Is there a way to automate putting energy crystals into a MFE and also removing them?

• I tried this a few months ago using buildcraft gates without any luck. I also tried using Ender IO pipes and setting them to pay attention to Metadata... still no luck.

I tried putting a hopper under the MFE and having the MFE only emit a redstone pulse when it was empty, then using a NOT gate to reverse the signal so that it would emit a redstone signal at all times until it emptied out, which would turn the hopper on and suck otu the crystal... can't remember the issue but that didnt work either.

What I am trying to do is fill up crystals that are hooked to a railcraft boiler and turbine, then have a cart pick up the full crystals and drop off empty ones to be refilled. But I can't get the crystals to stay in the MFE until full, then get sucked out.

Any suggestions?

• Official Post

What sides are you interacting with the MFE? If you insert from the bottom with empty batteries you can pull the full ones out from the top (providing you've filtered it, otherwise you'll just pull it back out immediately).

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

I tried it with EnderIO conduits and it worked too, just being able to filter for full Crystals on the extracting pipe should be enough for any piping system to work.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• ugh... I didnt even think that the side mattered, its been so long since that was a thing. :) Ill try that.

I tried bc gates but had trouble, but could have been me. Ill try removing ffrom the top.