Solar plants do not appear to make enough energy

• Hi there,

I am not sure what I am doing wrong here. I have 32 solar plants in 2 lines of 16 (rather than a flower). They feed into a sequence of 4 bat boxes via a single insulated copper cable that runs down between the 2 rows of generators. According to the Wiki each generator should be giving 13,050 per day. This should be nearly 400,000eu per day with losses. I am only getting 80,000eu per day (it took 2 days to fill up the 4 bat boxes).

Thank you for your help

• Let me trying to understand (screen shot would help) there is no other cable runs besides the one piece of copper?

You have two rows of solar panels? and only 8 of them are working? which is correct even if you were only using copper all the way down.

If you were using fiber they would all work, or if you made it more densely compact it would work.

• To clarify, energy "packets" doesn't stack. Solar outputs a single energy unit, so it will be lost after 4 (ins) copper cables no matter what :sleeping:

• Energy units don't stack makes sense. I assumed that all energy entering a cable tile would be added together. To get round this I have reworked the solar plant. I have put 5 generators round a bat box that outputs to my main transformer system. The solar plant works now and I think I understand the energy system a little better. Thanks for the help

• Energy units don't stack makes sense. I assumed that all energy entering a cable tile would be added together. To get round this I have reworked the solar plant. I have put 5 generators round a bat box that outputs to my main transformer system. The solar plant works now and I think I understand the energy system a little better. Thanks for the help

Overcoming this energy loss is the driving force behind the design of the solar flowers. Otherwise we would have long lines of solar panels with bat boxes on the end.

• Ok, just so I am clear on this. Power on cables from different sources doesn't stack. So 10 arrays sending 1 EU each down one cable is still just 1EU worth of load on the cable, but it is just 10 individual pulses of 1 EU.

What I am getting at, is that Tin wire can only handle 3 EU and if these are individual packets, then you could get a really long tin cable with like 30 Solar panels on it and the wire wouldn't break from the load. Is this correct?

• Ok, just so I am clear on this. Power on cables from different sources doesn't stack. So 10 arrays sending 1 EU each down one cable is still just 1EU worth of load on the cable, but it is just 10 individual pulses of 1 EU.

What I am getting at, is that Tin wire can only handle 3 EU and if these are individual packets, then you could get a really long tin cable with like 30 Solar panels on it and the wire wouldn't break from the load. Is this correct?

Yes that is correct :)