Fusion Power!

• Basically, if you dont know what fusion is, it's a reaction when 2 eg. hydrogen atoms are going so fast that when they crash the make one helium atom and release energy. Some countries are actually(dunno which ones, just wrote some) planning to make a fusion reactor in France, tho they don't yet know how to make one, for information reasons. It would be awesome(my opinion) to include a fusion reactor to the game. You could make a maching that seperates H2O into hydrogen and oxygen, and the reactor would accept that and make energy and release helium. tho it does take a lot of energy to speed up atoms, so it wouldn't be sooo efficient and you can make so the machine takes a long time to make hydrogen, to stop players getting billions of EU from the reactor. Also what would be a cool feature is the ability to use the helium to make other elements and also those elements until you hit iron ofcourse, because it takes a lot more of energy to fuse iron than you get. Also, mod-crossovers! It would be awesome that you can use the umm... the mod that has the helium and NaK coolant cells and use helium in the reactor. And would be cool that you can fuse iron to make other stuff like gold and platinum. So, whatja thinkin'?

• Official Post

It would be awesome that you can use the umm... the mod that has the helium and NaK coolant cells and use helium in the reactor

You mean we could use the helium you get from running the Gregtech Fusion reactor in an IC2 Fusion reactor?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• So you mean gregtech? Right? :rolleyes:

Basically, if you dont know what fusion is, it's a reaction when 2 eg. hydrogen atoms are going so fast that when they crash the make one helium atom and release energy. Some countries are actually(dunno which ones, just wrote some) planning to make a fusion reactor in France, tho they don't yet know how to make one, for information reasons. It would be awesome(my opinion) to include a fusion reactor to the game. You could make a maching that seperates H2O into hydrogen and oxygen, and the reactor would accept that and make energy and release helium. tho it does take a lot of energy to speed up atoms, so it wouldn't be sooo efficient and you can make so the machine takes a long time to make hydrogen, to stop players getting billions of EU from the reactor. Also what would be a cool feature is the ability to use the helium to make other elements and also those elements until you hit iron ofcourse, because it takes a lot more of energy to fuse iron than you get. Also, mod-crossovers! It would be awesome that you can use the umm... the mod that has the helium and NaK coolant cells and use helium in the reactor. And would be cool that you can fuse iron to make other stuff like gold and platinum. So, whatja thinkin'?

• maybe what he means is a fusion reactor without the rest of gregtech changing the gameplay.

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

• maybe what he means is a fusion reactor without the rest of gregtech changing the gameplay.

Exactly. I never used gregtech with my mods. Even tho other mods have features, that doesn't mean you shouldn't implement something similar. Maybe some people don't like other mods than IC2. If you don't like the idea, maybe antimatter? And please don't tell me they have antimatter in gregtech.

• Exactly. I never used gregtech with my mods. Even tho other mods have features, that doesn't mean you shouldn't implement something similar. Maybe some people don't like other mods than IC2. If you don't like the idea, maybe antimatter? And please don't tell me they have antimatter in gregtech.

But there is really no need to generate even more power if you don´t use GT5u. You can produce more than enough energy with fission reactors...

• I saw anywhere (can't remember where), no fusion energy plan until there is a working prototype in RL, and as far I know there are three projects one in Greifswald,germany, one in western europe (france/gb, have to look for the details) and one in us, but none of the are working yet. the one in Greifswald is the one most finished yet, but still in building.

• I saw anywhere (can't remember where), no fusion energy plan until there is a working prototype in RL, and as far I know there are three projects one in Greifswald,germany, one in western europe (france/gb, have to look for the details) and one in us, but none of the are working yet. the one in Greifswald is the one most finished yet, but still in building.

The "wendelstein 7-x" reactor in greifswald will produce the first Hydrogen-Plasma in this year or the first quarter of 2016 :P . But it doesn´t use a Deuterium-Tritium reaction, therefore it won´t produce net energy.