Suggestion: Holographic Projector

• How about. Instead of a block that needs to generate other blocks like a forcefield generator. You bind the blocks you want to toggle to the main special block using a tool. Then whenever you want to walk through you press your shiny remote and the blocks allow you through.
    There would be a distance issue tho I imagine.

• Epic ness! THIS MUST BE IMPLEMENTED! (its probably not to hard either...)

codeing standpoint, very difficult

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"

• Official Post

FYI - I posted on the ForceField generator add-on post, and asked Thunderdark to check out this forum post. He messaged me saying he likes the idea, and the interface I describe is VERY similar to the interface he uses for the ForceField generator. Hes going to try to work on this for us :).

• I see the awesomeness in this!
    Make a floor comprised of this with a couple solid blocks and you have a game where you have to traverse a hidden path!

• well, if the devs just re-wrote the force-field code a bit and make said bits of (fake) wall 1 block ID w/ dmg values for a few blocks (stone, cobblestone, dirt, glass*,planks) it would be totally do-able, but it would pose the same problem as the force-field did, massive cpu usage for a large field.

note: reduce the possible max. dimensions to 5x5x1

a further note: having a toggle solid/nonsolid by redstone current wouldn't be simple, so, I say have the projector project fake blocks for the time being :/
    (throw on/off toggle on the back burner)

*lol

• First off
    Dude your awesome. I can't wait till it comes out.

Secondly
    When you talk about the solid function, do you mean that the blocks are unbreakable?

• First off
    Dude your awesome. I can't wait till it comes out.

Secondly
    When you talk about the solid function, do you mean that the blocks are unbreakable?

the 'solid function' I speak of is the solidity of the blocks, like, if you can pass thru them or not.
    and yes I am awesome :thumbup:

• Hmm, how would you conceal the projector itself? Will it take on the form of the block you put in it and it is projecting? Or would you need to cover it with blocks? I assume it would be directional and project the image from its "face".

• Hmm, how would you conceal the projector itself? Will it take on the form of the block you put in it and it is projecting? Or would you need to cover it with blocks? I assume it would be directional and project the image from its "face".

take a look at the wall force feild demo video. if he added antoher option of haveing a block pass throughable, and added block camoflause (place a block in GUI to make Force Feild look like said block), then we have a hologram projector!

• Hi,

in next Version of WallForceFieldGenerator i will include first part of a Holographic Projektor Mode.
    Expemple: if you place a dirt block on the outputface of der WallForceFieldGenerator the ForceField will be look "dirt" ;) ...

CPU load issue .. is working with thread pools,hashmap,... ... and various phases (create , update , destroy,... ) that reduction the cpu load ...

• Hi,

in next Version of WallForceFieldGenerator i will include first part of a Holographic Projektor Mode.
    Expemple: if you place a dirt block on the outputface of der WallForceFieldGenerator the ForceField will be look "dirt" ;) ...

CPU load issue .. is working with thread pools,hashmap,... ... and various phases (create , update , destroy,... ) that reduction the cpu load ...

YES! now all you have to do is make a option to make it pass through...