[Addon V1.112]Modular Force Field System Version 2.2.8.3.6 (SSP/SMP)

• I guess no one ever tested this, but A Forcefield is completely useless against ICBM Missiles. In general protection against explosions seems to be not strong enough.

Intel i7 990X @ 4,60 GHZ, Asus Rampage III Black Edition, 24GB Corsair Dominator GT DDR3,
    2x Zotac Nvidia Geforce 580AMP 1,5gb, OCZ Revodrive 3 X2 240GB 1GBps,
    1TB Western Digital Cavier Black, 2x Hitachi HDS723030BLE640 3TB, 3x BenQ XL2410T LCD-Monitors

Hosting Minecraft Servers on an Octo Core 32GB Ram Server: http://two66.com/
    Free Space available! If you need a Server let me know!

• Modular Force Field System Policy regarding ModPacks

just ask before you add to you ModPack.
    not allowed in paid ModPacks..download over AdFly is for me paid

I run a few small Forge servers and we are trying to build a private-server mod pack for our community. We will only distribute the pack to members and it will not be openly public. We would love to include MFFS. We would also be happy to link back to here on our wiki page to give you full credit but I do not want to do this without your approval.

Thanks and have a great holiday.

• I feel like an idiot for asking this, but I don't seem to understand the advanced cube. I understand that it is essentially a cube where one can tweak the dimension of the cube, but no matter what, the projector is always touching a wall for me. Is there anyway to fix this? For the build I am doing, I would like to have the force field projector in the more or less center of the rectangle, but still have the custom lengths. Help please. Also, what is the purpose of strength modules in sphere, I see little difference.

• FYI getting these periodically in my server console. They don't seem to be breaking much. Forge build 480

API ERROR: chb.mods.mffs.common.TileEntityExtractor@26068df1 didn't implement demandsEnergy() properly, no energy from injectEnergy accepted although demandsEnergy() returned true.

• FYI getting these periodically in my server console. They don't seem to be breaking much. Forge build 480

API ERROR: chb.mods.mffs.common.TileEntityExtractor@26068df1 didn't implement demandsEnergy() properly, no energy from injectEnergy accepted although demandsEnergy() returned true.

That's normal (and somewhat annoying/spammy), it means that a block that is connected to an E-net is in an unloaded chunk.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Thunder, would there be a way to add special defence stations where they each have a level security, and any personal card placed at the highest security, would have the same security options for the ones below. ( for example if your card is placed at a level five security station for being able to pass the forcefield, then you would have that access for each security station that has a level below 5)

If you have never heard of the Farlands, you're missing out.

The farlands supports GregTech

• Any chance on implementation of a config option that shuts off field notifications. I like to use inventory scanning at spawn for illegal items, but there is no point when players are spammed 3 times a second that they have illegal goods. And option to disable those messages would be nice.

• BIG PROBLEM!
    So as you may know. this mod is in the minecrack pack. And vanilla servers can't run plugins. So i used force fields for personal protection. The problem starts to appear after 3 FF. The server lags, bad, there is a block drop lag of 2-3 seconds. is impossible to use the mod. Is this normal ?i need a rocket as a host to run the mod ? can you fix it ?

• actually I holiday...but a few questions can i reply. :)

TampaPowers

I guess no one ever tested this, but A Forcefield is completely useless against ICBM Missiles. In general protection against explosions seems to be not strong enough.

I answer this question for x times ... Forcefield protected only if mod developer support his.

Watchful11

build a private-server mod pack for our community.

