[Addon V1.112]Modular Force Field System Version 2.2.8.3.6 (SSP/SMP)

• i make some test with the block cutter upgrade

i put some ores in the border of force field

next active the force field with upgrade (block cutter upgrade)

test world (see the minimap) :D

almost all item in (vanilla) are destroyed
    furnaces
    tables work and enchanted
    musical box
    pistons
    hatch
    doors (all)
    dispenser
    mobspanwner
    nature
    pressure plate
    and more

except (chest, lamps of red stone , dragon egg)

@Thunderdark : you do something for the force field dont destroyed the rails

thank you for this great addon :thumbup:

• Lightone

new version for testing:

force field not destroy blocks or items in default mode

Cuter Mode cuts out everything except Bedrock,Forcefields and liquids...

place a block that has an Inventory behind the projector to collect the dropt Items... ( only wall and deflector mode)

:Force Field::Force Field::Advanced Machine::Rubber Log: <- chest

chest -> :Rubber Log::Advanced Machine::Force Field::Force Field:

:Force Field:
    :Advanced Machine:
    :Rubber Log: <- chest

:Rubber Log: <- chest
    :Advanced Machine:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    maxss:

sitting at your "griefing issue" add in Beta4 : 1 Projector Upgrade "Forcefield jammer upgrade " and 1 new Maschine "Forcefield jammer"
    comming soon :D

Edited once, last by Thunderdark ().

• Hi

i tested the beta4pre

this is the results (all work fine with the block cutter upgrade) , the wall and deflector same way and default force field (does what it is to do), and do some tests with the force field vs force field cutter mode work great dont destroy the other force field, one thing is a griefing issue, when the force field with the cuter mode touch one item inside the othe force field this is distroyed and appear in the chest (maxss explain this issue) and you working a new machine and upgrade for prevent that)

modulator deflector : accept distance modulator and reject streng modulador gui is wrong

modulator tube : accept both the gui is wrong

little suggestion :

subwater upgrade, make this dont destroy oil

other thing

all news are not good

this version have crash with secure station

this the config the secure station

and defence station

this video make some demostration of the crash (previously configure all, and use magic launcher for generate a random user )

crashstation

crash log

or

pastebin

i do the test with beta3 and beta4pre

the beta3 secure station work fine i do the same thing explain above, see next imagen

[----------------------------EDit1------------------------------]

this little video how make a gravity portal (portal gun mod) for testing some crash in the force field

when one of portal is placed in the moon and other is places in a iregular field, the second attracts all material in to inside, except (Bedrock and liquid) is you are attracts to him unto the center, you die in normal mode ( you dont die in the creative mode)

Gravity portal

i placed the gravity portal near to the wall of force field and wait a few minutes, the portal take a massive block of force field to inside when pass more time the game made slow, when you change the portal to other location ( you need 1, 2 or 10 attempts are made near to the wall and before placed portal far to the walls) the game crashes, you enter again you see leaft, sapling and unnamed block (force block) near the spot where was placed the gravity portal (i do some testing and drops change, more unnamed block or leaf or few of both)

i make the test in beta3 and beta4pre

the demostration of the crash

this crash log is to long for paste in the spoiler :Nuke TNT:

pastebin

what do you thing about this issue ? it identical (crash log) to this post

Edited 2 times, last by Lightone: more info, modulars ().

• @ Lightone

modulator deflector : accept distance modulator and reject streng modulador gui is wrong fixed

modulator tube : accept both the gui is wrong fixed

this version have crash with secure station i think fixed

this little video how make a gravity portal (portal gun mod) for testing some crash in the force field i hope fixed ( gravity portal are generally a problem luckily they were shut down on pvp servers )

subwater upgrade, make this dont destroy oil : built over config option "forcefieldremoveonlywaterandlava" (0 = all) (>= 1 = only water and lava)

maxss

"MFFS Sphere projector ForceField Jammer" <-- "beta4pre2" test it... interfere the construction of a ForceField with another generator

Edited 3 times, last by Thunderdark ().

• Hello. I just
    finished watching direwolf20’s mod spotlight on this mod. It looks excellent! I
    can’t wait to try it on my server.

I have two
    suggestions. First, I suggest you change the crafting recipe of the MFFS
    Projector Sub-Water Upgrade to use a bucket of lava instead of a bucket of
    water, because the lava will (representatively) evaporate all water in the
    force field area. Second, (I am not sure if this is already implemented, as I
    did not test it) I suggest you also the user to place a personal chest with ID
    cards next to a MFFS Security Station with a MFFS External ID-Reader Add-on. This
    way other, unauthorized players cannot place their ID card in the chest.

