Suggestion: geoterm generator + buildcraft

• i cant find anyone there have surggested something like this, so here i go:

i like the buildcraft pump + pipe to be compatible with the geoterm generator, becouse in version 2.2.0 the pump can suck up alllava too, and i think it will look really cool to see the lava flow in to my generator.

• Well since the geo-genny doesn't run off pure lava, but lava in buckets or cells. I can't see how this would be implemented. Maybe as an add-on by someone, but never an actual part of IC2.

• I think it would be cool, and @the person above me- It runs just fine off of lava buckets w/o eating the bucket. Just have it fill the lava-meter. Have you never used a geo-genny before?

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

• Official Post

A better request would be of the makers of buildcraft -- have them set it up so you can pump lava into an auto-crafting table, and mix it with buckets to make lava buckets.

Then -- combine the lava bucket with empty cells (again in an auto crafting table if you wish) to get lava cells, which can then be pumped into a geo-gen.

Wouldn't involve IC modification at all.

• I agree it could be interesting to see pumps fill buckets (BC) or that geogens would accept lava pipes (IC).

That said, there is at least one solution to semi-automate lava into a mass of geogens (IC2 and BC 1.x, not using the engines yet):

A loop of stone & wood pipes
    1) A chest that I toss full lava buckets into. Connected to the back of a
    2) Geothermal generator, connected from the right to the back of a
    3) Repeat (2)
    4) A diamond pipe near the end to siphon off the empty buckets

Each geogen is connected by wires back to a central point for energy collection. The lava buckets cycle around until each finds a geogen that doesn't have a full meter. Come back every once in awhile to refill the buckets and to load crystals into the MFE.

Hardly optimal (can think of a ton of ways to improve it), but I thought I'd share an approach for the meantime.

• I'm with the original poster in wanting support for liquid input compatibility with Buildcraft. IC doesn't need to have any liquids added to it or any pipes to carry liquids, just the ability for people who have Buildcraft to use them in the machines without buckets/cells/cans. Lava without buckets in the Geothermal Generators and Fuel in the Generators are the only two we need. Maybe Oil but as long as it takes Fuel I can live without it.

• Well since the geo-genny doesn't run off pure lava, but lava in buckets or cells. I can't see how this would be implemented. Maybe as an add-on by someone, but never an actual part of IC2.

This is easy to fix. The Geothermal Generator currently accepts lava buckets or lava cells. Adding Lava to the list of things it accepts is all that needs to be done. That and a test run, of course.

Keep in mind that it is only possible to use pipes if you have Buildcraft installed, and since Buildcraft has all of the artwork, IC doesn't have to worry about the artwork to make it work at all.

• Well, keep in mind that IC has a pump machine that will pump lava and put it into cells -- I know it was bugged in 1.0 though, does it work in 1.15?

True. The Pump needs to be able to pump pure liquids if it can't already. If a bucket or cell is placed into the output slot then it should fill it, as per normal IC. If the slot is left empty then it should output the liquid (without visibly filling the slot). In neither case should the pump spill stuff onto the ground, just stop. In this way, if the player puts in an empty bucket, it'll fill it and stop pumping until another empty bucket is added. If the player has Buildcraft installed and connects regular pipes, it'll take empty buckets as input and output filled buckets into the pipe. If a waterproof pipe is connected and the slot is left empty, it'll output pure liquid into the pipe. No artwork is necessary from IC since no liquid output is possible unless Buildcraft is installed.

Actually, since Buildcraft has its own Pump, the most important thing is simply that the Generators be capable of accepting liquids.