Need a complete Cobblestone Generator (Block Breaker) tutorial

• Official Post

I tried to follow the image Aroma1997 tossed out, but I cannot seem to make a miner break one level of cobble. I tried an advanced Miner on Whitelist with just a cobblestone... and it started mining a while level of stone before I realized it.

Can someone give me the specifics of what is supposed to be set up and what I should expect while it is working? I must be missing something, show me the baby steps.

• Official Post

Because someone might ask, here's what I put in the miner:

TRY 1: Added Diamond Drill, OD scanner. Drill did not mine.

TRY 2: Added Diamond Drill, OD scanner, 1 pipe. Drill mined 1, pipe prevented new cobblestone.

TRY 3: Added Diamond Drill, OD Scanner, 1 pipe, ejector upgrade. Drill mined 1, then ejected drill, pipe, ore. Miner stopped mining without drill.

• Official Post

The drill getting ejected is something we probably want to change.

It doesn't get ejected in all directions though (only from the top, I think), so if you change the direction the chest is from the miners, then it doesn't get ejected.

Regarding how to prevent it from mining the ore: iirc a single cobblestone generator produces cobblestone faster than a miner can mine, so you don't have to worry about that.

• You may have to download another mod that is fully compatible with IC2. Its called Buildcraft and it adds a quarry that requires 30 sticks, 34 iron, 8 gold, 11 diamonds, and one redstone. I call it the chunk destroyer because it can mine out many chunks down to bedrock, hence the name.

:Uranium Ingot::Uranium Ingot:I have enough money to live for the rest of my life - if I die next Thurday.:Uranium Ingot::Uranium Ingot:

MinecraftSquidThe Teal RabbitMinecraftSquid

• Fully automatic cobble generators uses wither cages or duped TNT to harvest them. For maximum efficiency, the cobble are pushed by pistons when the TNT explodes, making its drop rate almost 100%. With a proper setup, there is no need to use other mods or just to mine the cobblestone.

IC2 reactors has 196,627,050,475,552,913,618,075,908,526,912,116,283,103,450,944,214,766,927,315,415,537,966,391,196,809 (2754) combinations. HAYO!

:Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log:

My avatar is from a video of Operation Upshot-Knothole.

• With that ejecting drill bug fixed, it is so much easier to design a cobble generator with miners.

I just designed one that is random tick proof:

There are 2 miners that are next to a recycler. A batbox is enough to power 2 of these combinations. The glass in the picture is optional - I just put it there to prevent fire generated by lava. I put a debug item into the bottom slot of the batbox to make it an infinite EU source.

Since this is most likely be used for scrap production, I only used normal drills and OD scanners to reduce EU cost per scrap. 1 lava source will be enough for 4 miners, but I put 2 there so that there is at least 1 cobble between the miner and the ore. I'm not certain if this is necessary.

IC2 reactors has 196,627,050,475,552,913,618,075,908,526,912,116,283,103,450,944,214,766,927,315,415,537,966,391,196,809 (2754) combinations. HAYO!

:Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log:

My avatar is from a video of Operation Upshot-Knothole.

• With that ejecting drill bug fixed, it is so much easier to design a cobble generator with miners.

I just designed one that is random tick proof:There are 2 miners that are next to a recycler. A batbox is enough to power 2 of these combinations. The glass in the picture is optional - I just put it there to prevent fire generated by lava. I put a debug item into the bottom slot of the batbox to make it an infinite EU source.

Since this is most likely be used for scrap production, I only used normal drills and OD scanners to reduce EU cost per scrap. 1 lava source will be enough for 4 miners, but I put 2 there so that there is at least 1 cobble between the miner and the ore. I'm not certain if this is necessary.

Kris, how are you keeping the miners from harvesting the block between them underneath the recycler? (assuming you're not editing IC2.ini.)