Misspellings
    (based on screenshots in the recipes section): In some item/block names, there
    are two spaces after “MFFS” instead of one (such as the MFFS generator EU injector). Throughout this mod,
    in some places it is spelled projector, and in others it is spelled projektor.
    While projector is the correct spelling, I am not sure if you intended to spell
    it projektor to make it look kool. Please decide on one and make it the same
    throughout this mod. Please begin sentences with a capital letter and end them
    with a period. I have posted how the text at the beginning of your mod should
    be written. Also, please make every item/block name (tooltip) have either only the first word (after MFFS) capitalized, or every word capitalized. Some items need dashes in words, such as Sub-Water and Add-On.

Finally, doesn’t
    direwolf20 deserve a spot on the wall of bug hunters for discovering the bug
    with the MFFS projector strength modulator not working in the MFFS modular projector?

Thank you for
    taking the time to read this. Once again, great job, I hope you consider my
    suggestions. I also hope you understand that all the spelling corrections are
    constructive criticism, for the pure purpose of improving this mod.

Btw, I wrote
    this entire message twice because I accidentally hit backspace and it took me
    to the previous page in my browser, erasing my entire message :( At first
    (after I raged) I was going to just ignore it and not re-write this. I decided
    to re-write this, however, so you can make your mod better.

[Addon V1.97]Modular Force Field System
    Version 2.0_Beta 3 (SSP/SMP/Bukkit)

Addon for IndustrialCraft 2 (1.97): The Modular Force Field System V 2.0

This is a complete re-write of my Modular
    Force Field System Mod. I changed the whole concept to an item upgrade system (like the IC2 Overclockers, Storage Upgrades, and Transformer Upgrades) instead of multiple blocks. I removed the nuclear reactor force fields. I will be adding
    a lot of SMP security features.

There will be
    many updates in a short time. I am in the development phase; I publish new
    features to test immediately.

• Hi

i do some test with the projector strength modulator and synchorn capacitor, when you placed certain number of this (strength modulator) in the appropriate slot and use a synchorn give some message of warning (field to strong >= 5 blocks) this is normal, the problem is when you remove the strength modulator and turn on the projector the syncrorn display a message ( field to strong >= 5 blocks ) you dont a cross the force field you relogin the problems persists, need to put more distance modulator in the projector for a cross the force field or less for working, is weird issue (changes with each attempt) tested in ( beta 3 and beta4pre2)

little video to try explain weird issue

testing of Forcefield jammer upgrade (only is accepted by modulator sphere ) , i thing the modulator cube would have to operate with this upgrade but this is rejected
    i do some test and the result is fine when the jammer is activated and other force field (other user ) touch your force field, the force field to the other user is destroyed and the project that disabled with smoke and drop the modules, the priority is given to first activate a force field the other activate after is destroyed.

little bad news when the other user have a cutter upgrade install, before the force field is destroyed have some destruction in your force field, in the worst case the force with the cutter upgrade can destroy the other project and the same time is jammer,

video for the issue (cutter upgrade)

the other, thing whe you configure the projector with strength modulator the item inside this force block can't be destroyed by the other force field with the cutter upgrade, i do some example with array of generator inside a force field with strength modulator,

video of the example

--------
    the edges of force field (all configuration and modules ) destroy the liquid (tested in all version ) i think this issue is not big deal but is you make pool you do can't swim :P

• So I admit that I am completely stumped trying to add this mod. I even went as far as decompiling the mod to find out the config entries so I could try creating a config but it still is not working.

I first installed the mod into the mods dir and it attempted to load but it is overlapping with some blocks in my IC2 install. The error I am getting is:

So I went looking for the config and found an empty file. Great. After decompiling and finding the config entries, I filled the file with this config:

But I am still getting the same error. It is like the mod is not seeing the config file. Does anyone have a config file that I can try to copy and modify?

As a side note, it appears that your block entries are hard coded defaults using getOrCreateIntProperty. Is it possible to use the auto-detecting getOrCreateBlockIdProperty, which would prevent these errors?

• I have found so far the Sphere-Jammer upgrade in NEI.
    So I set up a regular Sphere projector but it does not generate a force field any more. Even without the Jammer upgrade while the cube for example does at the same place.

Do I miss something?

