HazMat suit should protect from extended range of debuffs

• Preamble (random babbling, ignore):
    I just found myself fighting against an Infernal Mobs skeleton which imposed a Wither effect onto me and killed me quite quickly. After resurrecting I noticed that, because I was priorly working on my reactor automation, I wasn't in my armor, but instead the HazMat suit, so my quick demise probably was warranted ... however ...

Suggestion:
    I started thinking: My HazMat suit protects me from radiation - the smallest particles (and I will ignore that irl HazMat suits work differently and stick to the ingame mechanics) ... so why did I get a withering effect? Which once again got me thinking that of course I was shot at with arrows and took damage - but so did the suit, and even a damages HazMat suit still protects from radiation.

So in the end in my opinion for whatever low physical protection a HazMat offers, it should not only protect against the radiation debuff, but also against at least against the poison and wither effect, because if radioactive particles cannot reach you, then poisonous agents should not be able to, either.
    The list of effects could probably be extended even more, but one that I thought of, Fire/Heat protection, I would clearly dismiss. Being a member of a catastrophy relief unit I know that heat exchange (or rather the lack thereof) is actually a danger not to be underestimated when being in protective gear.

So as a secondary thought, while I think the HazMat should protect from more than just radiation, maybe (if there is a way to actually implement it) it would make sense to also *increase* the damage taken from different sources. "Take no poison damage while suffering twice the fire damage."

Mhh ... maybe even making it impossible to take off the HazMat while on fire? So many possibilities. :)

• Official Post

Pretty sure it already protects from fire damage, I remember going into the nether and making long dangerous pathways purely because my hazmat suit meant I wouldn't burn alive when I inevitably fell off.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I agree with the poison and wither effects, it definitely should protect from them, hell even like harming potions shouldn't get through. I have also always disagreed with using a rubber suit to stop fire damage, it sjould melt too you and kill you quicker, not pospone or in this case stop it all together. Heat damage, to a point, but not straight fire and lava.

• While we're on the subject, I've often wondered how the IC2 hazmat suit prevents radiation damage when there's no lead involved in the recipes at all. And yeah, protecting you from things like poison, toxic gases, and acid makes more sense for the materials it's made from than fire and lava (how does it make sense for Forestry Tropical Bees to be able to sting you when you're wearing an IC2 hazmat suit?). Protection from fire and lava should require materials like asbestos (which exists in GT5 and I think 6 as well) or ceramics.

• That is an awesome idea. Perhaps the hazmat suit would be nerfed and then have some kind of tiers? I have a few ideas:
    1) It could, perhaps, be nerfed, and a special slot can be added in which you place either a lead plate for radiation protection, or somthing ceramical (as suggested by MauveCloud), made from bricks, for heat protection. The items may also have durabilities, so that they need to be replaced at some point. And for poisons, if we're to assume that Mc poison acts when it's inhaled, a gas mask item or a slot for a filter could be added in the scuba helmet.
    2) The hazmat suit may have tiers, or versions, that include the original in the crafting recipe and protect, depending on tire or type, from either heat or radiation, or both. And for poisons, as mentioned above, only perhaps have the filter or gas mask crafted with the scuba helmet while we're going on with the crafting.