[Addon V1.36] Dynamo -> [BTW v3.0] [IC² v1.23]

• This looks wonderful and awesome! If you added an electric engine (low voltage that overheats if MV is applied and explodes with HV or higher) or a fancy electric engine comparable to the best ones in Buildcraft that accepts MV but overheats from HV and explodes from EV), I would try my best to have all 3 mods installed and tested.

• You are a goddess! Thank you so much for all your hard work at programming this! I guess I should try to install IC2, BTW and BC this weekend (the only mods I currently have are Millénaire and TMI).

• Hell yes! This is splendid work! I absolutely love how you were able to create this kind of work/power conversion!

However, I did find that your config. liked to intercede ID Resolver's protocols, which tbh is a tad weird, but not too bothersome to prevent successful installation...

And I like the recipe choices.. splendid usage of steel and gears. Would probably serve as an excellent reason to manufacture Steel on an industrial level, lol...

But yes, love this add-on! Once I have proper time to field test this, I'll see what kind of effective setups I can create with it (and maybe throw in a video or to, lol)...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• I'll be looking forward to see that ^^

Btw, about the ID conflict with the ID resolver, I had the same problem with the Portal mod, they seemed to conflict, and to tell the truth I have no idea how to fix that. If someone knows please let me know

• Sorry, coding demi-god, since Alblaka himself says he's just human (and demigods are human-ish). Well, I have a question, are you the coder he mentioned that was working on electricity powered motors/engines for buildcraft power (pumping, quarrying, etc)?

• Finally got around with a bug test... works great! Motor's are anal about the current, so you have to set your transformers directly on them (otherwise, the 127 EU current just gets wasted, which irks me a tiny bit)... I also found that the Motor can be quite EU hungry. What's the BTW/EU conversion in that regard?

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

• Finally got around with a bug test... works great! Motor's are anal about the current, so you have to set your transformers directly on them (otherwise, the 127 EU current just gets wasted, which irks me a tiny bit)... I also found that the Motor can be quite EU hungry. What's the BTW/EU conversion in that regard?

Btw/Eu conversion? Humm... Im not sure I understand your question, but, looking just at the motor, that value is.... infinite? :p One motor works like a gearbox, and potentially power an infinite amount of mechanical devices, so I thought it would be necessary to make it so... power hungry :p

Also, if you make 64 dynamos and one motor, you can create a device that powers itself to power itself and power itself... Take that, thermodynamics!

• Would it be possible to create a lower tier motor which would act like the hand-crank - has to be positioned directly next to the item it powers, and can't power any axles?

• Would it be possible to create a lower tier motor which would act like the hand-crank - has to be positioned directly next to the item it powers, and can't power any axles?

Possible, yeah. Am I gonna do it? No :p sorry... I didn't even want to make the motor in the first place, as I don't really see the need for generating mechanical power with electricity, and also for making wind mills and water wheels useless... I only created because I decided using steel and upping the energy usage was enough for balancing issues. So, no, the hand crank stays the way it is.

• ERROR:

MODS:
    ADV machines V2.1
    Dynamo V1.31
    IC2 1.15
    BTW 2.98
    ADV Solar panel V1.15.1.2
    Mobile Pump
    Wall Forcefeildgenerator V0.9.6pre

Can you find my problem?
    It works if i remove dynamo.

oops :whistling:

• Btw/Eu conversion? Humm... Im not sure I understand your question, but, looking just at the motor, that value is.... infinite? :p One motor works like a gearbox, and potentially power an infinite amount of mechanical devices, so I thought it would be necessary to make it so... power hungry :p

Also, if you make 64 dynamos and one motor, you can create a device that powers itself to power itself and power itself... Take that, thermodynamics!

What I'm saying is that, when the motor accepts 128 EU, how much of that EU is converted into the units of BTW mechanical energy? Is it one-to-one conversion, or does it simply state "Yes", you are receiving power now, so it registers the axles as "Active"?

And I honestly doubt you can fit 64 Dynamo's together in order to create an infinite loop of energy for the Motor. Axle angle issues aside, you'll still run into EU current loss, thus defeating said setup...

Edit: Ok, so yeah, I tested it... but it doesn't Register as MV current... so EVEN THOUGH I found a setup that could produce 128 EU's of current, the Motor would not generate energy, and therefore did not spin it's axles... (lol)

Needless to say, the only way this worked was via fiber optic cables, due to the low EU transfer loss...

• Well, if you have 128 EU going into the motor, you have mechanical power on all five sides. if you don't have, then no mechanical power.

By the way..... you actually made that monster machine? Wow... Screenshots, please XD