Server Installation API Error

• Hello,

I've tried google and using the forum search but haven't found anyone with the same error I am seeing. Hope someone here knows what i'm doing wrong :)

Server runs fine and other mods (that I've tried so far) work fine EXCEPT IC2.

Details:

MC Version: 1.8.9
    Forge Version: 1.8.9-11.15.1.1855
    OptiFine 1.8.9 - HD_U_H5-

I have tried both 2.3.187 and 2.2.820, with 2.2.820 I get a ton of different errors and the server will not start. With version 2.3.187 the server will start but IC2 will not work.

I have also tried with and without the api.jar file for both versions but I get the same results.

The errors below occur when trying to start the server using 2.3.187:

Any help is greatly appreciated!

• I don't know why 2.3.187 is giving you those errors, but it's somewhat questionable to run a server with it given that it's still in a very early beta state.

2.2.820 is for Minecraft 1.7.10, though, so I'm not surprised that the server wouldn't start when using it.

• Official Post

The API classloader issue doesn't actually stop you loading the game or playing with IC2 (it happens client side as well), Forge has appeared to have slightly changed how it loads APIs so it complains how IC2's is loaded from in the mod jar.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.