Electric Crafting table

• Don't you feel to lost time crafting again and again the same copper cable, thousands of copper cables?

The new improvement in technology is the automatic crafting table: Configure your recipe, input resources and energy and let it be!.

Resources can already be extracted, refined and sorted automatically. There are a few recipes (like creating blocks out of ingots) that can be build automatically. But, a general crafting mechanism is missing.
    This is thus the missing steps to an automated industry.

Suggestion of technical properties:

- Energy and resources cost similar to basic machines: compressor, furnace, metal former, etc.
    - upgrades allowed to overclock, tier upgrade, ejector, etc..
    - The interface would have a 3x3 square, in which the user set which component in which position. Those same squares could act as buffer, showing with a little number stacked components (by default 0).
    - Component arriving to the machine will distribute in a equal way: e.g. for a basic machine case, if 8 iron plates arrive, they distribute 1 per square so the recipe can start to build.
    - The energy need to be equal or slightly higher than the compressor, to avoid this item to replace and reduce usability of the compressor.

Attached, some preliminary design to give an idea.

• Lol i just said my opinien on what i through about this idea... I never did speak for the IC2 Team ToadsworthLP.... I did not even know what the ic2 team did think about that idea...

• Official Post

The difference is, that the last time, it was about an AUTOCRAFTING table, this time, it's about a manual, more intelligent crafting table. (At least from what I interpreted into the suggestion)
    An autocrafting table is nothing we want to have, but a little crafting table, that makes crafting less complex is something completely different.

• Looks like I misinterpreted the suggestion!
    I thought he was talking about an autocrafting table, because of this sentence:

The new improvement in technology is the automatic crafting table: Configure your recipe, input resources and energy and let it be!.

Hm, looks like I got that drastically wrong. Sorry :wacko:

• To remove confusion, yes, I speak about automatic-electric device, not improved craft-table.

SEE THE ATTACHED FILE IN MY FIRST POST.

Reading the other topic, it seem that the negative opinion is just about "Other mods have it already". Well, just to say: What if you ONLY play with IC2 like me?

Yes, adding too many mods make the game not being compensated, add a lot of issues, problem to upgrades, etc. And at the end, you found yourself with decisions like: "Spend 20 days creating iridium or use 1 wood plank to craft some cheap magic stuff with the same result".
    IC2 should be autonomous, not dependent on other mods. Personally, I spent days creating a 27*27 square of solar panels with a very complex machinery to refine all resources automatically in chests. I do not want a BC that does all that in 1/10 of time, with a totally over miner. I spent days creating tubes with sorter machines, buffers and ejectors, I do not want that done with BC tubes that magically move stuff through crystal pipes.

So the issues is: Yes, it already exists out in other mods, but those mods also bring a negative impact.