[How To] TC6 Scribing Tools make Electrics [Complete]

• I don`t know and i wait help :3

• Official Post

Quick unrelated Question, I know it would have ingame benefits, but how would an Electric Pen work IRL? Is it like a handheld Laser Printer?

As for your Problem, everything looks somewhat right to me, whats the Issue?

Oh and remove the "setDamage" Function out of there. Its a void Function that is expected to always work, you cannot add an if-statement in that one!

• Official Post

The problem is that the this item uses durability instead of energy.

Electric Pen yep!

Oh I think the reason for that is Thaumcraft itself. Thaumcraft just reduces Durability by 1 until the Scribing Tool reaches one durabiity left (in order to not break the Tool itself)

In order to fix this you need to implement ISpecialElectricItem or something along the lines, and manually manage the Charge of the Pen. This can be done by letting the Damage directly correspond to the EU stored instead of storing the EU in NBT. This is how it was done before NBT was a thing, and also the reason for the Transfer Limit to exist, since it was necessary back in the NBT-less Days.

• Official Post

The default ElectricItemManager should be fine, as it interpolates the amount of remaining charge into damage. So long as you're careful within setDamage (ie expect a second call to it if you do ElectricItem.manager.use within it) or implement ICustomDamageItem so you can call the super methods directly from that, it should work as you need.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Reoganize code and try fix, but not working D:

• Official Post

Try something like

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

You managed to get quite close, just the finer details that needed refining.

I see this too much.