[AddOn v1.43/v1.64] Advanced Machines V3.2 Beta 2

• Personally, I don't touch any of the advanced machines until I can support them idling all the time. I realize this is more troublesome if you are trying to setup deep mining base where solar and wind power aren't feasible.
    Unless you have Buildcraft tubes taking up your space or something, you just have to put a block next to them and power that, say on top, in order to control them individually. If you aren't using Red Power 2, you could use arsenic87's hotfix, which neither has the indirect redstone thing, nor has forge ore dictionary support that cpw's hotfix has. Just some thoughts for ya.

Yea, i would avoid doing that, except that I wasn't thinking that hard at the time. I could easily attach a block on top of each of them however, and power them like that, so I think I will do that, at least if needed (isnt needed now however)

• I've got mine lined up against the back wall of my shop - wired from beneath and a lever on the wall above each. But I left a space between each of them, into which I put, a recycler, canner, and workbenches. Works well enough for my needs.

• can i use it with the latest ic2? i dont want to even try cause i dont want to have to reinstall ALL my mods (i have got like 20 installed)

• I don't know why people have trouble redstone wiring these machines up... you guys DO know that you can place levers directly on the machines, right?

Ofc, Thats what Ive been doing for the past, uhm, Several server itererations.

The issue is that the newest version makes it so that the power works still at *low* level, meaning that if they are touching, not only is the one you place the lever on powered, so is any adjacent one. I have now taken to placing levers on the floor in front of them, although my power sources is now suffiient to supply them fine.

• I don't know why people have trouble redstone wiring these machines up... you guys DO know that you can place levers directly on the machines, right?

Yes - and you DO know that the lever you place on one machine will power the adjacent ones as well? That's the issue we were discussing.

• Hm, I seem to have a problem here. Everytime I try to log into my server it tells me that I dont have the latest versions of this addon installed into my client. It clearly says v2.1 in my mods folder.

• Hm, I seem to have a problem here. Everytime I try to log into my server it tells me that I dont have the latest versions of this addon installed into my client. It clearly says v2.1 in my mods folder.

what's on the server? v2.1 is only for 1.15, v1.23 is the latest version and the tempfix version for 1.23 is back a page or two.

• I have the latest on both. 1.23 I have the temp fixes installed though. It is a bukkit server.

• Ugh, I've tried everything I know of and it still keeps telling me that I dont have v 2.1 installed for advanced machines.

• advanced recycler NEXT;) then all 4 machines are done for the upgrade if u make this happen its a perfect addon :thumbup:

1: English.. "u" is a letter, not a word
    2: why? the regular recyclers are plenty fast as is. I've got 4 that can keep up with a quarry just fine. Not the quarry and cobble generator though. Although given how much scrap it either produces i'm fine with this.

• Can someone explain why I always get this error when I try to install this mod in 1.8

I hope someone can help me with this.

NVM I just had to look through some posts.

• 2: why? the regular recyclers are plenty fast as is. I've got 4 that can keep up with a quarry just fine. Not the quarry and cobble generator though. Although given how much scrap it either produces i'm fine with this.

It's not an issue of speed, it's an issue of capacity. You basically have to babysit the thing if you want to get any useful amount of scrap from it. It just needs a bigger hopper - and perhaps an extra output slot (but that's not strictly needed).

The basic recycler can chew through a stack of whatever in about a minute - and you get maybe 8 scrap for it. Wouldn't it be nice if you could load several stacks in, and tend to it say, 10 minutes later and get a stack of scrap?

• It's not an issue of speed, it's an issue of capacity. You basically have to babysit the thing if you want to get any useful amount of scrap from it. It just needs a bigger hopper - and perhaps an extra output slot (but that's not strictly needed).

The basic recycler can chew through a stack of whatever in about a minute - and you get maybe 8 scrap for it. Wouldn't it be nice if you could load several stacks in, and tend to it say, 10 minutes later and get a stack of scrap?

again... why? just use Buildcraft, the only reason the others have a bigger hopper is because you can get that much output with a single input stack.

• Why not just use buildcraft? Well, you could, but note that hooking up 12 or so macerators to MAYBE match one induction furnace is a bit extreme, as is properly splitting the materials right. So we have rotery macerators. That seems to be the idea of this mod, adding faster & better versions of the basic machines, modeled on the induction furnace. So I see no real reason not to add a recycler, possibly with ~8 input slots, for the same reason.

• Can you please post a more in depth instruction as how to install this addon, i really like the idea but every time i try to install minecraft crashes. '

Thanks