ic2 + galactic craft = Solar wind power

• It's a nice idea but considering this will be up in space, in the same dimension with a space station perhaps, you'll need a cross-dimension way to get the power to your base (unless you use it for that same space station) as a cable just won't work. In that article a laser beam was mentioned, which could be done to have the laser in space and a receiver on the ground but only at a certain location since this laser beam has to be pointing straight at it.

• You could just setup this high in the sky, probably by bumping the height limit to 1024.

Java script, which happens to be the language in which minecraft is coded

• It's a nice idea but considering this will be up in space, in the same dimension with a space station perhaps, you'll need a cross-dimension way to get the power to your base (unless you use it for that same space station) as a cable just won't work. In that article a laser beam was mentioned, which could be done to have the laser in space and a receiver on the ground but only at a certain location since this laser beam has to be pointing straight at it.

Maybe it will involve the minecraft beacon (it does look like laser shooting into space)

• Height limit would have to be over a hundred kilometers if we were to set that thing on space.

OR, we could just launch it as a probe, and it would say it was in orbit, without having to increase height limit.

• Idea seems neat ( gonna bug speiger :D ) no joking Speiger :P , I would see this in exp but not in classic :P

also how come MC aztec have a macerator with 6 posts O.o ? Same for speiger who got way less posts than me :P

• Power can be transferred from anywhere in any dimension to anywhere in any dimension with enderchests transporting charge carriers (most efficient), endertanks transporting a fluid carrying energy (steam or electrolyzed water) and returning water (or whatever fluid you're using, in the energy-lacking state - if any other really exists), or just Thermal Expansion tesseracts if you're okay with 25% loss.
    For a laser transmitting power back, it should be designed to calculate a direct line of sight to the receiver in the overworld from the laser transmitter in the Space dimension, plus some huge distance between. It can be calculated somewhat trivially; by first getting the hypotenuse of a triangle formed by the X-distance difference and the Z-distance difference between the transmitter/receiver, then getting the hypotenuse of a triangle formed by the cosmic distance compensated Y-difference between the transmitter/receiver and the hypotenuse of the previous triangle - which is exactly the cosmic distance compensated distance between the transmitter and receiver.
    Using stuff from those calculations and a decent laser beam entity, you can make both the transmitter and receiver "shoot" the beam towards eachother, for the purpose of making it look like a single beam in two separate dimensions, and for burning players/mobs that go through the beam. If for any reason a block passes between the beam, it should be burned with the energy currently being transferred through the beam, which may be enough to cause an instantaneous explosion damaging other blocks and releasing fire. The receiver block should be the only block capable of absorbing the beam, so if a block nearby is exploded and the receiver is broken in the explosion, the beam should extend in the direction opposite where it was started from (the exact location of the receiver), burning through blocks at a rate relative to the energy being transmitted.
    Laser beam burning through bedrock should be configurable; but if it's made possible, it would be nice to create a "lava flooding" effect to occur as soon as the bedrock is broken - the beam must then be sustained in order to vaporize the lava and prevent it from flooding the whole world, until the hole can be sealed off with a strong enough material.
    The laser transmitter could also be used as a weapon, if the owner of it decides not to link it to a receiver - a location in the overworld dimension or the space dimension must be selected, but it would be simpler than looking up the receiver in a list before establishing a connection in order to begin transmission (although it would require some advanced logic, to determine where exactly along the beam-line to begin burning blocks, and if there's enough receivers in the way along the path, they should receive the beam and convert it into power instead of being destroyed - which would be even more complex). It would also be possible for the laser transmitter for power to be an upgraded model of a laser beam transmitter that's just a weapon.

There is plenty of potential involved, in what could be made out of the idea.

