So, how do Reactor Coolant Injectors work?

• Forewarning, I am using the latest IC2 build for MC 1.8.9 (running it on a personal modpack).

I found some blocks, called Reactor Coolant Injector (RSH) and Reactor Coolant Injector (LZH), and was super excited, but I can't figure out a way to use them. They don't accept any items (that I've tried) into the 9 slot center grid, and the "I" in the upper left corner of the GUI says that the only upgrade it accepts is a Pulling Upgrade.

Basically, I can't figure out how they work, and there aren't any wiki pages (ftbwiki, ftb.gamepedia, wiki.industrial-craft, etc.) on them except for the old ones from Advanced Repulsion Systems.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

The great thing about a boolean
    is that if you are wrong,
    you are only off by a bit.

(Unknown)

• Official Post

They're quite simple, they're automatic refillers for the RSH and LZH Condensators. The 9 slots are for redstone (if it's an RSH Injector) and lapis (if it's an LZH Injector) blocks, which will be used to repair the equivalent condensators if they're more than 85% used in an adjacent reactor. Of course this is much less efficient than the normal repair recipe (and it also takes 1000 EU per refill), but such is the price of having it done an easy way.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I figured that they would use lapis and redstone to refill, the problem is that they dont accept any items into the slots, and I can't figure out how to add items into the slots...

So... Are they not fully functional in IC2 version 2.3.262?

(Unknown)

• Official Post

They should accept redstone blocks and lapis blocks, which if they don't means it is broken. But they should do.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Probably because the logic to consume 1 item at once is quite simple (and already implemented for other things) whilst the logic to use 9 if it's a certain one but 1 if it's a different one is less so (and isn't). Especially if estebes didn't feel like doing it.

I see this too much.

• Okay, I thought I tried blocks, but maybe not. Also, to re-emphasize, I'm using IC2 for Minecraft 1.8.9, NOT the version for Minecraft 1.10.x

Just in case that might have anything to do with the problem.

Also, the crafting recipie for refilling condensator works with a single item, being tried using lzh only, and refills 40k, as the wiki would state. Will do further testing, now that I know to use blocks... Duh on me for not trying that...

Edit: The only problem with the reactor coolers was generated by a PEBKAC error... Sorry. But thanks so much for helping!
    Also, wiki pages may be needing to be made, outlining the odd nuances of the block, for people like me that can't figure out to just use the block form...

(Unknown)

Edited once, last by Azg99 ().