yogscast mod spotlight on buildcraft

• i just saw their mod spotlight on buildcraft,and it looks like they'll be doing one on IC2 as well.

for those of you who know what happened with the yogbox and better than wolves,this is a HUGE problem.

prepare for mass spam/noob/troll posts on everything related to the modpack their showcasing.

i'm glad that IC2 has its own forum,the minecraft forum thread will become useless,like the better than wolves one.

• It's MUCH worse than that. They're not showcasing the individual mods as much as a modpack that distributes mods without permission. The creator has refused to even ASK for permission.

• if i saw lewis and simon in real life i would prolly deck them and then kick them while their down they are so incensitive to the modder's copyrights and if they want to do something illegal they do it ... i would punch them so hard *erupts* :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: X( X( X( X( X( X( X(

• It's MUCH worse than that. They're not showcasing the individual mods as much as a modpack that distributes mods without permission. The creator has refused to even ASK for permission.

just saw the post with the modpack on it,this just got 10x worse.
    if possible,maybe alblaka should disable forum registering for a while?

• Oh, s***.

Trolls incoming! Grab your Mining Lasers and set them to Long Range! We got a forum to protect!

Just kidding of course.

• Official Post

I found this in the readme in the modpack download link they provided with their video. The file is on mediafire with ALL of the mods in a giant pack.

I did not get permission from anyone and I didn't even bother asking. The Minecraft modding community is terrible and the egos some of the modders themselves have is incredibly terrible. I simply made this pack because I love these mods and want other people to experience them as well with as little work on their part as possible.

I'm all for making things easier for people, but not from someone with this attitude. People do these mods in their free time. Going out of your way to NOT ask and be polite is worse than any 'ego' the author might have. I frown upon this mod pack.

• I found this in the readme in the modpack download link they provided with their video. The file is on mediafire with ALL of the mods in a giant pack.

I'm all for making things easier for people, but not from someone with this attitude. People do these mods in their free time. Going out of you way to NOT ask and be polite is worse than any 'ego' the author might have. I frown upon this mod pack.

This makes me so angry...
    I wonder how Alblaka is going to react to this Bullshivism :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: X( X( X(

We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.

• Oh my
    they even linked it to this forum

We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.

• in that case,i'm in favour of locking down registration here.

Agreed...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.