breeding 2-4 redwheat results in anything but redwheat?? MC 1.7.10 latest ic2 experimental build

• Okay so i got redwheat in a dark place with placing redstone torches and crossbreeding 2 stickreed
    but then i tried to get more by cross breeding the new redwheat with a stickreed or other plants it took me like a day and i think i got another one with aurelia and it seemed next to impossible to get redwheat. So then i went to creative and have tried crossbreading just 2 redwheat or just 3 redwheat or just 4 redwheat so the chances for getting redwheat should be like huge but i only get hops and ferru and stuff i cant get redwheat at all...

• How dark do you have it? Redwheat requires light level between 5 and 10 inclusive (per FTB wiki), so the crossbreeding plot could be out of range even if the parent crops have the correct amount of light.

• no the light level isn't the issue cause the place where i have the crossbreeding sticks like where a new redwheat plant should emerge, before putting two crops(in the cross formation) i tried planting some redwheat on that place and it was fine like it allowed me to plant it, if the light isn't ok it doesnt allow you to plant redwheat seeds

• Official Post

Have you tried doing the same with other crops? I've seen things like normal wheat and reeds do the exact same thing before.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

For testing purposes you can cheat IC2:itemDebug in and use the accelerate x100 mode.

SINCE WHEN?! Does it work with brewing too?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Ok, thanks for the advice to speed up stuff
    i made a new world and tried it like this

i got one redwheat on the second pic
    i still feel like its to hard to get it i mean that was just by breeding redwheat and i mostly got netherwart i dont know if thats normal all other plants felt normal breeding just 2 of the same resulted in the parent crop 90% of the time
    EDIT:
    ok i seriously don't know why it isn't working for me i thought maybe some other mod interfered or something so i removed all mods except IC2 (the newest 767 build) and NEI cause i need it to cheat in the debug thingy and the seeds and i loaded a new world and this happens

if ur wondering why its out in the open i dont think it would matter i
    just dont want to bother building something so i set it to night and do
    the gamerule where i disable day night cycle
    on the previous pic i built it inside and got a redwheat but still 1 out of four by breeding only redwheat seems just wrong

• its insufficient? really why can i plant redwheat seeds on that block then ? ive tried many different setups too and still no luck... the ones on the pic were just what i was doing recently cause i do it quick for testing and since i could plant redwheat in the middle i thought the diagonal redstone torch light level is withing range

also on the second pick i used the cross formation with diagonal redstone torches and a redwheat spawned??? So i dont see how its insufficient...

• its insufficient? really why can i plant redwheat seeds on that block then ? ive tried many different setups too and still no luck... the ones one the pic were just what i was doing recently cause i do it quick for testing and since i could plant stuff in the middle i thought the diagonal redstone torch light level is withing range

Like Chocohead said, being able to plant the seeds isn't always a good test. Seeing if the planted seeds actually grow to the next stage in that location is probably more reliable. Also, the mod Wawla ("What are we looking at", an extension of Waila) can show light levels on the crop sticks.

• yh, the redwheat in the middle with the diagonal placed torches does indeed grow to the final stages so it seems fine but anyway I solved the problem for me.

I picked an older version at random namely version 747 and now i get redwheat MUUCHHH MUUUCH easier. So i can only assume ther's a bug with the never versions of IC2 maybe its just in my case but yeah, what build IC2 did you Player use? Now i wonder which is the best IC2 release with functioning redwheat to play that ...