not good with speech and english.