Very bad design Choice in IC2Exp Machines

• Well i readed the IC2Exp source because i was bored and wanted something to laugh about... Yes i am that mean...

Then i was remembered a mail i got that IC2Exp has a very bad performance.... and i started checking why...
    I mean to be fair... IC2Exp is a very overcomplexed mod that could have less complex systems but its normally not very laggy...
    (Lets exclude the enet because thats WIP since 1.6.4 and earlier)

After some randomly rooking around in the Components area i noticed something that was weird to me...

Every Machine that uses the energy component is registered As sink&Source... Which is not a bad thing... When you just do not go in detail. As soon as you think in a Server range you notice one thing... THIS IS A HUGE LAG SOURCE.
    Now you may think: Hey its not a big deal because its just a machine gets added that means its just another null call...
    But if you think in a server range: Every machine gets added it tries to get some detailed information & try to reset data every tick for every machine... So this is a huge lag source...

So here is a huge bugreport that is deep in IC2Exp...

You are creating a huge lagsource by making every generator&machine to a IEnergySink&IEnergySource...
    Even if they do not emit energy they get still used & processed...
    I suggest that you do case based classes instead a "All can use it class" because you creating a lot of lag the more machines (not generators) get placed... (That use EU)

"Well i readed the IC2Exp source because i was bored and wanted something to laugh about... Yes i am that mean..."

Where is your source code so we may laugh about you? I have seen projects with 1000 perfect lines, and project of 20M lines with lot of problems.. still waiting the perfect 20M lines project. If you think you may do a better mod, please, go ahead ;)

IMO, this mod is quite good considering the circumstances.

You have a bug to report? go to the correct forum and do it, be kind, explain the problem deeply, show your tests, etc..

• Where is your source code so we may laugh about you? I have seen projects with 1000 perfect lines, and project of 20M lines with lot of problems.. still waiting the perfect 20M lines project. If you think you may do a better mod, please, go ahead ;)

IMO, this mod is quite good considering the circumstances.

You have a bug to report? go to the correct forum and do it, be kind, explain the problem deeply, show your tests, etc..

xD Well i am trying to tell them a lot of their bugs already and the chance of them keep fixing them is close to 0...
    I have seen them doing stupid changes like removing important addon API just because "They do not need it" but that someone else needs it is not in their mind.
    Their energynet is broken since years and is still not server friendly (i have some messages where people telling me IC2Exp performace = bad)
    And if you want to find my EnergyNet which is based on the 1.4.7 Enet (which they started with) and that has a lot more improvements then theirs. I am not telling that i am the best but i have shown them real issues often enough and they did not get taken care of.
    And the project is managed by 3 people... I have the almost same size project with only 1 person... and i am still updating fixing own bugs etc. As soon i learn something new and it would improve my code then i would apply it.
    So yeah i am tryinig to improve their code and this bugreport is simply a: This is a huge issue...

And i was betting they ignore it and you were the person who answered me...
    If you want to compare our codes: go ahead.
    Here is a link: If you find something that can be improved you find there also a bugtracker. I will take care of it.

Links: https://github.com/TinyModular…ssic/releases/tag/1.2.0.4
    https://github.com/TinyModularThings/IC2Classic/issues/201