I support in principle private-server mod pack

xaviorm, CrafterOfMines57

Yes i a problem with unloaded chunk..have an idea how I fixed it

Furious1964

Where can I find info on the Defense Station, Sec Storage and Advanced Sec Station?

hm i ask Direwolf to make a new Spotlight if the ControlCenter is done

CrafterofMany
    the Security Station have no levels. it is not a hierarchy built into...but comes to my ideas list

ev3rm0r3

players are spammed 3 times a second that they have illegal goods.

change it in next Version only notification player if have illegel goods and remove it..not spam if only scan

HaoSs

Is this normal ?i need a rocket as a host to run the mod ? can you fix it ?

normal not really ..need more info ..i have Subwaterbase in my word with to time Big 12 Forcefields..and if have a middle class computer

• well the server was hosted on a i7 32 gb ram. so is not the PC.

i had like 3-4 cube force fields. with infinite power card. and 20 range upgrades. the TPS was like 7-8 . and i can only brake 1 block every 3 sec ( 4 or 5 inside the field ). if i brake more before first one drops. all the blocks braked after first reappear. and i need to brake them again.

if you want i can provide my world ( backup before i removed MFFS ) to test yourself.

• well the server was hosted on a i7 32 gb ram. so is not the PC.
    i had like 3-4 cube force fields. with infinite power card. and 20 range upgrades. the TPS was like 7-8 . and i can only brake 1 block every 3 sec ( 4 or 5 inside the field ). if i brake more before first one drops. all the blocks braked after first reappear. and i need to brake them again.
    if you want i can provide my world ( backup before i removed MFFS ) to test yourself.

gladly..3-4 cube Fields with 20 range are nothing..i will testing you world on my system

• I must be doing something odd. How much power does a defence system of just 16 take for NPC's? It's draining in a passive way requiring more then 40 EU/t to keep up with no mobs getting killed.

EDIT:

# How much FE does the AreaDefenseStation when Scann for Targets (amount * range / tick)
    I:DefenceStationScannForceEnergy=10

Holy Crap :P That is a insane amount... 64 upgrades is 780,000 EU in 60 seconds if I'm doing my math right :P

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• I must be doing something odd. How much power does a defence system of just 16 take for NPC's? It's draining in a passive way requiring more then 40 EU/t to keep up with no mobs getting killed.

look in config for "DefenceStationScannForceEnergy" "How much FE does the AreaDefenseStation when Scann for Targets (amount * range / tick)" default: 10

EDIT:

10*64 = 640 FE / Tick 640*20 = 12800 FE / sek * 60 = 768.000FE / 60 sek

ExtractorPassForceEnergyGenerate Default = 10000

(768.000FE/10.000FE) * 4000EU = 307.200 EU

Edited once, last by Thunderdark ().

• look in config for "DefenceStationScannForceEnergy" "How much FE does the AreaDefenseStation when Scann for Targets (amount * range / tick)" default: 10

Thanks, Yeah I guess my players like MFFS to much for just mob defence rather then say legit way lol. I set it to 0 but not only that I set from 10,000 kill to 100 a kill and even that with a 50EU/t can be hard for some of them at a 129x129 area. I guess we got a lot of builder type players.

EDIT: ahh not as bad.

• Thanks, Yeah I guess my players like MFFS to much for just mob defence rather then say legit way lol. I set it to 0 but not only that I set from 10,000 kill to 100 a kill and even that with a 50EU/t can be hard for some of them at a 129x129 area. I guess we got a lot of builder type players.

EDIT: ahh not as bad.

i make the config so everybody do as he likes ;)

Kane Hart have you performance problems with ForceField in you Server ?

• i make the config so everybody do as he likes ;)

Kane Hart have you performance problems with ForceField in you Server ?

TBH, We just started a new world it's about 2 days old only one person tried to set up a mob killer at this time.

• here it is : https://dl.dropbox.com/u/76651664/world.rar
    i used the FTB minecrack server pack v4. i don't know if that is relevant . i just removed the MFFS and the server went from 7 tps to 20 and 0 lag.

This might make some sense then... When we had MFFS on our Public Server we had like 6.66 TPS all the time... But when I had started new private world the TPS ended up staying 20TPS even though we were doing more hardish things on the CPU and even living in the Nether... The one thing we did not have was MFFS running anywhere in forcefield mode and only one location with mob defender.

I never could figure out what caused so many my lag issues and since then my new server I had before the new new one haha like I said was 20 TPS and more mods more features and more usage..