[Addon V1.36] Dynamo -> [BTW v3.0] [IC² v1.23]

I'm playing a game now with the same mods as you, plus a bunch of others, and it works fine with me. Did you check all the input/output sides for the dynamo/gearbox/mfe? Can I see a screenshot of your design? Right now I can't think why is should not work.

This shows the setup:
    http://www.box.net/shared/h4m63icemnx10rmvnb80

This shows the dynamo is receving mechanical power:
    http://www.box.net/shared/64bkh1x3li0vb6u0qjf8

This shows no EU in the tin wire:
    http://www.box.net/shared/znsdzh65sppqbliqd0eq

Also, I updated to dynamo 1.36 just in case. Alas, no change.

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• I can't see properly, cause the tin cable is on the way, but it seems to me you connected the dynamo with the bat-box's output. The side of the bat-box with the circle is the output, all others are inputs. If that's the case you'll have to rotate the bat-box

• I can't see properly, cause the tin cable is on the way, but it seems to me you connected the dynamo with the bat-box's output. The side of the bat-box with the circle is the output, all others are inputs. If that's the case you'll have to rotate the bat-box

Thanks, you were right, I'm an idiot. It's working now.

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• Wait, the forge enables those two mods to work together again?
    Thats... Thats INCREDIBLE!
    I'll try to get that working tomorrow instantly.
    INCLUDING this addon.

• Just an FYI, most addons for IC2 1.23 work with IC2 1.337. I havent tried this one with it yet but im just guessing it doesnt require any code changes.

COMING !SOON: Melumpkins, the Addon!

• Odds are good that this won't remain compatible with BTW, though - FlowerChild seems set on making sure his mod doesn't play nice with Forge.

• Odds are good that this won't remain compatible with BTW, though - FlowerChild seems set on making sure his mod doesn't play nice with Forge.

OFDC....

Which is a damn shame, because this used to be my favorite add-on in this whole site.. :-/

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Yeah, this addon is pretty much dead, and it will remain so for as long as BTW is not compatible with forge.

But... The new MC API is currently under development. So, who knows..... Maybe when it is done compatibility will be possible again. I wont give up hope so soon.

• A part of me died when i couldn't get BTW to be compatible with my IDs. Another part died when FC announced dropping Forge. I am sad.

COMING !SOON: Melumpkins, the Addon!

• Along with a part of his fanbase and his credibility. :whistling:

yeah, he throws a big temper tantrum, partially over eloraam modifying base classes for forge hooks.
    What does he do? turn around and modify base classes *himself* whenever he sees fit. I don't really play BTW anymore but I keep up to date on the changes, just because. Two of the new features he introduced modify the base classes.
    I'm sure he doesn't see a problem with this either. Seems like the very definition of hypocrite to me.

• Exactly. Eloraam can be reasoned with - she and Alblaka hammered out their differences and both mods will be stronger for it.
    But FC handles his "personality conflicts" the same way he handles his mod - by being incompatible with everyone else. He turned and walked away instead of improving the process he was a part of.

He says he had to do it because "it wasn't fun anymore", but if you lose many of your players by choosing to be incompatible, and then drive away others with a bad attitude, who's left to play? At that point, your "fun" is in vain - might as well make a mod with tumbleweeds in it.

He's the most prominent example of what can happen when a developer forgets why he does what he's doing.

• Long statement... Read If you want to. Not spam, just opinion.

I actually think that Flower child quit the forge because he didn't like that his mod was compatible with other mods. And because of the techic pack having it included before. He probably left the forge to make his mod completely incompatible so no one can make mod packs with his mod.

Are you serious? That makes absolutelly no sense. If that was true FC would never even had used the forge to begin with.

I for one support his decision. Not that I like that his mod is incompatible with Forge now, obviously I'd prefer to be able to play it with other Forge mods, but there's a big game design difference between better then wolves and the other forge mods. Like you said, and lots of other people said something similar...

The only reasons I like BTW is because of the awesome water/windmills, the buddy block, the hopper, millstone, hibachi, and cauldron.

Well, of course, why would anyone care about the more difficult, challenging part of BTW when playing it together with IC² or Red Power, when these mods have such a higher tech level that makes most BTW aspects obsolete?

Also, FC does this mod for fun. He makes no money from donations or adfly or anything like that, and like he said before, if he's not having any fun making it, there is no reason to continue. I also made this addon only for fun, and if I had to put up with the kind of crap he gets everyday, I might not even had done it. So, in the end, if his choice is stopping the development of BTW (which has become close to be a possibility) or continue it without the Forge, the decision is obvious.

He says he had to do it because "it wasn't fun anymore", but if you lose many of your players by choosing to be incompatible, and then drive away others with a bad attitude, who's left to play?

If you take a look on the BTW forums, you will see there are actually quite a few people that still plays it. By the way, I'm currently playing with BTW on my world, and I plan to keep it for a long time. And if most of the old players stop using BTW, so what? Again, FC did the mod for fun, and then for people who could enjoy the kind of challenge his mod provides. Since he is not getting payed, it really doesn't matter for him if there are 100 players instead of 1000.... At least I'm glad he is still working on the mod at all.