[BUG 1.00] Miner drains energy after the mining cycle.

• OK, miner can charge tools. And it is cool. But, after the mining, it discharges the scanner, and i think, it is trying to charge it again... So, it drains energy from the MFSU or whatever until the MFSU is completely dry.

Cutiemark crusaders - engineers, Yay!
    Blown up: Industrial Blast Furnace, Industrial Wiremill, Singularity compressor, Extractor.

• I was actually about to report the same bug, the miner sucks up energy even when it's not doing anything.

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• i only had this problem when i hit the void (because of the bedrock miner bug)

MinecraftChicken is yummy
    MinecraftCow is mooey
    MinecraftPig is oinky
    :Mining Laser: is pewy
    MinecraftCreeper is EXPLOSIVE!!
    RUN AWAY!!

• Official Post

i only had this problem when i hit the void (because of the bedrock miner bug)

This.

The miner theoretically MUST get stuck somewhen. Which is the point where it will stop powering the scanner in an attempt to find ressources.
    With the bedrock bug this pre-requirement isn't given, thus this bug happens. Already fixed for next release, afaik.

• OK, thank you for the explanation.

Cutiemark crusaders - engineers, Yay!
    Blown up: Industrial Blast Furnace, Industrial Wiremill, Singularity compressor, Extractor.

• Personally, I am surprised it doesn't waste a ton of pipes when it gets to the bottom.

Some world generation setups laves the void at the bottom, like Biospheres, so I think adding a method to handle this is a good idea, if only for comparability.

• This is also present as a non-bug if the miner hits a fluid the pump is supposed to drain but which is not drained (EG due to being out of cells).