[AddOn v1.43/v1.64] Advanced Machines V3.2 Beta 2

• Official Post

Hello all, and welcome to Advanced Machines. All right, I really need to stop looking at suggestions now. Someone posted a comment on the forums recently stating that rather than "advanced" solar panels, there should be "condensed" solar panels. I thought it was an ingenious idea (though the proposed recipes/outputs was horrid) and set about doing just that. This means that Advanced Machines is proud to introduce the Solar Arrays! These arrays are, put simply, a group of solar panels. they work exactly as their basic counterpart, except for the output EU/t. Please note that the Solar Arrays have a SEPERATE block ID, meaning that the total IDs this mod uses is now 2. Currently the only bug I have is that I have not yet fixed the drop settings, so you can break the Arrays with your drill to retrieve it. A wrench does also work though. Remember to post bugs here, and I will attempt to fix them. And cpw strikes again! Thank him for the Bukkit port.

The 3.2 beta version is SINGLE PLAYER ONLY at the moment. This version is a direct port of my 3.1.1, modified to use less of the IC2 base files. I will be releasing an SMP version shortly, but there are a couple of small quirks to work out first.

3.2 Beta 2 Known Bugs:

OK guys, Beta 2 is out now. Fixes/Changes are as follows:

• Shift-Click no longer causes crash. Still not quite right, but no accidental crashing.
    • The config file works again!
    • The Solar Arrays will give off appropriate power again!
    • The containers don't properly update in SMP.

This means that at the moment, the original machines are useless in SMP. The Solar Arrays on the other hand produce their power in the tileentity, so they will properly produce power, but only externally, meaning these only work with cables, storage devices, and other machines. They will not, however work with batteries.

On the To-Do list are:

• Implement explosion when the machines receive too much power.
    • Fix the drops of Solar Arrays (Will currently drop themselves in all cases).
    • Implement recipe config options.
    • Finish fixing Shift-Clicking quirks.

Enjoy, and remember to post all unlisted bugs. They are easier to squash when I can see them.
    Requirements 3.1.1:
    Minecraft 1.0.0
    Industrialcraft 1.42 or later

Requirements 3.2:
    Minecraft 1.1.0
    Industrialcraft 1.64 or later

Optional:
    Buildcraft 2.2.5 or later

Images courtesy of Eagleblade

Note: The Centrifuge Extractor recipe uses Electrolyzed Water Cells

Solar Arrays Recipes(No images yet:(

LV Solar Array:

:Advanced Machine: :Advanced Machine: :Advanced Machine:
    :Advanced Machine: :HV-Transformer: :Advanced Machine:

Where :Advanced Machine: = Solar Panel and :HV-Transformer: = LV Transformer

Outputs 8 EU/t

MV Solar Array:

Where :Advanced Machine: = LV Solar Array and :HV-Transformer: = MV Transformer

Outputs 64 EU/t

HV Solar Array:

Where :Advanced Machine: = MV Solar Array and :HV-Transformer: = HV Transformer

Outputs 512 EU/tick

Please refer to the Preview Video to learn about all the new features:

Preview Video (Courtesy of Direwolf20)

To Install:

Place the zip into the mods folder

If you get a NoClassDef error, rename the zip folder by adding a z to the beginning.

Hope you enjoy!

• I can´t seem to get it to work how do you install it properly.

it shows up in tmi but when I place it the game crashes, and if I try to craft it normaly the recipe doesn´t work.

• Got a download from me at least... Great work! Now I know what to put into my adv. factory that I'm building (plus with the tele-pipes that were just released...)

Edit: Testing it now, and unfortunately, pipes take objects from the wrong sets of slots while trying to use this... (Stealing from input slot 1st before output slots)

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Official Post

Edit: Testing it now, and unfortunately, pipes take objects from the wrong sets of slots while trying to use this... (Stealing from input slot 1st before output slots)

I've noticed this and have begun testing to see if I can fix it. Hopefully I don't have to completely change the code for this, but we'll see.

On a related note: Updated the mod! V0.95

I've fixed the lever bug, and disabled placing items into the output. Updated link in OP.

• Well, I'm beginning to think it's not just your machine that's doing it, and just a bug on buildcraft's end... other than that, the machine works fine... So kudos for the great work!

Edit: Found a work-around using wireless Redstone+Toggle Gates from MoreAI's mod...

T--R

where:
    T: Toggle Gate
    --: Redstone
    R: Wireless Redstone reciever...

Basically transmit on the reciever once one set of machines have finished their jobs, and the toggle will remain active after transmission to pump all items out of said machines.. Repulse to shut off the pumping process..

Edit 2: Work around is still valid if you accidentally find yourself back-logged with a bunch of unsmelted/unmaceated inventory...

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

• From a quick look on the code I think the reason it is called unnamed is because you don't have ModLoader.AddLocalization in the code
    since I have been unable to decompile IC2 correctly I haven't been able to test if that is the reason

• From a quick look on the code I think the reason it is called unnamed is because you don't have ModLoader.AddLocalization in the code
    since I have been unable to decompile IC2 correctly I haven't been able to test if that is the reason

Nargon was nice enough to upload his MCP patcher file for IC2. Just follow his instructions in the post on were to put and you should then be able to get IC2 to decompile with MCP. Link to post: http://forum.industrial-craft.…read&postID=5558#post5558

All people dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in
    the dusty recesses of their mind, wake in the morning to find
    that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous people,
    for they dream their dreams with open eyes, and make them come true.
    --T.E. Lawrence

• My attempt to showcase this (along with a second) add-on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1LbElxWuEU

Edit: The flaw that I showed in the video was NOT a misplacement of pipes, but a bug where buildcraft deposits items into output slots now instead of input slots...

• Nargon was nice enough to upload his MCP patcher file for IC2. Just follow his instructions in the post on were to put and you should then be able to get IC2 to decompile with MCP. Link to post: http://forum.industrial-craft.…read&postID=5558#post5558

Thank you, was able to decompile and recompile it correctly now, Adding

Code
    ModLoader.AddLocalization("blockRotary.name", "Rotary Macerator");

to the code did indeed fix the unnamed problem

here is the fixed mod_IC2_rotary file until zippinus fixes it himself for those interested: http://www.mediafire.com/?nrpkd4jrln86746

quick edit: well nvm, it only fixes the name for the blocks once they get placed once or edited in with TMI or similar, newly crafted ones still got the texture problem and unnamed

Final edit: The recipe gave the block the wrong metadata, 1 instead of 0, updated the link with that fix too, now they got both the right name and the right texture when you craft them