Water District

• I am building a city in experimental and am trying to figure out a way to deliver water without using massive amounts of eu with fluid regulators. If the water is flowing, I want to be able to turn it on and off for maintenance. I have tried simply having it flow through a tunnel, but this makes it difficult to access, and it has to go down a block every 7 blocks, so it is very distance-limited. Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

• Well with IC2 only it's going to be quite difficult, maybe you should get Buildcraft since it has some pretty good fluid pipes. It won't be hard to set them up and the flow can be turned on or off, they will still have water in them after the water flow is turned off (unless something uses it all up in which case they won't have any more), but that shouldn't be a problem because if you break them while they still have water inside it won't get out, it will just disappear.

• Well with IC2 only it's going to be quite difficult, maybe you should get Buildcraft since it has some pretty good fluid pipes. It won't be hard to set them up and the flow can be turned on or off, they will still have water in them after the water flow is turned off (unless something uses it all up in which case they won't have any more), but that shouldn't be a problem because if you break them while they still have water inside it won't get out, it will just disappear.

I am trying to avoid installing a lot of mods due to lag/crashing issues I have had in the past, but I will take a look at it.

• I currently use Buildcraft with IC2 and quite a few other mods (84+ in total, including NEI and all the utilities) and it runs alright.

• Official Post

OK, necropost... but in 1.10 you could use tanks with either Fluid pullers or Fluid Ejectors. Not SUPER cheap, but not too bad. If you need it shut off, pull the ejector / puller from the start.