• Coolfolder:

..I suggest you change the crafting recipe of the MFFS Projector Sub-Water Upgrade to use a bucket of lava instead of a bucket ofwater..

renamed to MFFS Projector Upgrade <Sponge> new recipe 5 empty Bucks instead of one (the fluid must go somewhere)

...I suggest you also the user to place a personal chest with ID cards...

take IC2 Personal chest (see post of metalearza)

Misspellings

THX Post adapted and started to adjust name in the mod

..direwolf20 deserve a spot on the wall of bug hunters..

:Industrial Diamond::Industrial Diamond: <- for Direwolf20 ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    theit8514

Download Beta4pre3 and change "mod_ModularForceFieldSystem2.cfg" IF YOU USE < Beta4pre3 please delete ModularForceFieldSystem2.cfg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    maxss

Bug in Version Beta4pre2 and lower .... projector error if change Typ Modul without new positing. fixed Beta4pre3

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lightone

the edges of force field (all configuration and modules ) destroy the liquid (tested in all version ) i think this issue is not big deal but is you make pool you do can't swim

is by design...would be stupid if somebody submerging it 8|

field to strong >= 5 blocks

I have tested ..distance 1 - > 64 Sphere and Cube in Beta4pre3 no longer appeared....please PM If error still exists

Forcefield jammer upgrade

small changes ....The projector will be destroyed before damage to the landscape

Edited 3 times, last by Thunderdark ().

• Hello, I think I may have found some bugs in Beta4pre3:

First, the security station now seems to let anyone pass, even when there's no personal ID-card in it (only tested in Singleplayer, though).

Second, the new textures are missing the red dot on them while there's a modulator in the projector.

Cheers, Cakejoke

EDIT: I think it would be a good idea if the security ID-cards showed the respective player as a tooltip. Also, the force power generator could show its ID and all frequency cards linking to it could show the ID of the connected generator.

• Cakejoke

First, the security station now seems to let anyone pass, even when there's no personal ID-card in it (only tested in Singleplayer, though).

is not a Bug is a feature

Second, the new textures are missing the red dot on them while there's a modulator in the projector.

fix in Beta4 :Industrial Diamond: -> Cakejoke

EDIT: I think it would be a good idea if the security ID-cards showed the respective player as a tooltip. Also, the force power generator could show its ID and all frequency cards linking to it could show the ID of the connected generator.

player name as tooltip is a good idea.

• is not a Bug is a feature

Ah ok, I thought that might be the case, but since I wasn't able to test it in SMP, I wasn't sure.

fix in Beta4

Awww, no diamond for me? :whistling:

Also, thanks for the update. :)

EDIT1: Back to bughunting: Although the ID-card coder says: "Not enough EU, please charge" when empty, it doesn't actually use any EU. (Beta4)

EDIT2: Aaand, although every broken force field block is immediately being replaced, tools still take durability damage. I don't know whether the blocks are intended to be breakable or not, though. But I guess it would make sense that tools lose durability while trying to smash through some kind of energetic force field...

EDIT1: Back to bughunting: Although the ID-card coder says: "Not enough EU, please charge" when empty, it doesn't actually use any EU. (Beta4)

it use 1000 Eu per use

immediately being replaced, tools still take durability damage

every replaced force field block costs 10 times more EU for regenerate

• it use 1000 Eu per use

Hmmm, that's weird, because after I used it to encode about 7 cards (in SSP, so it might be a secret feature again) and put it into an MFSU with some energy in it, it didn't drain any. Also, the damage bar didn't go down while using it.

EDIT1: About misspelling: <Rang> in the generator upgrade needs an "e", so that it's <Range>.

EDIT2: Derp about ID-card coder: I didn't notice that it used the energy of my Lappack... BTW, is the synchron capacitor supposed to almost completely drain your Lappack in a single use? Would be cool if it could be set to not use Lappack energy, since it's quite annoying to have to charge your Lappack over and over.

Hmmm, that's weird, because after I used it to encode about 7 cards (in SSP, so it might be a secret feature again) and put it into an MFSU with some energy in it, it didn't drain any. Also, the damage bar didn't go down while using it.

Look

EDIT: About misspelling: <Rang> in the generator upgrade needs an "e", so that it's <Range>.

Ups thx

Would be cool if it could be set to not use Lappack energy

Beta5 i will add a config option

• Has this been mentioned yet? The projector upgrade touch damage is not working in Bukkit. Actually, it doesn't seem to work at all...

8|8| BUG !! :Industrial Diamond: <-- for you will be fix in Beta5