[Addon V1.112]Modular Force Field System Version 2.2.8.3.6 (SSP/SMP)

• Thanks to you kind sir, my partially constructed space station (with fully functional solar panels) now has a force field to protect it. Ill add more for the panel sections when they're done.

If there was some kind of rep system, you'd be +1000.

Chuckloaders+Space Station+Forcefield= SMP Win IMO

• I still got the bug in SMP that no forcefields are created. Everything else works fine.

The interesting thing is that it does not conflict with an other mod like it seems. it works with all our server mods if I start a brandnew server world.
    But on our existing map .. no forcefields.. I am confused :D (no conflicting block or item IDs, looked through all the config files..)

• In older version it was a common bug for the field to not appear on existing world in smp. How ever everything worked fine on fresh world. I generated a new world on my server after installing the mod and force fields work fine.
    Just try it on the fresh world.

• In older version it was a common bug for the field to not appear on existing world in smp. How ever everything worked fine on fresh world. I generated a new world on my server after installing the mod and force fields work fine.
    Just try it on the fresh world.

Or wait for me to fix it... (if you're using my version, anyway)

Edit:

Code
    if (worldObj.getChunkFromBlockCoords(ffb.getX(), ffb.getY()).isChunkLoaded) {

Chunks use X and Z. Not X and Y.
    *facepalm*
    And that would only happen in SMP, because in SSP it'll load whichever random chunk is at those coordinates before checking whether it's loaded...

Edit 2:
    Revision 3 changes:

• Fixed crash when opening deflector GUI
    • Changed uninsulated to insulated copper cable in recipes
    • Fixed large forcefields not working near bedrock level
    • May have fixed forcefields not working sometimes in SMP if not placed near Z=0 and nobody was near Z=0 to load that chunk
    • Changed TileEntityProjektor.field_queue from a LinkedList to a HashSet - results in forcefields being built in a randomish order instead of bottom-to-top
    • Added slowGenerate config option. If true, forcefields are generated at 400 blocks/second to reduce lag. If false, 400 blocks/tick (=8000 blocks/second). Defaults to true on servers, false on clients.

Edit 3: CraftBukkit port added.

• I always been interested in this mod but have been worried it might be a bit bulky for a larger SMP Server. Since you been playing around with it and you seen some of the things I wanted and would like do you recommend this on my server or would this be one them mods that might cause some serious damage if not just lag but in griefing and such?

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• New Version looks great SSP works but on my Bukkit Server the Blocks do not work... no Error ...

Right klicking on the Forcefield Core does nothing and the Eu Injektor just dissaperes :(

Vanilla Server not tested yet

EDIT: Vanilla works fine exapt the Carmoflage that does not show the right texture
    I think it dosn´t like Redpower that I have on the Bukkit server

• Is there a possebility to open a Field at a small point ? Like a door opend with an ID Cart or something like that ?

(Sry my "art" would not be better ;) )

• Is there a possebility to open a Field at a small point ? Like a door opend with an ID Cart or something like that ?
    (

open a Field at a small point with ID Card is 100% planned for V2.. (ID Card and ID Writer are included in source code)

• How do you make this mod work with Tekkit?

It throws an error if I put the bukkit zip file into the server mods directory.

Here is how to do it. First, delete Tekkit, then reinstall the bukkit versions of the mods one by one fixing any ID conflicts. Teehee.

On a serious note, how in the heck do you expect someone to help you if you can't even tell us what the error is or have a log or anything. This is like telling your mechanic that your car is broken, but not telling them your radio won't turn on. Sad, just sad. X(

End Rant there. :rolleyes:

Edit: Also, go complain to Tekkit, on their forums.

• Not working, dont know why. :( Now i cant protect meh :Reactor: .

• 2012-06-30 18:12:59 [FINE] Found a zip or jar file industrialcraft-2-client_1.97.jar, attempting to load it

that tells me that you have ic2 1.97 installed , read the tag. it says 1.95b which means not gonna work with 1.97.

• You're trying to run the version of MFFS that's compatible with MC 1.1, you need the version for 1.2.5, it's much better tho, way more "stuff" in it anyways.

• This is the error caused by trying to run this in tekkit.

Is it fixable?