[Addon V1.112]Modular Force Field System Version 2.2.8.3.6 (SSP/SMP)

• GreatOne : Version 1.0 will be SMP ready when I getting out how it works ;)
    hm for a 100*100 Castle you need 120 * 4 * 8 = 3840 EU/t ok very Bad.

Ranakastrasz: I'll try it and implement....

gmod19: hm... if energy input > energy use capacitor recharge. if energy input < energy use capacitor drained.
    Batbox have 32Eu/t Output you can use it to make a 4 size Defencefield 4*8Eu/t... size 5 need 40 Eu/t and drained the Capacitor..

@All: is 4/8 EU/t pro size too much ??? 2/4 Eu/t or 1/2 Eu/t better ?????

• An indestructible forcefield is nothing to tarry with at will, it aught to cost more than 2EU/t /block
    so keep it at the current or make it atleast 3/6

a forcefield is an advanced technology which should only be used by those who already have extensive power production (nuclear, hydroelectric or advanced solar)
    I have recalculated and found that a single mark II-E nuclear reactor is unable to even provide the energy to shield itself completely (less than 20% in fact!)
    so I have changed my vote to the lowest possible, but the calculations are already using the lowest possible (!!!) I had envisioned 2-3 nuclear reactors being able to power a small base worth of shielding
    so I suggest that you use a formula of resistance (akin to the wiring system) which with the first few blocks charges 1/2 EU/t (Make it cost a % of EU/t say 0.65 and round it up to the nearest whole number like high voltage cable does with single pieces of cable and simply make it double percentage for the damage effect.

• An indestructible forcefield is nothing to tarry with at will, it aught to cost more than 2EU/t /block
    so keep it at the current or make it atleast 3/6
    a forcefield is an advanced technology which should only be used by those who already have extensive power production (nuclear, hydroelectric or advanced solar)

you will need 3 super mega mark4-5 nuclear reactors to protect my castle :Reactor:
    and on server you cannot use redstone automatic shut down soo better get 1eu/block
    2eu for atack force field
    if you just use normal house about 8x8 you will need about 64eu with 1eu/block it is quite big price but it is reasonable
    but using 240+ eu per tick for small house i dont think it is reasonable

(of course we can use small FF and use fence and other stuff but for more industrial look i what to have all walls of ForceField at least 2 blocks high :!: )

• I will measure out some things related to energy production and get back to you on this
    I edited my post above
    have a look at it!

• Version 1.9.3 is ready:

Energy Storage up to 100.000 Eu is also necessary Max Energy Use up to 2040 EU 8) ...

Why 2040 EU / t ? !?!? find it out yourself... :whistling:

• Just to say it, even with 1eu/block this thing will drain energy like there's no tomorrow if you use it for area protection. For example a 10*10*10 cube contains 488 border blocks!!! 8|

• Version 1.9.3 is ready:

Energy Storage up to 100.000 Eu is also necessary Max Energy Use up to 2040 EU 8) ...

Why 2040 EU / t ? !?!? find it out yourself... :whistling:

I agree that atack force field need to have high energy draining even 4
    but defencive as i told it will cost you really a lot even uu mater doesnt eat soo much and force field form IC1 :Force Field: also wasnt soo firsty for energy

• Yeah, the old forcefield drained like 10 eu for 1 more blocks each side while this one need something to the power of two...

• Yeah, the old forcefield drained like 10 eu for 1 more blocks each side while this one need something to the power of two...

Challange for you Dezuman:
    make a not mark V reactor capable of fully protecting the 7^3 cube around it on the 1/2 EU/t setting
    If C.A.S.U.C. then the coolant storage must be fully contained within that space :P

• The elections are over. And as any politician I have to confess what everyone else wants. What does ..

simply in the Version V0.9.4 you can adjust the consuming in the config :thumbup::thumbup:

• I think a miscommunication occurred with my offset suggestion, Specially, I intended that the offset would be more like the distance between the generator and the wall, kinda like this

:Tesla Coil: = gen, :Force Field: = wall, :?: = spacer

:?::?::?::Force Field:
    :Tesla Coil::?::?::Force Field:
    :?::?::?::Force Field:

this is a 2-radius force field with an offset of 3. This way, I could make a containment field via 4 field generators and facing them inwards, offseting it by one, and setting up a field. The generators could instead be inside the field, and facing outwards, and via the offset, not be touching the field, or intersecting the plane either, so it can be protected by it's own field.

Also, can you only deduct power for force field blocks that are placed, such as if there is already a block of dirt or similar, it probably ought not to place a field there. (although if it reinforces the block, and in the case of a door or torch, makes it impassable/applies damage, I think it is fine.)

Edit: It appears to destroy leavers if they are in the space when the field turns on, but it does not effect doors. It also does not drop a leaver, which I think it should under those conditions. Also, are these actual blocks, or are they simulated blocks (not sure how to say that, is it like just a force field, not force field blocks? Because if so, It would block you moving through a doorway, and also be displayed over-top of the door display, I think. Also, would prevent casting *shadows* in it, assuming any method to destroy the forcefield exists.)

Edit2: Also, can a wrench rotate it just like a power block is? rotate it to face the direction, or dismount it if already facing said direction?

Edit2: Also, can a wrench rotate it just like a power block is? rotate it to face the direction, or dismount it if already facing said direction?

I spoke with "player" He told me the API not include wrench rotate currently...Perhaps in a later version... i hope

I am working on a third mode called "deflector" who created a wall directly in front of the projector with height and width as specified.....

The idea to move the field away from the generator, I'll include in future..... is still a long way until the mod is finished ...

• I also think the power limit is a bit buggy, as it is limited to 512, even with multiple MFSUs hooked up, and reduced in the case of a branch as well. Also, if you have capacity, I think it ought to have a higher limit as well.
    Also, the config does not seem to support fractional values, which I think it should, unless a technical difficulty does not allow that.

• I also think the power limit is a bit buggy, as it is limited to 512, even with multiple MFSUs hooked up, and reduced in the case of a branch as well. Also, if you have capacity, I think it ought to have a higher limit as well.
    Also, the config does not seem to support fractional values, which I think it should, unless a technical difficulty does not allow that.

I believe a technical difficulty would not allow fractional values. BUT, you can have another value, Blocks Per EU calculation, so it would be EUs/Blocks Per.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

I also think the power limit is a bit buggy, as it is limited to 512, even with multiple MFSUs hooked up, and reduced in the case of a branch as well. Also, if you have capacity, I think it ought to have a higher limit as well.

take a HV Transformer and you have 2048 "Extreme Voltage" 8) f you hanging on a cable 2 Batbox you have also not 64 Eu

point numbers would make the calculation and presentation unnecessarily complicated

Blocks Per EU calculation, so it would be EUs/Blocks Per.

Nice Idea but No... you can set usage to 1-2 Eu... if it is not worth just take stone ;(

• Nice Idea but No... you can set usage to 1-2 Eu... if it is not worth just take stone ;(

So in that case, this will still be around 10% the efficiency per block of the old IC1 force field.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.