[IC2 Exp][IC2 Classic][1.7.10] Better Energy Transfer v0.5.0

• Hi people,

Have you ever made an epic EU generating facility, and didn't have any cables capable of handling all that current you were generating? I know I have. Well, fear not, for a new mod has arrived to solve exactly that problem.

Better Energy Transfer introduces 4 new energy-carrying blocks for your convenience:

The supercondesator which transforms all currents down to a manageable 8192 EU/t, and when powered by a redstone signal, transforms the current up to tier 8, approximately 0.5 million EU/t. When using the IC2 Classic energy network, the supercondensator will also output a whopping 16 packets per tick in step down mode!

The superconductor cable, which can handle all currents nearly losslessly. These cables can only be broken successfully with a wrench, as they are full of fragile electronics.

The Adjustable Energy Storage Unit (AESU), which can store 200M EU and has an adjustable output EU/t.

And the Wireless Energy Transfer Unit, which can send EU wirelessly, with input and output EU/t dependant on which Power Upgrade it has. The default is 8 EU/t input/output with no upgrades up to 32768 EU/t with the top upgrade. If you need more, then you'll have to connect more transfer units to the same channel. It also has an efficiency of 75% as sending the EU wirelessly uses a lot of energy. The channel network is tied to the player placing the block and should therefore not interfere with other player's channels.

This mod also introduces a new battery-type item, the Lapotronic Energy Cluster which can store 100M EU.

These items are crafted as such:

Some of this mod is based on the equivalent blocks in the old GT mod. No IC2 code was harmed in the making of this mod.

• Official Post

Looks like a nice thing. I personally never felt the necessarity to use something like that, since I never generated enough energy to need higher energy tiers. Nevertheless I think it's nice to have. Balance-wise it doesn't look too cheap. I'd even go that far to say, imo it's a bit too expensive, but that's just my opinion.

One more thing: can you upload the jar file directly instead of a zip file, that's containing the jar file (or does the forums not allow you to do that)?

• Looks like a nice thing. I personally never felt the necessarity to use something like that, since I never generated enough energy to need higher energy tiers. Nevertheless I think it's nice to have. Balance-wise it doesn't look too cheap. I'd even go that far to say, imo it's a bit too expensive, but that's just my opinion.

One more thing: can you upload the jar file directly instead of a zip file, that's containing the jar file (or does the forums not allow you to do that)?

Thanks!

I had to upload it as a .zip file because I am not allowed to attach .jar files. Is there any other way I can upload the .jar?

Do I need to Sphaxify this? B)

If you want to :)

• 1: Something classic already handels. (Only needed for Exp)

2: Cables never can be lossless. Even if you wanted to after 1000 Block distance they will be lossless. And thats hardcoded.

• 1: Something classic already handels. (Only needed for Exp)

2: Cables never can be lossless. Even if you wanted to after 1000 Block distance they will be lossless. And thats hardcoded.

1: Yes, I know that classic has the adjustable transformer, the tag was only to show that it also works with classic. I didn't know that classic also had the cables though?

2: Really? Seems arbitrary to me. Well, I will change the description then.

By the way, is there any way I can make the supercondensator output several packets per tick in classic via the api or something?

Thanks for the feedback :)

• 1: Not a cable but it has a way to transform it easier down with a buffer option.
    BatteryBox (or BatteryStation in 1.10.2) allows you to input anything between tier 0-10 and output based of the battery tier.

2: Jup.

Yes there is. the for loop is like this for(int i = 0;i<source.getMultibleEnergyPacketAmount();i++) keep that in mind.

https://github.com/TinyModular…e/IMultiEnergySource.java

https://github.com/TinyModular…/java/ic2/api/energy/tile

• New version out. I added support for the IC2 Classic packet system, and changed the step up output of the supercondensator to conform to the tier 8 standard. Also fixed a small bug where the cables didn't work properly when placed in a loop.

• New version: Added the Adjustable Energy Storage Unit, main post updated.

Also, does anyone know how I can get a download counter on the .jar file? I'm kinda noob at HTML'ing :D

• You get the download counter when you add the file via attachments.

Hmm, the only thing I'm allowed to do, is upload it in the attachment section and then insert into message, which is exactly what I have done. Maybe it's a privilege thing?

• Could be because when i did it it was with the old forum. But lets try someting.

Ok after some testing. Its simple. Dont insert the File into the message. Just upload the file and then finish the post.
    When you insert it it changes something

• Could be because when i did it it was with the old forum. But lets try someting.

Ok after some testing. Its simple. Dont insert the File into the message. Just upload the file and then finish the post.
    When you insert it it changes something

It worked. Thanks!

• Lol the AESU stores 20Million EU? or is it 200Million?

Good tier 5 for classic.

Cool idea with the variating output by the way xDD

(I wonder how much its compared with the 1.10.2s Tier 6 Energy Storage)

• The AESU has a capacity of 200 Million EU. The adjustability of the output isn't my idea though, I based the AESU on the AESU in 1.4.7 version of GregTech, so that credit goes to him.