[Suggestion] "Personal Doors" and "Obsidiamond plating"

• ...could we keep the discussion to the suggestion please? I'm sure there's another board for talking about which completely unrelated mods are "retarded"... on the minecraft forum...

• Yes, well I would ask that albalaka upgrade obsidian and Re stone as I asked and about having obsidian behind a wall of re stone well its just like Dezu said:
    "sticky pistons" which can be used to pull away the re stone then easily mine obsidian.
    as it is a 3 layer thick alternating obsidian and re stone containment chamber (which is ALOT of blocks) will still blow through and break external blocks with a not entirely full of uranium Mark V reactor. meaning that 700 blocks of re stone and obsidian (requiring a stack of advanced alloy) is STILL useless I would like a buff

In the end, the only way to have an impenetrable base is to have a small Force Field protected base powered by Water Mill or Solar Panel accessed solely by you always carrying
    an MFS-Unit , Teleporter , Freqtrans (holding internal base teleporter code) and 3 full Lapotron crystals.

• ...What you say gives me an idea for another mod... "Containment Field" : it's a Force Field generator, but with the generator on the outside, capable of containing a nuclear explosion.

• That might work... Albalaka! whay say thee ist the explosion resistance of thine Force field block?

• ahem, lets cut to the chase...
    re. stone is WAY TO FRICKIN EXPENSIVE!!! :cursing:
    to fully coat a reactor and make it safe takes a ton of iron, not to mention all that tin. ;(

What i'm suggesting is a slight (+10) boost in blast resistance for re stone, and a new crafting recipe.
    3obsidian+1stone=1re stone. (shapeless)
    this would not replace the old 8stone+1plating = 8re stone...
    so, obsidian isn't entirely TO overpowered, since you would still need a ton to cover a reactor properly.

• Official Post

Re stone is too expensive? And reactors are cheap then? It's SUPPOSED to be expensive... Bear in mind, that your reactor is not supposed to explode. If you make your reactor right, it's not necessary at all.

And you can get 3 stacks in obsidian, easily, in 10 minutes. Yes, it is overpowered.

• Re stone is too expensive? And reactors are cheap then? It's SUPPOSED to be expensive... Bear in mind, that your reactor is not supposed to explode. If you make your reactor right, it's not necessary at all.

And you can get 3 stacks in obsidian, easily, in 10 minutes. Yes, it is overpowered.

ahem, sorry, typo, meant 3 obsidian+1stone=1 re stone >_>

• Well, I'm a newbie on this forum (lurked a lot, though xD), but I'd like to say that I'd love having iridium-reinforced things (stone, glass, door etc) which are unmovable by pistons, take a lot of time to break (something like 5 minutes with a diamond drill) and are nearly explosion-proof (yes, nearly, like in "10 reactors full of uranium can still blow a layer of it" XD)... a house (or a chamber, in relatively early game) protected with something like a 20 digits combination lock should be absolutely safe, then. And I love combination locks =P

Please, correct my English.

• exchange is extremely retarded mod, ability to convert stones into diamonds for free - lol.

I don't think it's that easy, but from an atomic standpoint, it makes little sense that cobble is the 'base materia' for every ore in the game... (Sidenote: Cobble = pebbled rock, meaning minerals primarily containing SiO2 with alkaline metals (at best). How do you get transition metals (Cu, Sn, Fe) from something that lacks them, much less lacks a valid base total of subatomic material to fuse into said elements being mentioned?)

With that said, any 'hardness' advantage that Obsidian had was lost the moment custom tools/items with higher hardness's were programmed in. Same with bs 5-mans in WoW, you can't program safety, teamwork, or security into a game. These are issues you are going to encounter anywhere on any server, and I doubt Alba can create such an item that can purely make a player feel 'safe' in a SMP setting...

Which is why I think such an idea is unnecessary... If it's also to get something to look more 'industrialized', then nag Alba to get Paint to work on more than just cables :P

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• In the end all material is different amounts of Protons Neutrons and electrons combined in differing amounts and patterns.
    gold has been manufactured in a laboratory in RL it just took so much energy to do so that it would never be profitable to do large scale