Custom recipes?

• Has anyone set up custom recipes for ic2? In the config it says to use the INI file, and I think somewhere someone said it is in the main jar file?

What i would like to do is make custom recipes for ic2 machines, or even better, change machine recipes like using the thermal centrifuge to process other mod's items into new resources. But even the recipes of the machines themselves would help. Has anyone done this, or are there instructions somewhere that I am too dense to find?

• Official Post

In the mod jar, in assets/ic2/config, there's all the .ini recipe lists that IC2 itself uses. You copy the ones you want to change into a folder called ic2 in the config folder. Each one has an explanation of the format, and with the examples of the real things it's not too hard to work out. Not all the machines currently have them, but a fair number do (including the thermal centrifuge ;) ).

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Yes, as IC2 also uses the ini files for adding nearly all of the crafting recipes (the only ones that don't are things like the quantum suit dying recipes). You can modify the machine recipes in the shaped_recipes.ini file, as all the machine recipes are shaped, by using it like you use the machine files.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• yeah I noticed it after I posted, i r dumb. :) I should have looked through it fully before replying again, and bugging you. Thanks again!