• Power can be transferred from anywhere in any dimension to anywhere in any dimension with enderchests transporting charge carriers (most efficient), endertanks transporting a fluid carrying energy (steam or electrolyzed water) and returning water (or whatever fluid you're using, in the energy-lacking state - if any other really exists), or just Thermal Expansion tesseracts if you're okay with 25% loss.
    For a laser transmitting power back, it should be designed to calculate a direct line of sight to the receiver in the overworld from the laser transmitter in the Space dimension, plus some huge distance between. It can be calculated somewhat trivially; by first getting the hypotenuse of a triangle formed by the X-distance difference and the Z-distance difference between the transmitter/receiver, then getting the hypotenuse of a triangle formed by the cosmic distance compensated Y-difference between the transmitter/receiver and the hypotenuse of the previous triangle - which is exactly the cosmic distance compensated distance between the transmitter and receiver.
    Using stuff from those calculations and a decent laser beam entity, you can make both the transmitter and receiver "shoot" the beam towards eachother, for the purpose of making it look like a single beam in two separate dimensions, and for burning players/mobs that go through the beam. If for any reason a block passes between the beam, it should be burned with the energy currently being transferred through the beam, which may be enough to cause an instantaneous explosion damaging other blocks and releasing fire. The receiver block should be the only block capable of absorbing the beam, so if a block nearby is exploded and the receiver is broken in the explosion, the beam should extend in the direction opposite where it was started from (the exact location of the receiver), burning through blocks at a rate relative to the energy being transmitted.
    Laser beam burning through bedrock should be configurable; but if it's made possible, it would be nice to create a "lava flooding" effect to occur as soon as the bedrock is broken - the beam must then be sustained in order to vaporize the lava and prevent it from flooding the whole world, until the hole can be sealed off with a strong enough material.
    The laser transmitter could also be used as a weapon, if the owner of it decides not to link it to a receiver - a location in the overworld dimension or the space dimension must be selected, but it would be simpler than looking up the receiver in a list before establishing a connection in order to begin transmission (although it would require some advanced logic, to determine where exactly along the beam-line to begin burning blocks, and if there's enough receivers in the way along the path, they should receive the beam and convert it into power instead of being destroyed - which would be even more complex). It would also be possible for the laser transmitter for power to be an upgraded model of a laser beam transmitter that's just a weapon.

There is plenty of potential involved, in what could be made out of the idea.

Well generally you're pretty much right, it has a lot of potential, there's only 1 thing I'd like to mention, I don't quite think electrolyzed water is such a good option. It can't be transfered or used outside cells so the only way is to send those over trough enderchests (belive me I tried putting it in tanks, especially endertanks) and the cells charge and discharge quite slow so I belive that if large amounts of power (where loss is not such a big deal I mean) are involved steam may be the way to go, unless, of course, electrolyzed water will be transferable by pipe in the near future.

• Official Post

Thermal Expansion tesseracts if you're okay with 25% loss.

There is no loss with them anymore

the cells charge and discharge quite slow

Not with MFSUs they don't. At least if you compare to emptying them in a Batbox or CESU. There's also no loss, you get the full 20k EU back.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• There is no loss with them anymore

Not with MFSUs they don't. At least if you compare to emptying them in a Batbox or CESU. There's also no loss, you get the full 20k EU back.

All of it? There is no more loss? That's good to know, but it still doesn't sound like the best way to transfer power across dimensions.

• I thought electrolyzed water was transferable through pipes, as it is a fluid. Oh well, that means now the best way to transfer power between dimensions would be to charge lapotron crystals in the MFSU, automatically pull them out when full and cart them off to an ender chest, pull out the filled crystals in the base or wherever and pop them into an MFSU to drain them, then send the drained ones back through the same ender chest, to be taken out at the charging station and recharged. You would need some way to selectively extract the crystals based on how full they are.

• Official Post

I thought electrolyzed water was transferable through pipes, as it is a fluid.

It was never a fluid, but you can still move the cells about in normal item pipes if that's want you want to do.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I thought electrolyzed water was transferable through pipes, as it is a fluid. Oh well, that means now the best way to transfer power between dimensions would be to charge lapotron crystals in the MFSU, automatically pull them out when full and cart them off to an ender chest, pull out the filled crystals in the base or wherever and pop them into an MFSU to drain them, then send the drained ones back through the same ender chest, to be taken out at the charging station and recharged. You would need some way to selectively extract the crystals based on how full they are.

Buildcraft pipes with gates set on pulse and a few other settings can be used to pull out empty (or full) crystals or any other EU storage item and transfer them. As for the enderchest, the EnderStorage's EnderChests are best suited for this because they link together based on matching colour paterns, but I think those are the ones you meant, if not I reccomend them instead.

• Buildcraft pipes with gates set on pulse and a few other settings can be used to pull out empty (or full) crystals or any other EU storage item and transfer them. As for the enderchest, the EnderStorage's EnderChests are best suited for this because they link together based on matching colour paterns, but I think those are the ones you meant, if not I reccomend them instead.

Yes I always use ChickenBones's EnderStorage Ender Chests because they have the color-coding feature and are compatible with pipes, unlike the vanilla enderchest