How do i use the fluid cells in machine recipes?

• What im trying to do is make a centrifuge recipe that takes 50 :Water Cell: water cells and makes 1 :Electrolyzed Water Cell: heavy water cell and 49 :Empty Cell: empty ones. I use the method used in getSubItems to get the cells with fluid. I know that works bacause if i set the input to a random item like :Refined Iron: iron ingots it works but if i set it to the :Water Cell: water cells the recipe is not working.

• filling them is not the problem. i cant use fluid cells as inputs. even if i make the output a random item like iron ingots it still wont take them. i can use them as outputs fine but not inputs.

• Official Post

What error are you getting when doing Cell -> Cell + Empty Cells? There's been a lot of work (some quite recently) to make universal fluid cells work in machine recipes, especially if a different recipe using them already exists (hence the compressor recipe is fine).

As an aside, getSubItems was patched to be universal in 1.11 and was made universal in 1.12 so you're clear to use it without concern.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

They all use the same base recipe manager which can definitely use NBT. It does sometimes need slightly different passing in though to ensure it checks the way you need, but for what you're doing it shouldn't. The extractor has an air cell to empty cell recipe which means universal fluid cells definitely do work as inputs too.

Try something like...

Java
    IRecipeInput input = Recipes.inputFactory.forStack(IC2Items.getItem("fluid_cell", "water"), 50);
    ItemStack outputA = IC2Items.getItem("fluid_cell", "ic2heavy_water");
    ItemStack outputB = IC2Items.getItem("fluid_cell");
    outputB.setCount(49); //49 Empty universal fluid cells output
    Recipes.centrifuge.addRecipe(input, Arrays.asList(outputA, outputB), null, false);

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Which version of IC2 are you compiling against/using? It did previously have some problems so older versions won't work.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

That'd do it, the extractor recipe was only fixed in 86 and I would doubt fluid containers would work reliably before it too. Try updating and trying again with 96. Curse is definitely due a bump in version soon if it works.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

You'd have to remove the recipes from the canning machine's enriching recipe manager; the cleanest method being removing it from the ICannerEnrichRecipeManager#getRecipes() iterator. Whilst not really recommended normally, it remains the best way to remove recipes if that is what you want to do.

I see this too much.