Circuit Breakers to save machines

• Official Post

What about a circuit Breaker, something that breaks the circuit and must be manually reset when the EU goes over a certain level. Such a device could also send out a signal when tripped to shut off reactors or perform other actions.

This is not NEEDED with proper transformer setup, but I still think it would be wanted by some.

• Official Post

I don't know how the energy net works, but I'm going to offer two examples.

1. Circuit Breaker: Receives energy, reads how much was received, then sends energy. If too much is received, do not send energy and stop receiving energy.
    2. Fuse: Receives energy, then sends energy. If too much was received, explode in radius 0. (not sure if wires work this way)

• Official Post

Circuit Breaker: Receives energy, reads how much was received, then sends energy. If too much is received, do not send energy and stop receiving energy.

Could probably be done somewhat like a storage block, so that if the input is too large it stops outputting energy.

Fuse: Receives energy, then sends energy. If too much was received, explode in radius 0. (not sure if wires work this way)

Cables do this anyway

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Not only that. But it would scrap the idea of a EnergyNet that simply takes all this work away. In fact with that system the energynet would be way laggier then any TE-EnderIO system (Yeah i checkt their systems because of improvements in the IC2C Energynet)

Also Aroma no to make that happen you do not need to change much... Actually...
    To be fair Aroma already implemented everything that is needed for that in the EnergyNet API and to make that change work in the EnergyNet itself it needs a coupe small little changes in 1 and the same spot.

To Explain that to aroma:
    You simply add a Extra Parameter that contains the circuit break (like the Energy Component) to a machine and that controls the registration at the EnergyNet. When the machine would explode and it would have that component installed & activated it would use your explosionPreventation API to prevent the explosion. While that it would not get set to air but get thrown out of the energynet...
    And when the player fixes the circuit break it just readds it to the energynet...

So yeah it would be implemented very easy and quick (And i do not like that API addition so i do not support it...)

Edit: I am not helping right?